Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I'm fairly sure they meekly stood aside when some bigger clubs came in for Gerrard, Suarez and Sterling and held the door open for them when they left. Oh, that's right I remember now, the self-pity-city boys threw their toys and had to terrorise Gerrard and his family to stay put. If they were ever serious and could come up with the bucks, I'd sell him to Koeman's scallies now...

Manchester United would be better, that'd really rub their noses in it. And then put out a statement to say that we appreciate Virgil's efforts and that while we are disappointed to see him leave, we are at least pleased that he has been able to continue his career at one of England's elite level clubs, rather than making another "stepping stone" move.

Or something along those lines.

Manchester United would be better, that'd really rub their noses in it. And then put out a statement to say that we appreciate Virgil's efforts and that while we are disappointed to see him leave, we are at least pleased that he has been able to continue his career at one of England's elite level clubs, rather than making another "stepping stone" move.

Or something along those lines.

Don't think Utd are interested in VvD. They've got a few CBs at their disposal already.

Quinn is just trying to wind us up. He is succeeding. Please ignore him, and stop plastering his sh!te all over the internet!

He is an awful pundit. Having never played at a decent level he has nothing insightful to add and mostly talks about his betting.

I never listen to anything he is on.

If you want a laugh wind up merchant extraordinaire is putting the boot in on TalkSport. Take this as a compliment lads, normally Arsenal he obsesses over, we've made the big time :lol:

Just listening to it, nearly drove of the road.

Never heard so much drivel to be honest

God talkSport have average presenters. Brazil pretends he is a dipsomaniac (or maybe he is). Quim - nothing needs saying. The two Mikes just shout gibberish at each other. Durham is a tool who speaks bollôcks, along with his sycophantic sidekick who should stick to cricket.

Now he is saying that SFC are being unfair not selling him when we have sold others, and why anyone would stay in the madhouse that is SFC.

Time to take the dogs for a walk.

God talkSport have average presenters. Brazil pretends he is a dipsomaniac (or maybe he is). Quim - nothing needs saying. The two Mikes just shout gibberish at each other. Durham is a tool who speaks bollôcks, along with his sycophantic sidekick who should stick to cricket.

Now he is saying that SFC are being unfair not selling him when we have sold others, and why anyone would stay in the madhouse that is SFC.

Time to take the dogs for a walk.

True, there are some awful ones. Georgie Bingham desperate to tell the world what "she thinks", even if it matches the general consensus.

I don't listen to it anymore as I've gone back to travelling by tube, but for a couple of years of commuting by car I listened to a lot of them. Always liked Collymore, and think Colin Murray did a good show. Telling that they both left after News Corp bought the station. Funny how "Mr Liverpool" Quinn wasn't put off though.

You're a little harsh on Gough though. Imagine they want/need someone with connection to another sport, and just because he's good at one sport doesn't automatically disqualify him from knowing about another. It's that kind of attitude which meant Clive Woodward simply couldn't have had anything insightful to offer Redknapp, and why the English still haven't got their heads around the idea that all these foreign managers are at the top of the game despite not being top footballers themselves.

Do people understand Talksports business model?

It's basically trolling different people at various times, stop taking it so ****ing personally.

It used to be great with Mike Dikin, Lofty from east Enders and others, but is just on a wind up now. Mike Graham is the only decent one & he's been ruined by that fat plum Parry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Do people understand Talksports business model?

It's basically trolling different people at various times, stop taking it so ****ing personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd have thought members of this forum would be used to such behaviour by now :)

Antonio Conte tells Chelsea he wants Leonardo Bonucci or Virgil van Dijk - @Matt_Law_DT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/22/antonio-conte-tells-chelsea-wants-leonardo-bonucci-virgil-van/

Interesting read. It's obviously good to keep emotions out of these transactions but 40 million plus Ake plus screw you Liverpool doesn't sound too bad to me.

Interesting read. It's obviously good to keep emotions out of these transactions but 40 million plus Ake plus screw you Liverpool doesn't sound too bad to me.

Can we make it £50m+ Ake?

They've probably got a fair few players I'd be happy to take off their hands, to be honest.

Can we make it £50m+ Ake?

They've probably got a fair few players I'd be happy to take off their hands, to be honest.

It's a good reason to deal with Chelsea. They sound pretty firm on the 50m bit though, and I think that Ake is a 20m rated player.

Dominic Fifield has a very similar article in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/22/antonio-conte-chelsea-sign-leonardo-bonucci-virgil-van-dijk-juventus-southampton

It's a good reason to deal with Chelsea. They sound pretty firm on the 50m bit though, and I think that Ake is a 20m rated player.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/22/antonio-conte-chelsea-sign-leonardo-bonucci-virgil-van-dijk-juventus-southampton

I note that this article says VvD is not agitating to leave

how about money and batshuayi? say 30 m. we would get an exciting striker and have money to sort the defense out

I'm sure using Aldridge mouthing off gives Liverpool plausible deniability. Doesn't change the fact this sudden re-stirring of the hornet nest by the media seems very pre-meditated. Really hope Saints stick to their guns and don't sell him to Liverpool. As for Van Dijk whilst ex players talking of striking is one thing i'd be surprised if he/his agent think actually striking would be a good move.

They think they know every trick in the book for an orchestrated campaign. No surprise that some scouser urges someone to go on strike though is it?

Hoping VVD has a little more self respect and dignity than to follow this 'advice'.

how about money and batshuayi? say 30 m. we would get an exciting striker and have money to sort the defense out

I read somewhere a few weeks ago (can't remember where) that he's not interested in joining a smaller club. It was West Ham that were interested at the time.

So that's £60m

Add Ake, Zouma or Andreas Christensen (less likely) then bite their hand off.

In fact, I'd take £50/£55m + one the the above, then also try and get a sweetened deal for Lewis Baker. I have a few friends that are vitesse fans... they love him, also it has to be said he's played well in the u21's from what I've seen of him.

Am I the only one thinking that this is now becoming the biggest joke . Liverpool need to be reported for tapping up. Every day this month i've heard such club is talking to such players representatives and i'm thinking so that's also tapping up. Yes this obviously goes on or clubs have said yes you can talk to the player, we shall agree the fee later. (basically that's all that is needed as permission), but the call from JA from Liverpool to say VVD should strike that is hilarious. Ok so he is our best defender by a country 100 mile and probably one of the best defenders in the league if not most of Europe. But he has a 5 years left on his contract to which he will be 30 at the end of it.

So lets set the legalities of a contract down here. If a player says I will never kick a ball again for Southampton I am on strike. No probs Saints can say cool we take what you say as your word. Guess what for the next 5 years he is stuck totally unable to train / play for anyone and we don't even have to pay him. So he will be free to join another club at the age of 30. MEaning he has been unable to do anything else in the next 5 years. Lets say no probs you do that. I'd rather this than cave into any demands at the end of the day we lost what £20m I'm happy with that. However if anyone comes in with a proper £70m offer I am also happy with that (proper as in realistic payments, not £25m now and £50m after we win the CL 6 times in a row)

Various Twitter sources now saying a deal to Chelsea is close. So there we have it, he's now officially been close to joining all three teams that were interested this summer.

Are Chelsea using us to get a deal done for Bonucci? Or is this the beginning of the end of this saga?

Various Twitter sources now saying a deal to Chelsea is close. So there we have it, he's now officially been close to joining all three teams that were interested this summer.

Are Chelsea using us to get a deal done for Bonucci? Or is this the beginning of the end of this saga?

Get rid, sulking *****.

Officially? Has it come from SFC's twitter account then?

Don't see the fuss over Ake. Never struck me as particularly good and certainly not good enough to fill vvd shoes.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Quite. He is only 5'11 too. The weakness of both Stephens and Yoshida is against the more physical strikers so whoever replaces VVD needs to be a physical presence in our increasingly small team.

Quite. He is only 5'11 too. The weakness of both Stephens and Yoshida is against the more physical strikers so whoever replaces VVD needs to be a physical presence in our increasingly small team.

Surely we are decreasingly small?

Who's to say Ake would be VVD's replacement? I think we desperately need a Fonte replacement, Ake would fill that role, easy.

If/When VVD goes, he will need to be replaced with an experienced, powerful, quality CB. Over to you, Ross.

Yeah, Ake would not be a VVD replacement. We would need a more physically dominant defender to replace VVD.

Is this young polish kid that sort of player?

On what I read about last nights performance against England U21's, no. Sounded like more of a direct replacement for Gardos from that.

I'm not sure about Ake to be honest but Kurt Zouma would be worth taking IMO, £50 million plus Zouma would be a very good deal and I've seen reports that Zouma is surplus to requirements, when personally I think he's better than Cahill. Just needs game time.

I'd push for that, way better than him going to Liverpool and Zouma is better than Sakho IMHO.

Chelsea have a whole host of talented young players that they don't play and probably never will that would totally suit us I reckon. Would be like getting loads of Romeus