Tannoy

Stud mark of doom

Anyone else think the new (I presume) Tannoy system is turned up far too loud? I found it impossible to talk to the people around me at half time or hear what they were trying to say. Still have a headache now.

Might be just me - perhaps others enjoyed the 'musical' accompaniment?

I was going to drop the club a line to complain - what's the best email address?

Cheers

They were conducting a test of the new tannoy equipment around the stadium. There have and will be numerous complaints (Including from members of staff.) so hopefully this will be addressed for the next game. As to why they couldn't reduce the volume and insisted on manitaining volume I don't know.

Playing music stupidly loud right up until kick off killed the atmosphere too.

Not sure about that, few times in the past the fans have almost worn themselves out by kick off and sung all of our small repertoire of songs, meaning people aren't as up for it after kick off.

Today as soon as the game kicked off there was a proper loud OWTS.

Music was quite different today as well...wondering if the players have requested what gets played.

Anyone else think the new (I presume) Tannoy system is turned up far too loud? I found it impossible to talk to the people around me at half time or hear what they were trying to say. Still have a headache now.

Might be just me - perhaps others enjoyed the 'musical' accompaniment?

I was going to drop the club a line to complain - what's the best email address?

Cheers

Glad you mentioned it,

Thought it was far too loud and what was the 'music' they were playing just before the start of each half!!!

Bring back the Albion Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you mentioned it,

Thought it was far too loud and what was the 'music' they were playing just before the start of each half!!!

Bring back the Albion Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The track played before the players came back on for the second half was Renegade Master by Wildchild who was from St Mary's. It was a massive tune in the mid 90's and then again a few years later when Fatboy Slim remixed it.

Sadly Wildchild died in his mid 20's.

Whether the club were aware that he came from Southampton I don't know, but if they played it with a nod to the local area then fair play to them.

[video=youtube;-fLgCjHC6iA]

The track played before the players came back on for the second half was Renegade Master by Wildchild who was from St Mary's. It was a massive tune in the mid 90's and then again a few years later when Fatboy Slim remixed it.

Whether the club were aware that he came from Southampton I don't know, but if they played it with a nod to the local area then fair play to them.

Always thought Friend Within were the original. The more you know!

Thought it was all far too loud and just not needed.

It hampered the atmosphere, if they continue to blair out music before, in-between and after the match then I'd expect the atmosphere to take a real knock. It drowned out any welcome that the fans give the players when they come onto the pitch.

In general thought the music selection was awful, although quite eclectic - you're not going to please everyone with the music being played so why bother at all. It's not a nightclub it's a football match. I've always felt embarrassed for clubs that blair out music right up until kick off, hope they stop doing this asap.

Didn't know Wildchild was local though - that's interesting.

Top tune, great memories there!

Name was Roger McKenzie, went to school with him, was always in to his music and a great body popper, really talented guy taken so suddenly.

I thought that the new pa was superb.

I could hear every word for the first time in years.

Admittedly it was a tad loud at times but that's understandable as it takes a while to get used to a new system.

And it was an absolute treat to hear 'Trapped' by Colonel Abrams, who sadly passed away last Friday. RIP

I thought that the new pa was superb.

I could hear every word for the first time in years.

Admittedly it was a tad loud at times but that's understandable as it takes a while to get used to a new system.

And it was an absolute treat to hear 'Trapped' by Colonel Abrams, who sadly passed away last Friday. RIP

It's not very hard. The least they could do is walk around the stadium and work out the correct volume for the music. It was WAY off

I complained to dwhittington@saintsfc.co.uk who is the Supporter Relations Advisor after the Liverpool game, that despite the new speakers we still could not hear Kenzie. He told me that they were still making various tests and by the time we play Tottenham and WBA hopefully there will be no problems. It looks as though the club have listened to the supporters after all these years. :)

Had the pleasure of spending half an hour after the game in the medical area at the back of the chapel as my dad had taken a fall coming out the ground. All the medics and most of the stewards had complained as none could hear their radios and it was seriously interfering with their communications. - I think it will be a lot quieter for the next game.. but at least it is working in the Chapel Kingsland corner now....

It was bloody loud. It was good to hear the Louis Armstrong OWTS though. I've always thought the team should run out to that at the start.

A part of my Match Day Build Up .... OWTS by Louis Armstrong and The Skids (Not the sh!tey U2 version) of The Saints are Coming.

Both definitely need to be aired on Match Day.

It's a hard balance. It's easily more audible than it has been since for ever in the Kingsland, but they seem to have more scope to play with the volume levels than they have had before, so we can expect more changes and tweaks as the weeks go on. It's a great tool that we can really use to our benefit to help build pre-match atmosphere's etc, as the pre-match build up to Inter at home was epic.

I think the club deserve praise for actually addressing a really poor aspect of the stadium.

IT was good to be able finally to hear the announcements etc, but they need to turn down the music. It was so loud that we couldn't talk to people next to us without shouting in their ears...more.like being in a club than being at a match. Some people near me were complaining (when we could hear them, after the music finally stopped!) that it actually hurt their ears. If it continues at that ridiculous level I'll not renew my season ticket next season.