Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

The reality is that barely anyone has been as you describe. The main fannies are the ones screeching like hysterical tarts because some people are discussing the vvd situation. People have different views about selling or not selling him shock horror. It's a forum, people look at things in different ways.

Horse****. There are plenty on here who have changed their tune.

So what's this rule about a 6 year contract meaning 2? So is a 4 year really 1? What about 5?

Obviously, there is no real rule. It is just common sense. If a club wants to sell a player and get full value, they need at least two years left on the player's contract. If VVD hadn't signed a new contract, he would have had three years left this summer so he couldn't force a sale quite yet, but he could in 2019. In other words, if the club intended to sell him this summer, then they would not have offered him a new contract.

The update is that Van Dijk remains a Saint. He's going nowhere. No one has bid for him and he's not for sale.

Edit: although having just read the Telegraph article my backbone may have just broke... The article does hint at a softening stance from Saints... Balls!!!

Don't believe a telegraph article is accurate unless it's written by Jeremy Wilson.

It's hard to believe the Telegraph when it claims that relations between the clubs are "cordial", given what's gone on.

Equally, "Securing Van Dijk would require a sensitive diplomatic mission as much as a change of position from Southampton" seems fanciful. Like, unless they're nice to us we won't sell them our best player and alienate virtually every Saints fan.

There have been no further developments in the situation with Clasie’s Dutch colleague Virgil van Dijk.

Speculation is inevitably ramping up over the future of the central defender heading into the final days of the window, but Saints have still yet to receive an offer for his services.

Van Dijk remains sure he wants to leave having handed in a transfer request, while Saints do not want to sell.

For all the talk and speculation there has to this point not even been a decision to make, and Saints are hoping it remains that way.

Daily Echo 05.45 today

Don't believe a telegraph article is accurate unless it's written by Jeremy Wilson.

Ah yes. Excellent.

You're going nowhere Virgil. Sort your head out mush, you're stuck in ****ty old Southampton for another 6 months at least.

The Ox situation is interesting.

The Ox situation is interesting.

It is indeed, his head appears to already be in Liverpool rather than Chelsea. I wonder if he...I mean his dad...has been tapped up by anyone?

Now if VvD does go this window, let's hope Chelsea come in to get their revenge on the snidey scousers.

Next week it'll be that Liverpool never wanted him in the first place, that he is crap, and not worth 15million even

I suppose the situation is we are using VVD as a carrot to get the best deal for the club.

Options:

(1) Arsenal bid 50m plus Walcott or Lazzette (We've got funds for another exciting player)

(2) Chelsea bid 50m plus Remy (Got funds for another exciting player)

(3) Liverpool offer 70m (Gives us the extra money to purchases two great players elsewhere)

(4) Purchasing the one/two great players we want elsewhere is proving difficult so do I sell VVD to Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool as the fans won't be happy.

(5) Let's keep VVD and hope he does not continue to sulk and strike and let's get that cheap striker/winger in.

Basically - VVD goes we get two players in.

If he stays we buy a cheapish striker/winger.

Do you mean Lacazette? the guy they just bought six weeks ago?

Walcott would be nice though. Or even Iwobi.

Hopefully Tom28 will be on shortly. I am leaning more towards him leaving due to Simon Peach's tweet and the article in the Echo this morning, it's sounds like we are waiting for an offer to come in. Really hope the board do stick to their word though.

Hopefully Tom28 will be on shortly. I am leaning more towards him leaving due to Simon Peach's tweet and the article in the Echo this morning, it's sounds like we are waiting for an offer to come in. Really hope the board do stick to their word though.

Amazing that for someone that is supposedly so in demand as yet we haven't had one reported offer from anyone for VVD.

What I’ve been told:

- He’s as good as gone and unfortunately to Liverpool. Bid expected to come in today and understand that assuming it’s over £70m (which it will be), Saints will let him leave.

- No CB replacement but we will bring in an attacker. No idea who it is.

Source has been reliable all summer with transfers, although was incorrect about takeover timeline (told me it wasn’t close and then happened 3 weeks later!) so take it with a pinch of salt.

What I’ve been told:

- He’s as good as gone and unfortunately to Liverpool. Bid expected to come in today and understand that assuming it’s over £70m (which it will be), Saints will let him leave.

Source has been reliable all summer with transfers, although was incorrect about takeover timeline (told me it wasn’t close and then happened 3 weeks later!) so take it with a pinch of salt.

Really hope it's anyone but Liverpool. Will be laughing stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was firmly of the opinion that he's staying until the past few days where a few posts have suggested it might not be the case and not think he'll go.

If we get the price we feel represents good value and selling VVD allows us to pursue and purchase a player who will improve us in other areas, I for one will be pretty pragmatic about it and see it as good business, particularly as we now have Hoedt on board.

If he stays I'll be equally happy as it shows the club won't be bullied.

11pm Thurs can't come soon enough so we can move forward as a team and concentrate on the football without this hanging over us.

Fans will be angry if he goes to Liverpool. I hope not.

Would be a joke.

Be good to see some Les Reed out banners out next match or a gathering of angry folk with pitch forks and torches at SMS, but as normal nothing would happen, except being laughed at by the scousers and the fat cats at Saints.

Would be a joke.

Be good to see some Les Reed out banners out next match or a gathering of angry folk with pitch forks and torches at SMS, but as normal nothing would happen, except being laughed at by the scousers and the fat cats at Saints.

I assume you are joking as that's clearly an overreaction but I think fans would be justified to feel some anger if the club say one thing abd then do another again. Much easier to swallow if he doesn't go to Liverpool.

Would be a joke.

Why are you presuming that it is a fait accompli?

I'm sorry, there's no way that the board will facilitate more of the "*player* will be joining Liverpool in 12 months" comments that appear after every one of our signings.

I do not believe VVD to Liverpool will happen.

Really hope it's anyone but Liverpool. Will be a laughing stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the bellend Twitter warriors who've spent all summer engaging with their Scouse counterparts will be a laughing stock, but I doubt anyone else in the footballing world will care any more than the numerous other times we've caved over transfers.

They'll shrug their shoulders, concede that we probably didn't have much choice, and say we got paid well over the odds - and then get on with their lives.

I think Tom28 is the only one with valid ITK at the moment, cannot see him going to Liverpool.

VFTT is as well and he's reiterated all summer that VVD isn't going to Liverpool (something which i've also heard from other sources too). The thing to understand though is that what you hear today is not what happens tomorrow.

£70m for a CB. I read the comments about us being a laughing stock but i'll be laughing at Liverpool if we sell to them. They'd be royally mugged for that price. Great player but no CB is worth that coin, let alone one that hasn't played in 7 months.

What I’ve been told:

I do find it funny how with only 48 hours left in the window we still have no idea who this attacking player is we might be after. You'd have thought there would have been rumblings in our interest leaked from somewhere by now - especially if it was a player of some repute - but we haven't heard a thing. Would beg the question are we really willing to sell if there isn't a player lined up to spend the cash on?

Have to say personally i'll be amazed if Les doesn't capitulate on Thurs as soon as they put in an offer of 70m .. and make Kruger's position untenable in the process given his comments

Delighted but amazed ...

But Kruger effectively said 'never say never'.

If the Scouters offer us £70m plus, let him go. Had enough of this ********.

£70m for a CB. I read the comments about us being a laughing stock but i'll be laughing at Liverpool if we sell to them. They'd be royally mugged for that price. Great player but no CB is worth that coin, let alone one that hasn't played in 7 months.

they wont be. he is world class.

But Kruger effectively said 'never say never'.

If the Scouters offer us £70m plus, let him go. Had enough of this ********.

Ah but this war of attrition is just what the agent wants. I tend to agree, but then I have an over riding desire to say "**** off" to the Scousers. However if it was £85-90m, then, well, maybe.

I reckon he is worth a lot more than the £70m being banded about. Sells for £100m minimum next summer. Potentially one of the worlds best centre backs. Granted they are outfield players but considering the cream, Neymar: £200m, Coutinho: £150m, when Rio FERDINAND sold in 2002(?) It was just after Ronaldo moved to Real, and I'm sure it was for same price or even for TRANSFER RECORD at time. Have a think about this club, because we've got an absolutely top class player on our books. Lets not do another mane. This ones signed on long term. WE pull the shots

I do find it funny how with only 48 hours left in the window we still have no idea who this attacking player is we might be after. You'd have thought there would have been rumblings in our interest leaked from somewhere by now - especially if it was a player of some repute - but we haven't heard a thing. Would beg the question are we really willing to sell if there isn't a player lined up to spend the cash on?
We signed Mane out of absolutely nowhere and it didn't even get announced until the day after the window closed. No rumours, zip. Here's hoping for something similar.

I reckon he is worth a lot more than the £70m being banded about. Sells for £100m minimum next summer. Potentially one of the worlds best centre backs. Granted they are outfield players but considering the cream, Neymar: £200m, Coutinho: £150m, when Rio FERDINAND sold in 2002(?) It was just after Ronaldo moved to Real, and I'm sure it was for same price or even for TRANSFER RECORD at time. Have a think about this club, because we've got an absolutely top class player on our books. Lets not do another mane. This ones signed on long term. WE pull the shots

:lol:

I was expecting a update yesterday but all relatively quiet as of last night. Club still working hard to line up our deals and getting ready to respond if a serious offer for VVD come in which is expected. Still being told that a improved Liverpool offer, if it comes, is likely to be rejected. Club are prepared to call VVd's bluff and leave him to sit out the whole season if that's what he wants to do. Club don't think he'll do that all season but if he does thhe club are prepared for that to happen.

I've lost count of the amount of times Liverpool were going to be a superb side.

They don't have any quality DMs this season, their defence is awful, their keepers are useless, their manager's tactics are questionable, they don't have a top striker. What they have is great attacking pace in Mane and Salah, 2 players who can be brilliant but won't be on form all season.

Their team isn't the same quality as Spurs, their squad is miles behind City and United, and Chelsea will probably finish above them too.

So their about to be a superb side is basically still needing to have a damn good season to come 4th.

Deluded.

I personally can't see a scenario where we can let him go now, with less than 48 hours. The fee becomes irrelevant, as it's more to do with the principal. If we stick to our guns and he's still here then we have taken the lead on the situation. If we let him go with 48 hours left, and unbelievably to Liverpool, then we just come across as weak and it makes our report of Liverpool tapping him up look like nothing more than a petty whine. Would be hard for anyone to take us seriously.

To me, there is no benefit to letting him go now. As I said, the fee is irrelevant. We're not going to reinvest any of that in 48 hours. I'm inclined to believe Jono though, as I 'think' I know who he is - but let's wait and see.