2017-18 Kit Thread

The9

Think I'm going to have to concede that it's black and teal and not dark navy and light blue in any light. :(

Still, home kit is excellent and will sell a shed load, including to me on launch day. If I have a criticism it's that they left off the white side panels which take it from being red with a broad white stripe to being arguably "striped".

Away kit is still just weird to me. Will pick it up from SportsDirect when they reduce it and get the rest of it in April.

No idea what the "negative" kit is meant to show, the reverse of the home kit isn't the same colour as the home kit or even the same way around as the classic away, and the colours of the away aren't really the same as the colours of the home either. I guess it sort of works as a concept, ish, or would have if they'd chosen the same patterns for home and away. But then change kits are supposed to not mix with your opponents, not diametrically oppose themselves.

Edited by The9

Still no blue shorts on the home kit? Disappointed, can't wait for us to go back to our traditional short colour.

No point doing it this season when we're retroing a kit which had black shorts. Doubt we'll do it next year when we probably go back to traditional stripes, so I think 2019/20 is your first chance.

Preorders brought forward 2 hours for those who really can't wait, lots of images on the OS now, shirt is £50, there are women's fits in both home and away this year.

Preorders come with a cartoon poster and free P&P in the UK. Suspect the club will be holding back on squad numbers again and costing themselves revenue as everyone who has ever considered shirt numbers will want the new ones but won't want to get burned with player sales.

No idea if the fit is the same as last season but you'd hope so. I still think it's a pointless risk not to try it on before buying though.

Home kit is top class, my only complaint is the collar, would have preferred it was black, or was a proper collar like the Keegan shirt.

Those away collars in the same design would have been nice too, any chance some He could do a mock up of that?

Have been following this kit launch despite being in Argentina currently and enduring a 20 hour bus journey. Have to say, think these are the best 2 kits we've had in many, many years. Like many, cannot justify the spend (have only just bought last seasons kit at £15 while away) so will wait for reductions. Kudos yet again to the Saints Marketing team that have turned a boring kit launch into something much more fun, inventive and clever, showing a sense of humour missing in many places. This is one area that we have excelled - I still chuckle at 'Sorry mate, thought you were Phil Tuffnell' - absolute genius. If only we had award winning pies and a radio station! ;-)