Interest in Daniel Sturridge?

SaintMark211

Would take in a heartbeat. Wages would be the issue plus the fact he has West Ham written all over him.

Agree.

Look at West ham though... may the temptation of potential Europa League knock out stages be a tempter from our perspective?

WHAM aren't the best this season and I cannot see improvement by them imminently with Man U and Saturday and some tougher fixtures to come.

Noticed this morning that we are interested in Daniel Sturridge on loan in January with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

Thoughts?

I'd quite welcome this actually. At first I was like 'nah'... but thinking about it - there are worse strikers out there we could bring in!

I doubt WE are interested, more like a tabloid newspaper has decided to make up a story based on the fact that we need goals and he needs games. I'd welcome him though, I think it could work.

If he continues with that ridiculous goal celebration then no.

I really really dislike him, and not just for that reason. He sulks, he's arrogant, he's constantly injured, and hugely overrated. Regardless, the 25mil we are rumoured to be lining up to pay after a loan deal in jan will never happen. Totally against our business model and I'd rather take a punt at 2 x younger foreign strikers.

My phone news feed is full of this story this morning.

The guy is a talent and scores goals. I think his record at Liverpool is close to one goal every two games from that point of view we'd be mad not to go for it. I first I thought it didn't look like a saints type signing but it could work like it did with Betrand or Romeu.

The flip side of the coin is his injury record is awful he has only managed more than 15 league gamed once in five seasons at Liverpool ( though his first season wasn't a full season at pool)

If we could keep him fit he could well be a signing to take us up a level on the other hand he could just be the most expensive sick note in the clubs history.

Assuming there is legs to this story the club have a big gamble on their hands.

No thanks.

Absolute tool which outweighs his obvious talent

Why? Isn't he a do gooder church goe who does a load of charity work? That might be some people's idea of a tool but it's not exactly Osvaldo levels is it.

When the commentator in the England game said Liverpool may look to offload him, I did wonder if he could be an option for us. I'd take him in a heart beat. Exactly what we need IMO.

He was awesome alongside Suarez but since then he's had a lot of injuries and has managed 13 league goals in the last 2.5 years. Plus he will come with big wage demands, a bill big b*llocks attitude and every time I see that stupid goal celebration I want to correct his sh*te haircut with a cricket bat.

He was awesome alongside Suarez but since then he's had a lot of injuries and has managed 13 league goals in the last 2.5 years. Plus he will come with big wage demands, a bill big b*llocks attitude and every time I see that stupid goal celebration I want to correct his sh*te haircut with a cricket bat.

Only because he's done it several times against us.

If he were to sign and score an important goal for us, you can guarantee that you, along with every other fuk wit on here, will be going ape.

I guess that the point of the loan, see if his attitude is as bad as the reports, you could say the same for Bertrand before he joined us, he fitted in fine

I really really dislike him, and not just for that reason. He sulks, he's arrogant, he's constantly injured, and hugely overrated. Regardless, the 25mil we are rumoured to be lining up to pay after a loan deal in jan will never happen. Totally against our business model and I'd rather take a punt at 2 x younger foreign strikers.

Heart and prejudice ruling common sense, Jai. We need goals now, and by January our goal drought could be critical. It needs to be sorted.

Leave it till January and loan striker options could all be taken by other clubs.

There is no way we will pay 25 million regardless of how many goals he could score .

If he was 4 million and 30k a week we would do it though

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Maybe Reed is ready to spend some of the £50 million transfer profit we've picked up over the last 3 years?

Yeah or maybe not ehh :?

If he can help us get top 8, win a cup and progress in Europe which I think he would then why not get him on loan? Who cares about his celebration if he puts the ball in the net for us no one will.

Probably a completely fabricated rumour though.

What we really need though is a Lukaku type striker who can do it all, Rondon for West Brom is the type of striker we need to get in if we're being picky

Maybe Reed is ready to spend some of the £50 million transfer profit we've picked up over the last 3 years?

Yeah or maybe not ehh :?

There is a snowflakes chance in hell of us spending that big on someone with a poor history of injuries and zero resale .

Although if Koeman can't improve him ....oh wait .

Has anyone actually improved under Puel anyway ? Other than Cuco ?

Living up to your user name. Tomorrow we're going to seal our place in the knock out round of the Europa League, then we're going to beat Everton, followed by booking our place in the Semi finals of the cup.

We have been very average so far this season and everyone who watches us regularly knows it

Do you not think McQueen & Romeu have gone up a level compared to last season? I think Yoshida looks better under Puel as well.

Romeu is improving from actually playing consistently .

Mcqueen we never saw before so impossible to judge . Puel gave him a chance yes but its tough to attribute any improvement to him

Romeu is improving from actually playing consistently .

Mcqueen we never saw before so impossible to judge . Puel gave him a chance yes but its tough to attribute any improvement to him

You appear to be making excuses to eliminate any credit going to Puel. ROmeu this season is playing in a different role for Puel than he did for Koeman, Romeu is the lone DM.

Can similar excuses not also apply to the players you say were..."noticably improved under Poch and Koeman very quickly"? Which players are you talking about? If it is Shaw & Chambers for Pochettino then why does your McQueen excuse apply to them?

Puel gets credit for starting Mcqueen of course . Mcqueen is hardly comparable to Shaw though .

I guess with Poch the whole team seemed to improve . Although at one point this season we did seem to be improving it has certainly seemed to go backwards recently . Our play is getting slower and slower . Players look frustrated

A natural goal scorer with a terrible injury record but an initial loan would give us a chance to see if he can play regularly. We should sign him up if we have the chance. But, notwithstanding his failure to get regular first team starts at City, Chelsea and now Liverpool he probably still sees himself as a "big team" player, unsuited to a smaller team like Saints.

To be fair I would give him credit for Romeu he has looked much better than last season

That's possibly it - & worryingly I think 5-7 players have gone the other way under Puel

Thread about it here >>> http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57427-What-s-gone-wrong#.WDWejIbfWaM

Careful. Referencing your own thread could set up a loop in the Saints Web Database, and make a hole in the Matrix.