2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

I doubt I have ever said anything positive on a kit thread, and perhaps I shouldn't start now, but the front view of the 1/4 zip burgundy tracksuit actually looks alright to me, even with the monochrome red badge. However, if it has the two-tone stripes and `Saints' embossed on the back (as per the black full zip version) then I can return to my normal negative posting style.

Perhaps its just the burgundy-red colour combination that I quite like. Obviously I still wouldn't buy any of these items.

I doubt I have ever said anything positive on a kit thread, and perhaps I shouldn't start now, but the front view of the 1/4 zip burgundy tracksuit actually looks alright to me, even with the monochrome red badge. However, if it has the two-tone stripes and `Saints' embossed on the back (as per the black full zip version) then I can return to my normal negative posting style.

AN5A7066%20WEB.jpgAN5A7067%20WEB.jpg

It's not particularly difficult to see that the items where the badge background and outline is the same as the rest of the shirt look miles better than the ones with the red background on other colours. Makes you wonder why no-one mentioned it during the design phase. The red training top looks sort of ok, because the badge blends in, the maroon 1/4 zip is passable for the same reason. The rest of them are basically vile.

Very pleased I went out and hoovered up a load of last season's stuff a couple of weeks ago at 75% off, now - I'm actually going to have the chance to wear it.

Training kit actually looks a lot nicer on - though the red tees are the one without a glaringly ugly contrasting badge to begin with... Bloody loving those alternate socks though, hopefully we'll have suckered SportsDirect into selling those as the home socks again this year... :D

DDfWx9nXkAAMpvx.jpg

Can you still get your season ticket discount even though we haven't received them yet?

Yep, they'll run it against your customer number. Might even be able to use the 2016/17 card if you have it. They've also automatically put the discount on the items online for you, but I don't trust the sizing (yet).

Not sure they've got any in stock yet. I'll have a look later when I go down there if I remember.

Cheers mate I'm going down later anyway so not to worry. On twitter they are saying they are out and will be online today at some point.

My son's two shirts arrived this morning (home and away). They are size medium and seem a smidgen larger than last season, but that might just be because they haven't been mangled by the washing machine yet.

On a similar note, if I come back saying they're tighter than last season, please note that I am in the process of developing post-everything fatness. :)

For the lolz, I shall also be attempting to return one of last season's shirts and a pair of purple keeper shorts purchased in the past two weeks. Can't wait to see the size of the queue and their response to trying to return label-on out of date stock. I don't even know how two pairs of different sized keeper shorts ended up in my bag. :D

Ok, so I've been, bought the home and away shirts. I've bought Large this season rather than XL, but I would say the difference from last year is very small and either would have been fine.

Basically I think the shape of the "bra" on last year's shirts made the shoulders fit uncomfortably on me previously, so I bought XL last year for comfort, whilst this year's retro look both demands a more 80s fit (see Benali/Le Tiss for evidence) and doesn't sit weirdly, so I've gone with the smaller size, even though I reckon I'm fatter. :)

Despite buying a different size this season I don't think the difference in the sizes is significant, and what you bought last year will fit - but then if you've ordered online you probably already know that.

Also managed to get a full refund of last season's stuff as purchased 13 days ago.

If you want ST discount, try and dig out your email from the club to prove you have 2017/18 Season Ticket before you go, it took ages looking for it, they DIDN'T accept 2016/17 even though we're renewals, and they looked it up from the postcode, rather than customer number. :o

Edited by The9

£40 for a training tee shirt? They can fu_ck right off with those prices.

Last year's ones were *nearly* worth it, and similar prices to the equivalent UA training tees. This year's are U-G-L-EEE ugly, I'm not entirely sure they're also not more expensive (though I may have just forgotten my ST discount) and I probably won't even bother to get them when they drop the prices in the spring. Luckily the masses of people who'll be buying the home kit this season will make up for it.

The home toddler and infant kits are £40. Away and keeper kits won't be done in those sizes.

Oops, forgot to post about that earlier. They're hanging on the racks right in front of the door as you go in too. :o

What's the sizing like on the new home shirt? I need to order one online for my 11 year old and I wondered if the sizing is similar to last season's?

My feeling is that it is a little less tailored or snug this year. I got XL last year but L this year is fine. Hope that helps.

My feeling is that it is a little less tailored or snug this year. I got XL last year but L this year is fine. Hope that helps.

Pretty much agree, I've done the same though I don't think there's much difference other than the shape of the shoulder area.

Do all SportsDirect's sell them, or just a small number of shops in the Southampton area? Anywhere near south London likely?

Gatwick South terminal JD Sports have had them the last couple of years too. SportsDirect was only something like Southampton, Whiteley and Eastleigh last year, I think. That doesn't mean it won't be more widely available this season though. Kitbag, SportsDirect and others have it online too.

• 2 weeks later...