Hull vs Saints Match Thread

Lighthouse

With all the changes Puel makes its hard to predict

This should be an easy 3 points but we've said that a few times this season and been disappointed (Watford, Sunderland for example)

Let's hope the lads give it there all before another international break

100% agree qwerty. The only thing that very slightly marred last night for me was seeing JRod so obviously struggling. The mind is definitely willing but I fear the body is not up to this level. At what point do the club say that's it? The end of this season I suspect.

I genuinely think the opposite is true, his body looks fine, he just doesn't currently believe that he can score, so writing him off now would be daft.

My front 3 would be redmond, Austin and bouffal. Tadic has looked a bit sub par in the last couple of games and might benefit from being benched. I think the shuttle midfielders will be rotated whether I agree or not, and can only see him picking Jose and vvd. Only question mark then is whether Bertrand is fit enough to start. Sam has been excellent but Bertrand remains our first choice IMHO.

Don't see how you can start Rodriguez after his performance last night.

He needs a goal, was good for the first 15 mins but missed a few chances then was poor (so could be confidence as well as match fitness). Real shame that he didn't get to take that pen on Thursday, Tadic should never take a pen for us again even the ones he's scored have been poor penalties. He's got 2/4 I think and all 4 were terrible.

I genuinely think the opposite is true, his body looks fine, he just doesn't currently believe that he can score, so writing him off now would be daft.

Agree although I think it's more he just over-thinks things a bit. As for the point below yours I think CP (and others) are doing a good job of changing our mentality as a team and a club somewhat which is what is needed to stop us blowing hot and cold. Basically we need to become a bit nastier e.g. like Costa and we'll do well (but without going to the extremes that Costa has in the past).

Boufal hasn't been rushed. I think he's ready for a start now.

Fitness wise maybe, but still think there are question marks over his adapting to the Premier League. Admittedly, he's not going to get that by not playing, just think he needs to be used as far forward as possible so that when he gives the ball away it doesn't leave us exposed.

A win at Hull means 7 points out of a possible 12, a string which includes away at ManC and home versus Chelsea. Plus Burnley is no pushover either. Also add in the international games midweek and I think this will be a good run for us. I am going to be very happy with the whole string.

With all the changes Puel makes its hard to predict

This should be an easy 3 points but we've said that a few times this season and been disappointed (Watford, Sunderland for example)

Let's hope the lads give it there all before another international break

I actually wish people would STFU about Watford and Sunderland, we were still bedding in a new manager and playing style, I don't think it's fair to bang on about it....we didn't even lose them.

Am I wrong in thinking we've only lost 4 games in all competition's ? Away to Arsenal, United and Inter and home to an in form Chelsea !?

Nope that is correct. Hadn't really thought about it until now but that's pretty impressive really! Quite a lot of draws to be fair; if we put away just a couple more of our many chances then quite a few of those would be wins and we'd be higher up the league table. Even as is we're not doing badly at all though!

I actually wish people would STFU about Watford and Sunderland, we were still bedding in a new manager and playing style, I don't think it's fair to bang on about it....we didn't even lose them.

So were they. Can't abide it when people think its OK for us to drop home points against crap teams because we were badly prepared. We are too soft at times, usually at the start of a season.

The referee tomorrow is Graham Scott. We've never lost when he's been our referee, and the last time we didn't win was the 0-0 draw at home to Notts County back in the League 1 days

Could you not have just kept that to yourself?

I'll hold you personally responsible if we fail to win.

Redmond will need some rest but I expect him to start and come off for Jay Rod with 20-25 to go.

Tadic Austin Boufal would be my ideal 3 for tonight, then have Jay Rod and Redmond come off the bench.

Win today really would show we are still able to be a top 8 side and compete in the EL, I always dread these games after europe.

'Southampton's Dusan Tadic has created 28 goalscoring chances in this season's Premier League but has yet to register an assist' according to the BBC.

I can't believe that this is correct. If so, perhaps this is the game when Dusan beats his duck.

So my prediction is 2-1 with Dusan motm to score and an assist for Charlie.

'Southampton's Dusan Tadic has created 28 goalscoring chances in this season's Premier League but has yet to register an assist' according to the BBC.

I can't believe that this is correct. If so, perhaps this is the game when Dusan beats his duck.

Not really his duck though is it? Today's the day somebody else breaks his duck for him.

1-1 (Tadic assist!)

He's got 2 assists in the league this season I think.

So were they. Can't abide it when people think its OK for us to drop home points against crap teams because we were badly prepared. We are too soft at times, usually at the start of a season.

How were we badly prepared? Our manager who said he was staying decided to shít on us and leave for Everton, we then had to find another decent one which takes time. I think we've done brilliantly considering..

How were we badly prepared? Our manager who said he was staying decided to shít on us and leave for Everton, we then had to find another decent one which takes time. I think we've done brilliantly considering..

We knew about Keoman going to Everton in May and that was confirmed and fully signed in early June

We didn't appoint Puel till start of July

+ Koeman didn't "shït on us" he just decided to join a club that would pay him a lot more and offer him (in his mind) more opportunity to succeed and win medals

Then why the weird kick off time!? Ffs.

Same as Liverpool v Watford to fit in between the 2 Sky Matches.

Probably driven by Overseas TV companies like BEIn Sports, Supersport and NBC etc who can show Every EPL Game Live, and have less overlaps going on.

Don't worry about the people who actually go to the match.

Same as Liverpool v Watford to fit in between the 2 Sky Matches.

Probably driven by Overseas TV companies like BEIn Sports, Supersport and NBC etc who can show Every EPL Game Live, and have less overlaps going on.

Don't worry about the people who actually go to the match.

how does it inconvenience anyone who goes if it 1400 or 1415 kick off?

Huge fan of Yoshida, but he's not a RB and has always looked shaky there. Could cost us.

nah think its a good call.

yoshida played in rb in 2014 in our home game against chelsea and played well then, and whilst he has had some other crap games there, we should still beat hull even with yoshida at rb, who are worst team in prem on form.

and martina looks burnt out, not surprising of course as hes played so many games with cedric injured

Agree really impressed with Yoshida this season Has been capable at RB and another bonus for our back up CB is that he can fill in there. Usual planks probably won't cut him any slack though given that he is out of position.