Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hampshire CCC 2017 Season

Tough going today seemingly.

Not a bad day all in all after a bit of a sticky start. 351/8 at Stumps, that's our first 4 batting points of the season is it not ?
    Good knock from Bailey, solid support from others and a bit of an Abbott blast to wake up the crowd towards the end. Could make 400 if Abbott hangs around for say 15 overs tomorrow.

Looking to be in a bit of difficulty today, just can't get a breakthrough so far. Game should go to a draw though which is a fair result for Hants at Old Trafford.

4. Default

2nd over of the day. 1st ball Vilas dropped at slip (not easy) off Taylor. Next ball dropped at mid on by Carberry (easier).

Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    2nd over of the day. 1st ball Vilas dropped at slip (not easy) off Taylor. Next ball dropped at mid on by Carberry (easier).
    Really, annoying that then. In fact really annoying. Lancs are scoring quite quickly now off all of our bowlers and could easily be 250 or so ahead by stumps today. That might not be so good for us tomorrow given the seeming fragility of our openers.
    Last edited by Window Cleaner; 21-06-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Blog Entries

3/2 second dig, Roussow fails again (first ball) - real shame that he is getting in ahead of Alsop given his current form

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    3/2 second dig, Roussow fails again (first ball) - real shame that he is getting in ahead of Alsop given his current form
    And there was I thinking up until mid-afternoon that a draw was pretty certain. Still we've got points on the board already and Yorks have already lost and Warks aren't looking great, should finish at least mid-table. Rossouw is having to bat in the first few overs every time because our openers are a bit fragile. If one bats well you can count on the other one getting out fr not many.
    Problem definitely needs adressing for next season, 2 fresh openers. Not even that, both openers gone and we're 15/3.
    Last edited by Window Cleaner; 21-06-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Just don't understand it, we really struggled to get Lancs out with one of our bowlers conceding 180 runs off of 40 overs and now we're 26/4.
    WTF has happened here.

PS Any rain about...

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Just don't understand it, we really struggled to get Lancs out with one of our bowlers conceding 180 runs off of 40 overs and now we're 26/4.
    WTF has happened here.

PS Any rain about...
    Yes rain prevented play as Hampshire started their innings

Anderson is a great bowler in these conditions I expect it is muggy and the ball is swinging

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Yes rain prevented play as Hampshire started their innings

Anderson is a great bowler in these conditions I expect it is muggy and the ball is swinging
    Well we obviously need more rain and less muggy conditions then.

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Well we obviously need more rain and less muggy conditions then.
    Forecast for the morning suggests overcast and humid, so put money on an inning defeat by lunchtime.
    The only saving grace for me is that being Lancs v Hants this is my 'cannot lose' game.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Forecast for the morning suggests overcast and humid, so put money on an inning defeat by lunchtime.
    The only saving grace for me is that being Lancs v Hants this is my 'cannot lose' game.
    Haven't lost yet but we surely will, that collapse to 50/5 or whatever yesterday afty will cost us 5 points, pity.
    Oops, spoke too soon, all out 30 short of making them bat again.
    Last edited by Window Cleaner; 22-06-2017 at 02:04 PM.