Arsenal EFL Cup - Match Thread

St Chalet

If he puts out our first team and we don't pass sideways all night you will not hear any complaints from me

Fair

'if we don't pass sideways all night'- so basically only if we win we won't hear complaints?

But our first team and our best chance of beating a much changed arsenal side - no?

maybe, but may also have negative implications for future games i.e. fitness?

we have so many fixtures coming up, including midweek games for the past 4 weeks in a row (2 ELs, one Prem and tonights EFL game) and then a hectic Christmas schedule

'if we don't pass sideways all night'- so basically only if we win we won't hear complaints?

we have so many fixtures coming up, including midweek games for the past 4 weeks in a row (2 ELs, one Prem and tonights EFL game) and then a hectic Christmas schedule

This is a cup quarter final - sniffing distance of a Wembley final. What's the point of being in any competition if you don't want to try and win it in the latter stages. Strong team, lets go for it.

Don't worry about the league, we'll be fine, and really what's the difference between 15th and 8th anyway? League is not winnable. Fa cup, league cup go for it. Otherwise what's the point in being a fan really?

**** the palace game this is a cup quarter final a chance for a trophy or Wembley trip

Win tonight and worry about Crystal Palace another time

Some of our fans really have zero ambition

Don't much care about the Palace game - put out the second string side for that.

Tonight - and next week's Europa League game - are much more important.

Play our best players tonight and on Dec 8th and give them the weekend off if necessary.

I concur with your thoughts :)

Sod Palace, Tonight and Hapoel are important.

Don't much care about the Palace game - put out the second string side for that.

Tonight - and next week's Europa League game - are much more important.

Play our best players tonight and on Dec 8th and give them the weekend off if necessary.

Could not agree more.

We have won 2 cups in 131 years.

We have qualified for Europe 3 times in the last 30 or so years.

Nothing says going for it like a rookie full back up front.

If we win, great. But that line up doesn't really deserve to. Let's hope to they are hungry and bound to improve.

And Arsenal's does? McQ isn't a rookie fullback, he played up front whilst on loan.

Fairly happy with that, it's hardly a Checkatrade team. To not make the bench, one might assume Austin has a knock but it is disappointing if he is just left out.

A game there for the taking and he puts out a team like that. FFS.

I give up on football.

That's Arsenal reserves. Our first team would have beaten them. We've got no recognised right back in starting the lineup, no goal scorer up front and we haven't even got Austin and Fonte on the bench. We have won 1 trophy in our entire history so a semi-final place would be massive for us. Why can't Puel see that? I guess he doesn't realize just how much winning the League Cup would mean to the fans. If we lose tonight, fans are going to be very p!ssed off with Puel and his obsession with rotations, which basically means fielding weaker teams than necessary.

Hmm wanted slighly stronger team that- Puel literally loves experimenting- very least Austin on the bench ffs, and Romeu too- hopefully Reed wil put up- good experience for him tbf

Tbf Jay Rod has been so poor and Mcqueen been a great attacking fullback why not try it.

Jay Rod seems he can take pens too so if it gets to that put him on before that

If he had played Cedric and Romeu to this team and a much stronger bench (wheres redmond + Austin + fonte ffs) and id be happy with a stronger bench too.

As echoed, leaving out our only player who seems to know where the goal is, is daft imo. About time Long put the ball in the back of the net again. Maybe another 'where did that come from' freak Yoshida goal will see us through or something.

That Arsenal side is very weak though so you never know.....

And Arsenal's does? McQ isn't a rookie fullback, he played up front whilst on loan.

Fairly happy with that, it's hardly a Checkatrade team. To not make the bench, one might assume Austin has a knock but it is disappointing if he is just left out.

The point is our first team, or something resembling it, would annihilate Arsenal reserves and then we're in a freaking cup semi final.

If we win the Puel's a genius. I like him a lot so let's hope he is.

Interesting line up to say the least.

I guess he thinking is that it's basically our strongest defence (minus a couple) and one of our quickest attacks - counter, counter, counter.

Shame Austin isn't even on the bench but hopefully we can just nick a couple on the break. Hopefully Shane & Boufal score and can get thei seasons motoring in time for the Christmas fixture pile up.

It's not even the kids/back up-ness of it all but that's just a side that have never played together ever before.

I agree you need at least a bit of continuity. Now you know why I have given up on this tournament. Foreign managers are only concerned with the Premier League, must be something in their contracts.

Rotation no surprise, we want to be competitive in all competitions. I understand that.

Arsenal's team looks even weaker to me so I echo the sentiments if we can't beat that then we deserve no more. They are fighting on different fronts too remember.

Would like to have seen a slightly stronger bench though. McQueen has been a winger for many years only recently converted to LB so no probs there and excited to see him get a shot at preffered position. COYR