Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg - so far

Heisenberg

Started the season so well and won the player of the month award but seems to have been downhill ever since?

Poor game again today imo and just wandering if he's better than we had in JWP and Reed/Davis?

Young guy and "guaranteed to improve" etc but not been overly impressed so far

Thoughts on him?

Started the season so well and won the player of the month award but seems to have been downhill ever since?

Poor game again today imo and just wandering if he's better than we had in JWP and Reed/Davis?

Young guy and "guaranteed to improve" etc but not been overly impressed so far

Thoughts on him?

0.5/10

You need to change your username again mate, this one is wearing a bit thin, looking forward to the next character though.

You do you, I'll do me

I'll keep posting about Saints and you keep posting about me and other posters :?

Your thoughts on Pierre so far? Be great to hear something Saints related from you

You do you, I'll do me

I'll keep posting about Saints and you keep posting about me and other posters :?

Your thoughts on Pierre so far? Be great to hear something Saints related from you

Pierre could be your latest forum username. That would be a twist, you could pretend to be French or something.

Funny as Dave Merrington give him mom, although I agree with rotation from Claude sometimes you need to form a partnership like morgan/vic and I feel he's sufferering from a) not getting prolonged run and b) not having forged an understanding with probably Romeu

Completely agree with the continuity aspect and yes if you look at our best players last season and even this they are regulars and not part of a rotation

Would you stick with Pierre just now over a prolonged run for JWP though?

Good point made on a thread somewhere else - first 12 games we have played United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Leicester. Out of the next 12 games we only have Spurs and Leicester again from the "top" teams, so lets see how we have performed over that stretch as well.

Good point made on a thread somewhere else - first 12 games we have played United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Leicester. Out of the next 12 games we only have Spurs and Leicester again from the "top" teams, so lets see how we have performed over that stretch as well.

How did we do against Sunderland, Hull and Watford?

Incidentally Pierre played some part in Sunderland and Watford games but we can't and won't blame him for the Hull performance as he spent 90 minutes on the bench

How did we do against Sunderland, Hull and Watford?

Incidentally Pierre played some part in Sunderland and Watford games but we can't and won't blame him for the Hull performance as he spent 90 minutes on the bench

Sunderland and Watford were before we really clicked, Hull was a terrible, terrible choice by either the manager or the players to try and coast the game at 1-0.

My point is our position is skewed because of a large percentage of games against top teams who are much, much better than last season. Once we have played more of the lower/struggling teams - looking at Swansea, Everton, West Brom, Boro, Palace - we could very well be up near the top 6 again.

Sunderland and Watford were before we really clicked, Hull was a terrible, terrible choice by either the manager or the players to try and coast the game at 1-0.

My point is our position is skewed because of a large percentage of games against top teams who are much, much better than last season. Once we have played more of the lower/struggling teams - looking at Swansea, Everton, West Brom, Boro, Palace - we could very well be up near the top 6 again.

I agree Geoff. if you take out the games against the top teams, arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Man City, the games before we clicked, Sunderland, Watford and of course hull which was bad due to the manager and players we've done quite well in the other 3 games, so our points are skewed.

I agree Geoff. if you take out the games against the top teams, arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Man City, the games before we clicked, Sunderland, Watford and of course hull which was bad due to the manager and players we've done quite well in the other 3 games, so our points are skewed.

:lol:

You do you, I'll do me

Congratulations a great reply to the many idiots on here with nothing to say except critism of other posters.

Have an opinion of your own or get of here!

Great player, first season in English football and just 21-years-old playing in one of the toughest leagues and is in my opinion better than Davis and more athletic and technically able than Romeu.

Has fantastic energy, a burst of pace, can spot a pass, good technique, just lacks a bit of strength in the tackle and should shoot more - but he will be BETTER than Morgan.

Honestly he's got the potential to be sold for around £30m in a couple of seasons.

Don't understand the negativity.

Congratulations a great reply to the many idiots on here with nothing to say except critism of other posters.

Have an opinion of your own or get of here!

Why don't you say something about Hojberg instead of going on about other posters? Have an opinion FFS

Great player, first season in English football and just 21-years-old playing in one of the toughest leagues and is in my opinion better than Davis and more athletic and technically able than Romeu.

Has fantastic energy, a burst of pace, can spot a pass, good technique, just lacks a bit of strength in the tackle and should shoot more - but he will be BETTER than Morgan.

Honestly he's got the potential to be sold for around £30m in a couple of seasons.

Don't understand the negativity.

I agree - he is a tremendous box-to-box midfield prospect. With Davis starting to wane; JWP treading water at best and Harry Reed still trying to establish himself, Hojbjerg is the partner for Romeu for the immediate future.

I agree - he is a tremendous box-to-box midfield prospect. With Davis starting to wane; JWP treading water at best and Harry Reed still trying to establish himself, Hojbjerg is the partner for Romeu for the immediate future.

But we tend to play with just one holding DM now, and that's Romeu. It may be that this is the best position for Hojbjerg too, but he's not good enough there yet, do needs to be used in the middle positions alongside JWP, Davis or Clasie, and his preferred partner seems to be JWP. I think yesterday was the first time he's started with Davis, so that may be relevant. I do think the regular pairings have a better understanding.

I think Claude will revert as soon as JWP recovers.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

But we tend to play with just one holding DM now, and that's Romeu. It may be that this is the best position for Hojbjerg too, but he's not good enough there yet, do needs to be used in the middle positions alongside JWP, Davis or Clasie, and his preferred partner seems to be JWP. I think yesterday was the first time he's started with Davis, so that may be relevant. I do think the regular pairings have a better understanding.

I think Claude will revert as soon as JWP recovers.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I think Hojbjerg can assume the role that Davis has been playing well for 3 or so seasons - shuttling forward, picking out a pass and putting himself into the goal scoring frame occasionally as well as covering defensively and hassling opposition midfields. Claude may revert to JWP but he should not - Hojbjerg has much more to his game already, and will improve with games and Prem experience.

Hojberg is already a better option than JWP, with the only part missing from his game being goal threat. I do believe some consistency in selection and partnering would help him, but at 21 I doubt he could start every game and keep the intensity in his game so he needs to be rested for cup/Europa games perhaps.

I think it's difficult for CMs to really look exceptional in this system as they're both asked to simply move the ball on to the front three. We've seen Hojberg shoot from distance with some accuracy...i'd like to see more of him bursting into the box/shooting from just outside.