Saints 0-0 Liverpool - Reactions

Dalek2003

MotM vs Liverpool (Home 2016/17)  

243 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (Home 2016/17)

Great character to get a draw, but we really are blunt up front. Desperately need a new striker. Any idea who ?

A top striker so Austin only needs to start against the teams that sit back would be good. Great point but only one team were ever gonna win that game, Redmond was awful last 30 mins other than that most played very well.

A top striker so Austin only needs to start against the teams that sit back would be good. Great point but only one team were ever gonna win that game, Redmond was awful last 30 mins other than that most played very well.

Sounds about right. Whether the Board are up for a new striker is another question. Will be a reflection of our ambition.

Good performance, did what we needed to do. All the defenders played well, including Rom and PEH. Reed and J-Rod both looked bright when they came on, as did Long. Redmond had a shocker from where I was sitting! I'd have taken him off for Long instead of Boufal.

Another tough one against the dugout boys next time around, but I agree our lack of scoring is beginning to worry me. Not on the the basis of that game, as we did what we needed to do, but in general.

The fact we need to celebrate a HOME draw with Liverpool :?

Another game with serious questions about our attacking play

Better than losing! You'd be slagging Puel and the players if we'd been beaten by the Premier League leaders I have no doubt

Better than losing! You'd be slagging Puel and the players if we'd been beaten by the Premier League leaders I have no doubt

Some people are never happy. If a surgeon performed life saving heart surgery on his wife, he'd be complaining that he didn't give her a boob job as well.

If you're under the cosh for 90 minutes it doesn't matter who's up front.

Plus if kat is thinking of selling then I doubt she'll want to spend big on a January striker.

In which case, IF it is true, it is important to sell to the RIGHT outfit asap. If not, then we could be in for a long and dull season. Having said that, if we stay clear of relegation it will still be OK.

Thought we both defended very well and rode our luck

Liverpool are a different beast to the side of last season and a 0-0 (after a couple of defeats) is a very decent result

VvD my MoM

Rom was good

Cedric was good

Fonte was good

Thought redmond and boufal were OK

Austin offered little up front and barely held the ball up.

but decent result IMO

We should perhaps remind ourselves that Liverpool put 6 past Watford last time out and put 4 past Palace at Selhurst prior to that. I'd have taken the point at 3pm. We did extremely well to contain them even if our attack wasn't at the races today.

People are very happy with the result today. But, they are making a valid comment about our general scoring ability this season.

Shout out for Forster today...very solid and some good saves. VVD immense as normal. Cedric very good after a long lay off. Very pleased with that, a point against the league leaders is nt to be sniffed at. Thought Puel got his tactics spot on.....go for Liverpool and I think we would have lost.

People are very happy with the result today. But, they are making a valid comment about our general scoring ability this season.

I'm not denying that. I'm simply giving a context to today's game which, viewed on its own merits, shows we did very well. Am I concerned about our scoring rate generally? Yes, a little. But we could have gone for it today, scored 2 and left ourselves exposed and then conceded 3 or 4 against a very good side. We need to score more, agreed; but that doesn't diminish this result.

The positives

- it's a point

- Liverpool are a good side

- VVD

- Romeu

The negatives

:( zero shots on target at home

:( we need to celebrate a draw at home as Liverpool have been allowed to push forward while we have gone backwards

:( we are below AFCB in the league

:( one win in the league since end of September

:( scored 8 goals in our last 10 games (3 were against Burnley)

I'm not denying that. I'm simply giving a context to today's game which, viewed on its own merits, shows we did very well. Am I concerned about our scoring rate generally? Yes, a little. But we could have gone for it today, scored 2 and left ourselves exposed and then conceded 3 or 4 against a very good side. We need to score more, agreed; but that doesn't diminish this result.

Agreed.

The positives

- it's a point

- Liverpool are a good side

- VVD

- Romeu

The negatives

:( zero shots on target at home

:( we need to celebrate a draw at home as Liverpool have been allowed to push forward while we have gone backwards

:( we are below AFCB in the league

:( one win in the league since end of September

:( scored 8 goals in our last 10 games (3 were against Burnley)

We are 'mid' table at the moment. 10th would be a great final position. The real disappointment was not beating Hull.

We are 'mid' table at the moment. 10th would be a great final position. The real disappointment was not beating Hull.

I think we have done OK especially as we have been involved in Europe and the League Cup and had a few injuries to attacking players

Very good result. If we'd have gone for it we'd have got well beat. Gives a few on here another week to bemoan lack of goals, no Mane, Pelle etc. We need to show more against Everton though and get three points

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Straw man. It wasn't about going for it; but showing a bit more intent where space opened up -and at least retaining possession. Our midfield never got a foothold in the game.

Very good result. If we'd have gone for it we'd have got well beat. Gives a few on here another week to bemoan lack of goals, no Mane, Pelle etc. We need to show more against Everton though and get three points

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree with this. The Hull game was a downer. A win next win and all will be well.

Battered 0-0 really. Liverpool as good as anyone I've seen at SMS in the last couple of season, as much for their attitude and agility than anything else.

We did what we had to but were zero threat. Having scored from open play in just 4 of 12 league games we are doing well to be 10th.

Cedric, VVD and Forster our best performers today.