That goal

thorpie the sinner

When Roy of the Rovers stepped out of the comic book into reality. A very happy memory.

Mid week, 4 hour time difference, we did well to have about 6 of us DubaiSaints in our bar. All the other goals were quietly cheered,

but the sheer roar of glee that went up from us and madcap dancing in celebration took the whole place (and ourselves).

Completely spontaneous and heartfelt!! I've never ever celebrated a goal not involving Southampton with such joy!!

Wonderful. The talisman we so desperately needed and a natural successor to Le God.

I enjoyed the goal as much as all of you but his post match interview makes me well up a little when he runs through the dedications at the end. I swear when he says "and Southampton Football Club" at the end it gets me every time.

#PRIDE

Wonderful. The talisman we so desperately needed and a natural successor to Le God.

I enjoyed the goal as much as all of you but his post match interview makes me well up a little when he runs through the dedications at the end. I swear when he says "and Southampton Football Club" at the end it gets me every time.

#PRIDE

What a man! Right up there with MLT for me. Like everyone else, I've never celebrated an England goal so much and I probably never will.