2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Found this interesting but I thought no manager had access to our black box?

Seems like Koeman is stealing our transfer targets too.

... their flaxen coiffured ringleader holds up an electronic device (possibly representing Southampton's fabled 'black box', a method the club use for recruitment) and declares: “Finally it is ours. This isn't just about shirt designs my friends, this holds the secrets behind Southampton's famous academy – tactics, transfers, all their future plans.

“This is great work gentlemen. With this the Southampton way can now be our way too.”

Found this interesting but I thought no manager had access to our black box?

Seems like Koeman is stealing our transfer targets too.

... their flaxen coiffured ringleader holds up an electronic device (possibly representing Southampton's fabled 'black box', a method the club use for recruitment) and declares: “Finally it is ours. This isn't just about shirt designs my friends, this holds the secrets behind Southampton's famous academy – tactics, transfers, all their future plans.

“This is great work gentlemen. With this the Southampton way can now be our way too.”

It's a cartoon.

Absolutely love it, can't believe it's taken so long to reproduce what I think is our best ever kit.

Appreciate its a matter of opinions, and some feel that our traditional stripes are the only right way to go, but I've always found it does nothing to stand out from the stokes, sunderlands, Sheffield utds or even brentfords of this world.

IMHO we always look better doing something slightly different - the sash, the Hummel shirt, the original of this, even the admiral stripes of the 70s, all were classics versus the humdrum of basic stripes.

I haven't bought a shirt since the 1990s when I was young enough to bother, I will definitely be buying this. I suspect this will be by far and away our biggest selling shirt to date.

How could they get it all so wrong? Crappy home shirt and irrelevant away shirt. So much for us being a 'forward' looking club if the best we can do is dig out the old mid 80's penguin suit design and tout it as new. Why can't we stick to red & white stripes.

You're very much on your own with that view!

The replicas are not the same fit (or even the same material) as the matchworns.

Thanks. I've always bought the home shirt but didn't last year because they were tailored for athletics and not beer drinking, kebab eating fatties.

They do look the business this year so will definitely invest. My daughter loves the away shirt so we'd best make an effort to get to more away games this year. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Love it. A shirt for all seasons. Winter it'll look amazing over my hooded top with Ill fitting boot cut jeans about 3 inches too long crunched up at the ankle over my crap trainers. Summer it'll nicely frame my pot belly, worn with awesome 3/4 length shorts. Can't wait to wear it whilst I'm stand in pubs, gut hanging out, singing generic football songs at the TV. Well done saints, I'll definitely get my £50s worth.

Love it. A shirt for all seasons. Winter it'll look amazing over my hooded top with Ill fitting boot cut jeans about 3 inches too long crunched up at the ankle over my crap trainers. Summer it'll nicely frame my pot belly, worn with awesome 3/4 length shorts. Can't wait to wear it whilst I'm stand in pubs, gut hanging out, singing generic football songs at the TV. Well done saints, I'll definitely get my £50s worth.

Where's your foam hand and vuvuzela?

You're just another plastic.

How could they get it all so wrong? Crappy home shirt and irrelevant away shirt. So much for us being a 'forward' looking club if the best we can do is dig out the old mid 80's penguin suit design and tout it as new. Why can't we stick to red & white stripes.

1.6/10

Turkish does the best trolling on this website, you should aspire to be like him more.

Absolutely love it, can't believe it's taken so long to reproduce what I think is our best ever kit.

Appreciate its a matter of opinions, and some feel that our traditional stripes are the only right way to go, but I've always found it does nothing to stand out from the stokes, sunderlands, Sheffield utds or even brentfords of this world.

IMHO we always look better doing something slightly different - the sash, the Hummel shirt, the original of this, even the admiral stripes of the 70s, all were classics versus the humdrum of basic stripes.

I haven't bought a shirt since the 1990s when I was young enough to bother, I will definitely be buying this. I suspect this will be by far and away our biggest selling shirt to date.

I'll second all of that. Beautiful shirt.

1.6/10

Turkish does the best trolling on this website, you should aspire to be like him more.

Really? I mean, I agree with the 1.6/10 remark, but I, like many, have always found Turkish to be a bit of a kn0b.

Really? I mean, I agree with the 1.6/10 remark, but I, like many, have always found Turkish to be a bit of a kn0b.

He is, but he's "our" knob.

This +1 (except I did buy the sash).

White shorts would have improved the away kit. But overall am pleased. Think the away looks better on the hook/hanger than on the players, but in general I think away kits can be a bit more experimental.

I am a fan of stripes and wouldn't want us to stay away from them too long, but this home shirt is the one that makes it acceptable. Love it, especially with the white socks.

Should a sixty year old man really wear a replica saints shirt...?

I personally think a whole crowd of people all wearing the same colour adds to the atmosphere. Gives a sense of commonality, almost like a uniform. I know we'll never get close to the yellow wall but still...

borussia-dortmund_426735.jpg

As with the sash, the only people moaning about "Saints wearing stripes" are just wrong. Both the sash and this are legitimate retro versions of shirts the club has worn. They're still not having that all red adidas thing though. ;)

Should a sixty year old man really wear a replica saints shirt...?

I'm unlikely to grow out of it in the next 16 years but you never know, if everyone follows Nike's path there will be literally no difference in shirts year on year by then.

FWIW I spent £160 on numerous items of training, leisurewear and goalkeeper stuff today, buying things that would have cost more than £600 if I'd bought them at launch. Figured that with 6 more years of Under Armour I don't have to worry about the branding getting outdated for a good while yet.

Took a few kit photos in the shop too. The away is definitely black not navy.

Think we are keeping the white kit for another season.

Even though it clashes with the home shirt, it doesn't clash with Newcastle or Bournemouth so seems to make sense. Hopefully they'll sneak out an actual launch this time with plenty of time to sell it, too.

It won't clash with Brighton or West Brom as mentioned above though, they've both got blue backs and the red will be different enough. Huddersfield won't clash with the black away either.

The9, I want mine to be figure huggingso it expresses my curves. What shirt shall I go for?

How about a nice floral number?

They look to be the same kind of fit as last season but don't hold me to that. And if you REALLY want a figure hugger, get yourself a matchworn.

As with the sash, the only people moaning about "Saints wearing stripes" are just wrong. Both the sash and this are legitimate retro versions of shirts the club has worn. They're still not having that all red adidas thing though. ;)

That was just awful - clearly 1980s Liverpool. Whereas this is 1980s saints through and through. The club have listened and will reap the financial rewards IMHO.

Would that still not clash with Newcastle though...

Depends what they do with the back of their shirts - if they go with a white panel we'd wear black, if they go with a black panel we could wear the home shirt or an alternate kit. Don't know what they're going to do because the only back of the shirt shot shown so far has stripes, which (apparently) they're not allowed.