Hampshire CCC 2017 Season

Weston Saint

Was a great little knock but without Afridi's 4 wickets we may have been in difficulty. Our innings seemed to get lost in the middle a bit, pretty good start, lost wickets quickly and then progressed in singles until McManus shook it up a bit.

It sounded as if it was a typical Cardiff track. Slow, not a lot on offer for batsmen unless they really force the issue (risky), and our lightning quick start was more due to wayward bowling than anything else (although obviously Vince still had to take advantage of those gifts). I don't quite know why they continue to prepare these sort of wickets, can't exactly be pulling in the punters...

It sounded as if it was a typical Cardiff track. Slow, not a lot on offer for batsmen unless they really force the issue (risky), and our lightning quick start was more due to wayward bowling than anything else (although obviously Vince still had to take advantage of those gifts). I don't quite know why they continue to prepare these sort of wickets, can't exactly be pulling in the punters...

Wagg thought they had a decent crowd on Friday but that they (Glamorgan) let the people down. They made up for it with a really big score at Arundel yesterday though. Still it's Arundel innit.

Good win after top batting from Vince, Roussow and Carbs. Crane and Abbott bowled beautifully the rest were dogsh1t especially Berg and Topley they got after Afridi but some Good catching saw us home.

Thanks to Briggs for dropping a dolly shame liked him at Hants but gone downhill since England games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good win after top batting from Vince, Roussow and Carbs. Crane and Abbott bowled beautifully the rest were dogsh1t especially Berg and Topley they got after Afridi but some Good catching saw us home.

Thanks to Briggs for dropping a dolly shame liked him at Hants but gone downhill since England games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have never seen him before but Berg looked like a sunday league bowler! There must be something about him but he lacked pace and guile. It was a surprise to me.

Crane has definitely got the xfactor and I think he may become a top player

I have never seen him before but Berg looked like a sunday league bowler! There must be something about him but he lacked pace and guile. It was a surprise to me.

Crane has definitely got the xfactor and I think he may become a top player

Berg has done pretty well since he's been with Hants. I'd not knock him for one T20 slogfest bowling jaunt if I were you. He often gets wickets when we most need them in all competitions. He's also pretty handy with the bat when we need some quick runs.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Good win and bigger margin than on paper due to Southee's knock. Hants innings looked like 200+ with Carbs fireworks. Subsided after Bailey departed but Middx lost wickets regularly, especially to Crane. Afridi's figures not as amazing as Crane but anything under 8 p/o in T20 is tidy.

Come down for Middx after late Finn win v Surrey in front of 27k at Lord's.

Big crowd expected for the T20 game on Sunday V's Surrey. I popped down to get a ticket on Tuesday and the guy behind the counter said it could well be a full house the way its going.

- Only weekend T20 game

- Only day game

- Hampshire top of the league and playing well

- KP playing for Surrey

- Family funday

Should be a good day

Very poor performance from Hants yesterday, hope it's just a one off blip. Batting dire apart from Alsop who got bogged down a bit as well. Bowling nowhere near tight enough considering the poor total Sussex had to make. When you're defending 126 you really can't have your lead bowlers giving away 12 an over, although we may have just written the game off after our innings.

Very poor performance from Hants yesterday, hope it's just a one off blip. Batting dire apart from Alsop who got bogged down a bit as well. Bowling nowhere near tight enough considering the poor total Sussex had to make. When you're defending 126 you really can't have your lead bowlers giving away 12 an over, although we may have just written the game off after our innings.

TBF Sussex bowled well and the lad Jofra Archer looks a real talent, but Vince, Alsop, Bailey and especially Ervine were all out for poor shots and given we were something like 30-4 we were never going to get going. Afridi just doesn't cut it anymore, Topley hasn't recovered from his injury and looks a shadow. Abbott didn't look threatening and only Crane looks to have that something.

Always 40 short...wonder why Carberry was missing missed him big time. Alsop did well up unto that attempted ramp.

TBF Sussex bowled well and the lad Jofra Archer looks a real talent, but Vince, Alsop, Bailey and especially Ervine were all out for poor shots and given we were something like 30-4 we were never going to get going. Afridi just doesn't cut it anymore, Topley hasn't recovered from his injury and looks a shadow. Abbott didn't look threatening and only Crane looks to have that something.

Always 40 short...wonder why Carberry was missing missed him big time. Alsop did well up unto that attempted ramp.

Yes, I listened in on Radio Sussex, don't know why it seemed to work better than Radio Solent. Their commentators seemed to be of the opinion that they bowled pretty well and couldn't quite decide if the pitch was helping them a bit, didn't seem to be the case when Hants bowled though. Briggs obviously thought he had something to prove and duly did. Still, hope we're in better nick against Essex later on, they too need a win, as did Sussex.

So, another catastrophy. Good job we won our first 3 games. From what I could deduce from the radio commentary it seems that the opposition have worked out that our tactic is to bat first and try to hit everything out of the ground. By a bit of variation in their bowling they either entice into mi**** shots or pin us down. Given that our bowlers just don't seem to be able to keep the run rate down, anything that leaves us with less than 160 or 170 is a winning performance.

Down at Taunton today, Hants bowling first for a change and what a catastrophic start it is. Somerset 34/0 off 2 thanks to a horror show over from Abbott which went for 25, mind you there were some no balls in it. He's just not a 1 day bowler is he. Good in the 4 day game but at T20 he's a liabilty.

Mind you all of our bowlers are getting thrashed today, we've tried 5 so far, one over each and Topley is looking the best of them having only gone for 9.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Down at Taunton today, Hants bowling first for a change and what a catastrophic start it is. Somerset 34/0 off 2 thanks to a horror show over from Abbott which went for 25, mind you there were some no balls in it. He's just not a 1 day bowler is he. Good in the 4 day game but at T20 he's a liabilty.

All sounds a bit "Gung-Ho" from Somerset. Don't they know any better?

Back to winning ways!!

We won by 24 runs D/L

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Indeed and despite the Abbott and Wood horror show again. Must be tough being a fast-medium bowler in T20 it seems.

Think we'd have got their total quite easily anyway, good start, Rossouw was still going well and Dawson adds a bit of solidity at 5.

What an absolute shambles this team is becoming. Wipe the slate start again. It's just a mess of Kolpacks, ageing has beens and young players who can't get a regular run. Tripe.

A bit OTT.

We currently sit 4th with what, 5 games to play? and have looked pretty good in the longer form of the game (look at last year, that was tripe).

Still haven't figured out exactly how we could lose on Tuesday, couldn't listen, family funeral trip, looked in on my mobile, needed 48 off 41 balls with 8 wickets in hand, had been scoring at nigh on 10 an over and then when I looked later we lost by 5 runs.

Young English players (including England's premier test spinner) couldn't hit the ball off the square.

Dawson & Afridi left out, so there's probably been some tear-up behind the scenes. Anyway I'm confident we are going to tear Middles a new one. Lets do this!

Afridi injured and Dawson back with England in preparation for the Test tomorrow. Decent win puts us back into contention for QF's

Wheater was fairly lucky, he got away with a lot of edges and it was no surprise when he dragged one on. He did take a shine to Dawson's first over though and the intent shown by the openers was probably the difference. I didn't think we were urgent enough through the middle overs. After Roussow got injured, Bailey was quite quiet and Ervine seemed content to nurdle it around. What's happened to him? We really missed some impetus from Carberry, especially after Vince got a first baller.

Foster showed himself up as a massive bellwhiff. Not only did he seem to get away with a caught behind, he had the mother of all strops, presumably about the innings not being concluded in time. This despite using every delaying tactic in the book.

Like tho look of the balance of the bowling line up today. Pace, Seam and two spinners, looks good!

looks like it worked well, Lancs 149 all out, wouldn't get overexcited though, we'll probably make 55, on the other hand we might make 550. Suppose Dawson and Adams will open today.