2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

We had this for our 125th Anniversary.

Many would like a return.

Personally I'd stay with the Rank Xerox for a few seasons, albeit with some variation if must, and leave the sash to our 150th year. Whether I'm still breathing and around to see it is another matter.

We had this for our 125th Anniversary.

Yeah no ****, that was designed to have a retro feel though where as the little bits of gold on the Peru shirt and that bit of red on the colour make it very modern but with some retro class

I'd actually love for us to make the switch to the sash permanently. Give us more of a unique look/identity.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Couldn’t agree more - love the sash and it’s uniqeness

Under Armour kits have been woeful and so has all their additional clobber, i highly suspect there has beeen a massive drop in sales from adidas.

UA supplied Spurs and Villa and both have had kits designed with far more 'detail' than what we've got in two years.

Whoever is responsible for merchandise at SFC should be calling the shots, far more clearly as other clubs have done.

I dont understand the clamour for this sash kit it worked ok for the 125yrs esp with no sponsor and historically 'Southampton FC' have never worn that kit.

I dont understand the clamour for this sash kit it worked ok for the 125yrs esp with no sponsor and historically 'Southampton FC' have never worn that kit.

Playing Devil's advocate...

tenor.gif

1) it is tasteful

2) it is unique in English professional football and sets us apart from Stoke, Sunderland, Sheff Utd, Exeter, Brentford etc

3) you can't get more traditional than your first ever kit

historically 'Southampton FC' have never worn that kit

So what? Do you not think the club was formed in 1885?

Under Armour kits have been woeful and so has all their additional clobber, i highly suspect there has beeen a massive drop in sales from adidas.

UA supplied Spurs and Villa and both have had kits designed with far more 'detail' than what we've got in two years.

Whoever is responsible for merchandise at SFC should be calling the shots, far more clearly as other clubs have done.

Really? The adidas kits were pretty generic and boring, I'd say the two UA kits have been quite unique.

Playing Devil's advocate...

tenor.gif

1) it is tasteful

2) it is unique in English professional football and sets us apart from Stoke, Sunderland, Sheff Utd, Exeter, Brentford etc

3) you can't get more traditional than your first ever kit

So what? Do you not think the club was formed in 1885?

Technically I think he is correct. Pretty sure the club was formed as Southampton St Mary’s and only became Southampton FC several years later. Unlike you not to know that!