Saints vs Liverpool - Build Up

Lighthouse

First of a Souse double-header at St Mary's. I missed the boat getting tickets for this one, probably a good thing. Would it be too much to hope Mané, Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge get their heads kick in on international duty? The last two always score against us.

Alas I fear the ex saints will win this one (easily).

Lallana will finally put in a good performance here again, Lovren and Clyne will be solid at the back and Mane will put us to the sword - it is written. This could be a worse result than the Chelsea one - brace yourselves.

Alas I fear the ex saints will win this one (easily).

Lallana will finally put in a good performance here again, Lovren and Clyne will be solid at the back and Mane will put us to the sword - it is written. This could be a worse result than the Chelsea one - brace yourselves.

The gengen press against us, coupled with their sheer pace up front is going to cause us MASSIVE issues.

Put money on Coutinho curling one in the top corner as he usually does against us.

Too Boo or Not To Boo ... that is the question.

Definitely Lolvren as it is certainly deserved and seemed to work last season leading to him being subbed.

Lallana a few hisses and chants of Wanchor Wanchor.

Clyne a few boos .... Mane ... tough call, he was given a tough ride here and we were never going to say no to the money on offer, hopefully he'll pick up a niggly injury on International Duty and won't play against (destroy!!)us.

Can't see anything but a heavy defeat here and the same would apply to any team playing Liverpool at the moment.

Coutinho and Sturridge always seem to get at least 1 against us at home and Mane to get a couple if he continues to play like he has been.

RB worries me as I'm not convinced that any of the 3 options we have in that position are good enough. Coutinho could have a field day.

I'd be tempted to play a front 3 of Boufal, Redmond and Tadic to use Redmond's pace in behind their high defensive line.

Too Boo or Not To Boo ... that is the question.

Definitely Lolvren as it is certainly deserved and seemed to work last season leading to him being subbed.

Lallana a few hisses and chants of Wanchor Wanchor.

Clyne a few boos .... Mane ... tough call, he was given a tough ride here and we were never going to say no to the money on offer, hopefully he'll pick up a niggly injury on International Duty and won't play against (destroy!!)us.

No booing, it's all in the past now, it was tiresome last season.

Liverpool are the form team (as well as Chelsea), the team will need to be on their best and feel backing of the crowd, not negativity towards others. In my opinion anyway.

Liverpool are the form team (as well as Chelsea), the team will need to be on their best and feel backing of the crowd, not negativity towards others. In my opinion anyway.

Nope I'm gonna get on at them. Lallana's going to get the worst from me.

I recall a song about his baby's not his (in refrence to his girlfriend, now wife, cheating on him)...? That'll be what I'm chanting the whole 90 minutes :D

It would be nice if we don't give Coutinho space outside the box to shoot this year.

It's ok, we won't have Wanyama not bothering to track back this time or Caulker doing the best job I've ever seen of creating space for attackers in the box.

I agree totally, but we need to have a bit of nastiness about us now and then, but not at the expense of cheering us.

Maybe The Northam can vent their collective spleens every now and again instead of any skate songs .... seems fair to me ;)

The booing worked last year, got Klopp to sub off Lovren and bring on Skrtel.

They will tear us a new arsehole.

We got the result we wanted against this side, last season. And it was a cracker.

this seasons liverpool side are a different beast.

they will win this by 2 or 3 whilst we plod the ball around and miss loads of chances

To think it was only 5 months ago when we were a better side and laughed at Liverpool

Fast forward through the summer as they cleared dead wood like Adam Bogdan, Joe Allen, Brad Smith, Jon Flanagan, Christian Benteke, Luis Alberto, Mario Balotelli, Lazar Markovic and invested wisely we sold our best 3 players and decided it was a good idea to play a winger as a striker......

Liverpool are now streets ahead of us as we simply bottled another opportunity to kick on.

We will lose this 3-0 imho

To think it was only 5 months ago when we were a better side and laughed at Liverpool

Fast forward through the summer as they cleared dead wood like Adam Bogdan, Joe Allen, Brad Smith, Jon Flanagan, Christian Benteke, Luis Alberto, Mario Balotelli, Lazar Markovic and invested wisely we sold our best 3 players and decided it was a good idea to play a winger as a striker......

Liverpool are now streets ahead of us as we simply bottled another opportunity to kick on.

We will lose this 3-0 imho

***Calls ALWAYS_SFC***

We will lose unfortunately (in my opinion) I've seen several of Liverpool's games this season and they are set up perfectly to beat us I think if we continue with usual tactics.

Liverpool to win and both teams to score

Liverpool to win -1 handicap both look like tempting bets at 3/1.

Would be good to have Cedric back and on form to have some pace at right back, I'm taking some hope from the fact Burnley managed to beat them earlier in the season.

What are the chances of having Cedric back for this? If he's on his game and we have our first choice back four we might have a chance. A weak link and they'll be all over us. Really interested to see how Puel tries to stop them.

Let's have Long playing on the break as well.

I think we'll bottle this one- bar City and Milan at home (and to an extent Arsenal away), we have bottled the big games we have whereas last season I think bar Leicester we beat all top 6 teams at one point in the league.

Gonna predict Saints 0-1 Liverpool, our defence is good and think we'll be in it but lose because they take their one and only chance unlike us.

Firmino in the second half.

Everyone seems mega confident of us being thrashed by Liverpool, why? it is said time and time again that there are no easy games in the Premier League. Liverpool lost to Burnley, Southampton lost to Hull City (Everyone was mega confident about us winning that) I dont think we should be writing ourselves off, eventually we should come good and I would expect a backlash after throwing the lead away v Hull.

Saints 2-1 Liverpool

Everyone seems mega confident of us being thrashed by Liverpool, why?

does make you wonder doesnt it.....

:scared: Liverpool have taken 22 points from the last 24 availible

:scared: We average a point (1.2) per game

:scared: Liverpool have scored 30 goals in the last 11 league games

:scared: We have socre 12

:scared: We just lost to Hull

:scared: They beat Hull 5-1

:scared: They improved the squad this summer

:scared: We did the opposite

:scared: The only thing we have on them is we beat Burnley, they didnt and we made a profit on transfers this summer and they had a net spend of £1 million!!

Not saying its impossible but they will need to play badly for us to win this

So disappointing to see so many Saints fans having so little faith in our team. It's true we have shown a weakness in that our front players find it hard to shoot on target but I think we can be sure that is being worked on at training. We are capable of winning this game and of defending solidly. It may well come down to who has the most luck.

Teams need to put pressure on pools defence its bang average and pretty much conceding every game weather we are the team that can do that I'm not so sure. The issue is that up front Liverpool are very good and press from the front (basically playing like poch does) so our ball possession game is going to have to be 1st class or they will punish us every time we make a mistake. We'd probably be better off trying to play it long to by pass Liverpool's midfield and get at their defence. Shame Long isn't fit and inform. As it is Puel will stick to his guns (no criticism from me for that) and we will try to play possession football, get pressed to death and probably lose.

Instead of booing ex players (the sheer number of them currently playing for Liverpool means you probably couldn't catch your breath before the next boo) couldn't we take the **** with a few songs?

Are you scouts in disguise?

Perhaps to the tune of 'Go West' every time Van Dijk touches the ball

He's yours for 40 million quid

or

He'll be **** when he plays for you

Instead of booing ex players (the sheer number of them currently playing for Liverpool means you probably couldn't catch your breath before the next boo) couldn't we take the **** with a few songs?

Are you scouts in disguise?

Perhaps to the tune of 'Go West' every time Van Dijk touches the ball

He's yours for 40 million quid

or

He'll be **** when he plays for you

Agree, lets think of some really nasty ones that might actually affect them....

Lallana about his baby not being his.. (didn't his girlfriend, now wife, cheat on him whilst on a girls holiday)

Lovren about his wife having an affair with a lumberjack

Any suggestions?

How about just saving your energy for supporting your own team?

If it has a detrimental affect on opposition players, would you not say this is supporting your own team?

And how do you classify supporting your own team? I generally only miss 2 or 3 games a season (home and away), is this not supporting my team?

So disappointing to see so many Saints fans having so little faith in our team. It's true we have shown a weakness in that our front players find it hard to shoot on target but I think we can be sure that is being worked on at training. We are capable of winning this game and of defending solidly. It may well come down to who has the most luck.

lol....not as if that's a problem is it!

does make you wonder doesnt it.....

:scared: Liverpool have taken 22 points from the last 24 availible

:scared: We average a point (1.2) per game

:scared: Liverpool have scored 30 goals in the last 11 league games

:scared: We have socre 12

:scared: We just lost to Hull

:scared: They beat Hull 5-1

:scared: They improved the squad this summer

:scared: We did the opposite

:scared: The only thing we have on them is we beat Burnley, they didnt and we made a profit on transfers this summer and they had a net spend of £1 million!!

Not saying its impossible but they will need to play badly for us to win this

Man, I hope you're not wasting your money by actually attending this match, you won't enjoy it and will probably pìss off anyone within a 5 meter radius of you.....unless you'll be in the away end of course...

Man, I hope you're not wasting your money by actually attending this match, you won't enjoy it and will probably pìss off anyone within a 5 meter radius of you.....unless you'll be in the away end of course...

He rarely goes to games mate, spends all his time on here in various guises posting garbage

So do those on the match day thread

Me? season ticket and a few aways if and when

Haha probably right mate, appreciate I do rub some up the wrong way

But I'm saints through and through like you and just want the best for my club. Realise I do rant a bit

For the record I only have one username (this one) but did used to post under Glasgow and Bournemouth saints but closed those accounts

Hopefully we can be friends on here as people probably don't want to see us squabbling 24/7

Haha probably right mate, appreciate I do rub some up the wrong way

But I'm saints through and through like you and just want the best for my club. Realise I do rant a bit

For the record I only have one username (this one) but did used to post under Glasgow and Bournemouth saints but closed those accounts

Hopefully we can be friends on here as people probably don't want to see us squabbling 24/7

You have had so many you are forgetting Slugger and St Charlie :blush:

That will depend on you and the amount of s hit e you post ;)