Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

The media have literally no idea. It was only a few days ago that they said he was desperate to work with Klopp.

Exactly....

We won't sell unless someone offers 70m and then you have no choice imho.

Stupid money for any club to offer.

70 million is ridiculous for an injured player no matter how good a season he has had. Love him to bits but that money will seriously strengthen the squad. The defence wasn't the biggest issue last year. What was in front (And behind) was.

Focus on that. VVD has returned a £55 million profit in 18 months good business. Thank you sir and good luck. Just pull a hammy when playing against Saints please.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where does this £70m come from? The report says its £60m.

Also, we have money to strengthen the squad without selling our captain and best player (again) according to Krueger.

#quietsummer

Don't get me wrong I'd rather he stayed but if he is offered a good deal with a bigger club then so be it. Just as long as he helps secure the maximum cash possible for Saints then accept it and move on.

CB Is one of the easier positions to fill at our level. The team clearly needs a DM, attacking midfielder, and decent mobile forward who can a really score occasionally.

Oh and a manager that can actually set a team up to win.

Football is a team game plenty more players around.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

£70m should be the starting point for the auction with some of the ridiculous amounts touted for importing quality players; VVD is the finished article and one of the best in his position in Europe.

I wouldn't mind seeing a deal with Chelsea involving Christensen providing there's £60m cash involved as well. And wouldn't begrudge him a move to City - anywhere other than L/pool or spurs,(or the dugout c^nts).

Liverpool won't be spending £70m on him. If Chelsea/City/Liverpool do come in for him, it'll be interesting to see who we might get offered in P/X.

(I know P/X deals hardly ever happen, but there's likely no shortage of players they might use to offset the transfer cost).

It has single-handedly revived RAWK's VVD threat.

LOL. I know Liverpool fans who react like that to every newspaper story in the same way.

If City or Chelsea want him then the fee will be huge. The kno_b jockey suggesting we will sell him to the dippers for £40m needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Whilst I don't want him to go, and wouldn't be shocked to see him stay for another season, I'd not be adverse to £60m plus Iheanacho from City or a similar deal involving Ake or similar from Chelsea.

If City or Chelsea want him then the fee will be huge. The kno_b jockey suggesting we will sell him to the dippers for £40m needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Whilst I don't want him to go, and wouldn't be shocked to see him stay for another season, I'd not be adverse to £60m plus Iheanacho from City or a similar deal involving Ake or similar from Chelsea.

I've accepted he'll probably leave but for £40 million to Liverpool would have been gutting. The new figures of £60-70 million to City would be a lot easier to deal with. At least the club has tried to show some balls this summer due to the players being on long contracts. Part ex players is an interesting idea, there are some decent players at the big clubs not getting game time. (Like when we got Romeu from Chelsea.)

Agree, would go as far as saying I'd be happy selling him for either of those deals, as long as the £60m is reinvested in the correct places.

We need to retain some sense of reality. A while back 50 million was touted which is a huge amount of money and the most we've ever got a for a player by far. Then it rose to 60.

And now people are saying we shouldn't let him go for less than 70! We throw these numbers around like it's nothing.

In reality we might get 50 plus a player but at those numbers I doubt it. If we get 60 that is incredible business.

You would hope with that money plus surely investing some of the new tv money, we could bring some serious talent to the squad for a comparatively modest outlay.

But let's not get carried away by expecting 50 then 60 then 70....

I would imagine there is a price to be agreed then the player will go wherever he gets the best deal from those willing to pay it.

We need to retain some sense of reality. A while back 50 million was touted which is a huge amount of money and the most we've ever got a for a player by far. Then it rose to 60.

And now people are saying we shouldn't let him go for less than 70! We throw these numbers around like it's nothing.

In reality we might get 50 plus a player but at those numbers I doubt it. If we get 60 that is incredible business.

You would hope with that money plus surely investing some of the new tv money, we could bring some serious talent to the squad for a comparatively modest outlay.

But let's not get carried away by expecting 50 then 60 then 70....

I would imagine there is a price to be agreed then the player will go wherever he gets the best deal from those willing to pay it.

Don't completely disagree with you, but if you look at some of the figures being bandied about for untried teenagers (French kid at Monaco for £100m, Kyle Walker at £45m), £50-60m for a player proven at this level, and a class above most (Kyle Walker prime example) then Saints should look to maximise this if we have to sell due to the player wanting to go, or to reinvest sensibly.

A few bookies have now suspended betting on him joining Liverpool.
I think the club is starting to stretch our fans patience by constantly selling to Liverpool. VVD is a saleable asset and if the club said no to Liverpool at all costs it doesnt matter as there will be other suitors. Im tired of that club as it is, let alone them again taking our players. I suggest we wont be getting anymore from Celtic as I feel they are tired of us taking their players

A few bookies have now suspended betting on him joining Liverpool.

Get your money city. According to a Liverpool media officer who I know he says that VVD has chosen man city. Not sure I would risk too much on it though as he has been wrong before. Who knows.

Some so called itk said vvd to Liverpool was done and naturally the scousers all put money on it and caused the betting to be suspended. Between them and Everton... what the hell is wrong with the inhabitants of that city?

An ITK on the newly-revitalized VVD RAWK thread posted that he has had his medical and has signed with Liverpool:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335603.1360

I'm having a hard time believing it. As a side note, RAWK has very active moderators. One might almost call them authoritarian.

To be fair i did say this was going to happen a couple of weeks back, only outlier was what would City do in terms of outbidding.

is it ott to link the rumours we are in pole position with that Semedo chap with this? Dont care where he goes as long as its huuuge money. Hes world class, got best part of ten years in him and worth 50+ i reckon. Anything lower and we've let him go too cheap.

I just hope they've added another £20m on, especially for Liverpool. I do just wish that at least once we could say no....if it's true he's leaving.

They won't have, just like they didn't the previous sales to Liverpool.

Pretty gutting as I think he's better than them, but if Liverpool is the players choice, and they pay our asking price, then what more can you do.

If the Liverpool Echo report it, its generally true. As we know, they don't hold back with feeds to the press....

They won't have, just like they didn't the previous sales to Liverpool.

Pretty gutting as I think he's better than them, but if Liverpool is the players choice, and they pay our asking price, then what more can you do.

If the Liverpool Echo report it, its generally true. As we know, they don't hold back with feeds to the press....

Liverpool echo hasn't reported anything.

Just Twitter ITKs