Saints v Crawley

Nordic Saint

Hope many boycott this pathetic excuse for a competition. We enjoyed it and earnt it when we were in League One - by entering U23 Prem teams we're p*ssing on lower league clubs and one of their only chances of winning a trophy. Hope we get knocked out as soon as possible and the low attendances across the board get this sh*t idea shelved next season.

Nice one warrior.

Hope many boycott this pathetic excuse for a competition. We enjoyed it and earnt it when we were in League One - by entering U23 Prem teams we're p*ssing on lower league clubs and one of their only chances of winning a trophy. Hope we get knocked out as soon as possible and the low attendances across the board get this sh*t idea shelved next season.

The inclusion of under 23 teams that the overwhelming majority of lower league clubs voted in favour of as a one year trial? You might want to at least read the background before venting it has reached the point where the trophy was either killed off or re-invented this is very much the last chance saloon most lower league clubs want to get knocked out in the first round!

The inclusion of under 23 teams that the overwhelming majority of lower league clubs voted in favour of as a one year trial? You might want to at least read the background before venting it has reached the point where the trophy was either killed off or re-invented this is very much the last chance saloon most lower league clubs want to get knocked out in the first round!

Try telling my nephew the comp is meaningless. He will be making his St Mary's debut tonight. Life long Saints fan, local lad, been on Saints' books since he was 8/9 and has worked his bollix off, showing huge levels of commitment every step of the way. Gutted I can't be there. I hope all that are going get behind him.

Try telling my nephew the comp is meaningless. He will be making his St Mary's debut tonight. Life long Saints fan, local lad, been on Saints' books since he was 8/9 and has worked his bollix off, showing huge levels of commitment every step of the way. Gutted I can't be there. I hope all that are going get behind him.

What's his name? Good luck to him. I'll be there. Like most things in life, football competitions are constantly changing. The Europa League used to be the UEFA Cup and before that it was the Fairs Cup. It doesn't mean we should boycott it.

What's his name? Good luck to him. I'll be there. Like most things in life, football competitions are constantly changing. The Europa League used to be the UEFA Cup and before that it was the Fairs Cup. It doesn't mean we should boycott it.

His name is Ben Rowthorn.

Only just saw this the other day.

Good luck to him.

Haha yes, I considered posting it but he doesn't come across as the most eloquent chap in the world on it so decided against it. He is usually a bit more interesting than he comes across on the video. We've also given him some stick over his Eric Dier comments, saying he should have likened his game to Romeu instead!

Good luck to him.

The competition is still meaningless for us, insulting to L1 and L2 clubs and a general clusterf*** for all concerned.

The PL put in a extra million and all of the clubs have earned more than last year already, £10k a win, £5k a draw. Win it £100k. The clubs need the money and voted to try it. It looks like half the U21 sides are out.

Just had a look at the groups and the draw rules:

Round of 32.

The eight winners and eight runners up of the north and south group stages qualify for the round of 32. All other Clubs are eliminated from the Competition.

The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw whereby the winner of a group will be drawn at home and will play a runner up of a group from the same region (but not from the same group).

Subject to the requirement above, the League shall determine the format of, and conduct, the draw to determine the round of 32 and the allocation as Home Club and Away Club.

Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/trophyrules.aspx#KbMoQVfemTUMztEb.99

Saints U21s will play at home to one of the following:

Reading U21

Swansea U21

Oxford

Wycombe

MK Dons

Brighton U21

Luton.

The other southern teams in the next round are:

Crawley, and all the group winners:

Yeovil

Wimbledon

Swindon

Coventry

Norwich U21

Southend

Millwall

He would've enjoyed that then mate!

Gardos did Ok but no stand out

fairly quiet time until the big lad Matt Harrold cam on

Crawley were awful at the back first half aided by their keeper who punched a corner into his own net early on.

We could, and should, have had more than four.

Harry Lewis had two or three comfortable shots to save but that was all.

Thought Olomola had a very quiet game then he came up with a cracker for the fourth.

Thought Josh Sims was arguably our stand out player but Isgrove did OK in fits and starts and the two midfielders did well too.

Very sparse crowd.

Tip my hat to the couple of hundred Crawley fans who turned up to see their team completely outclassed

Surprised it was pay at the gate.

First time this has happened in my experience at St Marys

Gardos did Ok but no stand out

fairly quiet time until the big lad Matt Harrold cam on

Crawley were awful at the back first half aided by their keeper who punched a corner into his own net early on.

We could, and should, have had more than four.

Harry Lewis had two or three comfortable shots to save but that was all.

Thought Olomola had a very quiet game then he came up with a cracker for the fourth.

Thought Josh Sims was arguably our stand out player but Isgrove did OK in fits and starts and the two midfielders did well too.

Very sparse crowd.

Tip my hat to the couple of hundred Crawley fans who turned up to see their team completely outclassed

Surprised it was pay at the gate.

First time this has happened in my experience at St Marys

Cash gate? They announced very explicitly online that "tickets" would be £5...

Cash gate? They announced very explicitly online that "tickets" would be £5...

I was not happy I asked for a ticket stub and was told that was not possible for this game. I did manage to take more than one free programme which offset the disappointment.

Next round week beginning 5th December I think, if so that is also the week we are home to Be'ersheva so not sure how that will work (They will have access to train at St Marys on the Wednesday night)

I thought Sims and Isgrove looked strong tonight, amazing result considering Hesketh , Reed and McQueen unavailable.

Those lower league teams voted in the majority before the organisers of the competition actually had any clubs signed up. Those lower league teams were voting thinking they would get a Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool, not Reading or Blackburn.