• Romeu
    • Hoijberg
    • JWP
    • JRod
    • Redmond
    • Tadic
    • Austin
    • Davis

Kept our heads when it wasn't going particularly well for us, and came through to win. VvD is just immense, I fear for the Jan transfer window - he is that good that somebody will put some big money on the table soon.

Crowd were good, and roared the boys home at the end - well done.

Alpine is a complete and utter co ck, tool, fu kwit, numpty, di ck, and any other expletive I can think off. Knob off mate - go and jump off a mountain.

That. Will. Do. Nicely. :D

VvD: another IMMENSE game

Redmond: an irritant for Inter

Austin: changed the game just by being on

Others, 'the usual':

JWP skyed one

Yoshi nearly did it again

McQueen good but naive

Hoj good in bits

Tadic missed penalty

Martina ran a lot

JRod off the pace

Rom held it together

Fraser a bit 'lumpy', but saved one

Davis solid when he came on

VERY pleased with the result, however, so who cares?!

Bad team selection reprieve without Jay rod and with austin. Fire in belly absent in first half, but there when wound up in second by their antics and ref's incompetence. Good won in end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic response 2nd half but Cedric cannot come back quick enough! Yoshi did a great job again, JWP was immense and Redmond is going to be some player.

How did not win that by 5 or 6 who the hell knows. We should have had 4 or 5 penalties alone!

Good news is if we beat Halpoel we are basically through........we should have won at Inter too but we are in with a good shout of qualifying.

All the morons who wrote us off at 0-1 can go suck a fat one. Ridiculous negativity, pathetic support. COYR!

I don't think lack of support on a forum causes too many issues with the match.

Game changed when Jay went off. He cuts a sorry figure now. A real shame. Jermaine Jenas continually claiming the CB's rugby tackles on VvD were fine was just about the most annoying part of the night.

Would have been an absolute travesty if we had not won that. Sweet revenge for the smash and grab they hit us with two weeks ago.

Proper chuffed for VVD. Deserved a goal and must have been good for him to atone for that miss at the San Siro. He was immense tonight and should win the MOTM poll by a country mile.

Thought JWP had a very good game, and Hojbjerg was improved over recent performances. Romeu excellent again, except for one horrible moment near the end when he gifted a chance to Icardi with a wayward pass.

Tadic was useful, although I would be happ byy if he never takes a penalty for us again. Redmond impressed me too - if he could just make a 10% improvement to his end product he would be a superb player, and hopefully with the right coaching he will.

Final mention to the ref - without a shadow of a doubt the most pathetic and incompetent display of officialdom I have ever witnessed at SMS.

Qualification is in our hands now :)

I don't think lack of support on a forum causes too many issues with the match.

Game changed when Jay went off. He cuts a sorry figure now. A real shame. Jermaine Jenas continually claiming the CB's rugby tackles on VvD were fine was just about the most annoying part of the night.

Sadly Rodriguez does still look way off the pace. He should have been hooked at half time if not before and his removal improved us. He needs to go out on loan to the championship or Hull/West Brom.

Thought Yoshi was decent for a change - 2 important clearances and no dodgy back pass!

Virgil was immense, and SM had a decent game again. Romeu was a rock as usual, Hoj did well too.

Sad for Jrod - it just isn't falling for him ATM. Cuco didn't have his best game, nor JWP.

Was worried we'd lose at HT but the dirty cheats got what they deserved...for a change.

Wish Charlie had started, but Penalty excepted Tadic did ok.

Just don't let him take one again?

Far better second half once the boys got a little fire in their bellies due to a criminally inept referee.

Van Dijk was immense, good performances from McQueen, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Yoshida.

Think we're particularly light up front - sadly, Rodriguez is miles short of his pre-injury level; Redmond and Tadic blow very hot and cold.

But a win's a win - and it's always a pleasure to watch the classless Italians go home empty handed in a flurry of pouty lips and flappy hands.

Thought Yoshi was decent for a change - 2 important clearances and no dodgy back pass!

Virgil was immense, and SM had a decent game again. Romeu was a rock as usual, Hoj did well too.

Sad for Jrod - it just isn't falling for him ATM. Cuco didn't have his best game, nor JWP.

Was worried we'd lose at HT but the dirty cheats got what they deserved...for a change.

Wish Charlie had started, but Penalty excepted Tadic did ok.

Just don't let him take one again?

I thought Yoshida was very good again,he has been solid all season when called upon,JWP was immense imo,I thought that was one of if not his best game for us that I can ever remember.

We do look much more dangerous when we have a "target" striker, Redmond looked most dangerous when out wide in his natural winger position

Thought J-Rod started very good,looked sharp but just seemed well of the pace by 30 mins,hope he turns it round but I fear if he doesn't he will be gone in Jan

Edited by pangy

Sadly Rodriguez does still look way off the pace. He should have been hooked at half time if not before and his removal improved us. He needs to go out on loan to the championship or Hull/West Brom.

Personally i thought Jrod looked ok and don't think he needs to go out on loan. We've got plenty enough games to have need of him.

I don't think Austin sub changed the game it was just coincidental. Getting a slightly scrappy goal from a corner changed the game.

Great win. JRodlacks confidence, but is getting game time and still in capital cup...which gives more games. Best footballing Saints team I've seen in ages.strength in depth except right back and up front...although Long is still to return. Boufal will also add to team. Amazing credit to our new left back...what a few weeks to break through.

Amazing turnaround. Wasn't convinced by the team selection at all. Didn't look like our strongest 11 given that it was a game that we really needed to go out and win. Whatever was said in the dressing room at half time certainly did the trick. Superb stuff.

Oh, and in response to ALWAYS SFC's comment on a now closed thread... I'm well aware of squad rotation and I'm entitled to my opinion that we didn't start our strongest 11 tonight. Chuffed to bits with the second half performance, however, criticising me for the timing of my post is a bit unfair when I was in work and didn't have access to the forum. Still, you always know best don't you?

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd