Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Sounds like Liverpool's representatives have contacted VvD's representatives to tap him up and agree a deal.

Think all of this is coming from Liverpool leaking it, including the £60M fee.

No indication as of yet that Saints themselves are settling for anything less than the £70M asking price we've put on him.

With 5 years left on his contract, we can afford to hold out for it too, pull a Schneiderlin/Wanyama on him if we need to.

That could change if VvD decides to pull a Lovren/Lallana on us.

Is this a typical agent going around trying to flog his client to the highest bidder.

If no deal then he gets nothing, If he can persuade VVD to leave Saints then he is quids in.

I honestly believe VVD is not looking to leave us yet.

That is a PR piece 'expects loyalty from the player after investing in his rehab'. They're turning this on van Dijk and his agent agitating for a move.

They already know the games up. They are perfectly aware of the interest and know van Dijk and his agents been talking through the deal and ironing out the intracacies. Now he's been passed fit for transfer the wheels are turning. Just the fee and add ins to thrash out.

This is Reed just doing the usual 'we done everything in our power' bit as per previous seasons.

Now the softening of the fanbase begins. Spin time.

That is a PR piece 'expects loyalty from the player after investing in his rehab'

They already know the games up. They are perfectly aware of the interest and know van Dijk and his agents been talking through the deal and ironing out the intracacies. Now he's been passed fit for transfer the wheels are turning. Just the fee and add ins to thrash out.

This is Reed just doing the usual 'we done everything in our power' bit as per previous seasons.

Now the softening of the fanbase begins.

I honestly think you might end up surprised this time round.

Reads as if dictated by the St Mary's press team. Almost worthless. And depressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bit is actually a concern if they Reed et al are genuinely that unaware!

"However, it is all quiet at St Mary’s, with no offers for van Dijk having come in and, for now at least, no imminent sense that another club is going to try and prise him away."

#quietsummer

We're in a strong position unless VVD "agitates", and even then we could still get a year like Morgan and Vic.

He'll suddenly pick up a recurrence of his injury with us picking up his tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh I don't care if we sell VVD as long as the replacement is of similar quality . He will go for less than the advertised price as Les Reed always bends over .

If the funds are reinvested in quality players properly then fine .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Personally, I think he'll go in a years time. As that piece says if he's worth £60m now he'll be worth that in a years time given contract, age and how good he is; not to mention the fact it seems three clubs are interested so makes sense to play them off each other at the very least. No point selling now unless they get a stupidly big offer, say £75m.

Tbh I don't care if we sell VVD as long as the replacement is of similar quality . He will go for less than the advertised price as Les Reed always bends over .

If the funds are reinvested in quality players properly then fine .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yeah that's not going to happen name a few CBs on a level with VVD right now who will come to saints. We will get in someone with potential and hope they come good so we can flog them to Liverpool in two years time.

:lol:

If we really were a feeder club to Liverpool, they wouldn't have to pay through the nose for our players, we wouldn't have used the money to finish above them last season, and to **** all over their only hope of silverware this season.

The people from RAWK are having a gander at this thread and copying and pasting posts. So everyone on their best behaviour ;)

Don't mind the Scousers who support Liverpool. Can't stand all those Cockneys and people from all over the rest of the country who have no connection to LFC (or any other "fashionable" club for that matter) who spout off and phone up radio call ins saying we this, we that.

Lots of people doing false sums here - don't forget the bonus we need to pay VVD as he hasn't put a request in. Also the small matter of the sell on clause (25pc ?) due to Celtic. Then the signing on fee for the 'next VVD' plus agent fee - and suddenly that 50m is a lot smaller.... we should hold out for £70m - no reason why we shouldn't get it given the cash the interested parties have. If fit Sakho seems an obvious choice - then you can also gamble on Semodo and get rid of Gardos.

Especially after the humiliating boasts of how cheaply Mane was acquired from Southampton. Never let us be made to look suckers again, Les.

Liverpool unleashes a volley of publicity utilizing the entirety of the nation's media, and Saints produce this little wet fart of a reply in the Echo. Not a particularly inspiringly response. It troubles me that all this has gone on without anybody bothering to contact the club, but that's modern sports I suppose.

Liverpool unleashes a volley of publicity utilizing the entirety of the nation's media, and Saints produce this little wet fart of a reply in the Echo. Not a particularly inspiringly response. It troubles me that all this has gone on without anybody bothering to contact the club, but that's modern sports I suppose.

'VvD to stay at Saints' doesn't sell many papers.

For the first time in a while the club holds all the cards. 5 years left on his contract and no need to sell. I don't really care what his true market value is and neither should the club, and with that in mind I'd be disappointed if we don't see near 60 million from the deal, and that's after Celtic have had their cut. So it's either 70 million or they do a deal with Celtic to reduce their fee, and if not he stays

Meh, VVD is vastly overrated, error prone, and injury prone. Good Riddance. ;)

Besides which we'll only go and sign someone for £15 million that'll be worth £100+million in a season or two's time. :D

These reports smack of "Empty vessels making the most noise" to me. Whatever VVD is claimed to have said, his contract is with us, it's long term and unless Liverpool reach close to our £70 million asking price they're getting the big stiffy.

Besides, whatever happens happens. We can be annoyed by it or be happy with it, but there's little any of us can do about it. Just hope the incomings are decent.

Doesn't he look happy in a City shirt though!

vandijk-cityshirt.jpg

When he goes he will be the most expensive defender in the history of football. As long as we reinvest it all back into the team I won't complain too much, we could get 3 quality players in. Would love him to stay a year longer but can't see it.

Go and get a job

they've tried nicking some of ours with the cruise terminal.

can't imagine many of them will will be on here later this week they'll be too busy having a minutes silence for Corbyn losing the election, never seen anything as ridiculous as their banner when we played up there.

I'm off to read The Sun .

I find it funny that Liverpool are spending £60M on a player to replace the player they bought from us for £20M 2 seasons ago.

You might laugh but the fact of the matter is Saints have helped Liverpool reach the champions league because Lallana, Lovren, Clyde and Mane have contributed.

What have we won? nothing. However we have produced another great player to push them forward even further in VVD.

I can't wait for Jack Stephens to lift the cup up for them in 5 years time while also being the England captain.

Reed's love in with Liverpool is becoming a joke despite them bankrolling us so we produce them more players for the future.

I find it funny that Liverpool are spending £60M on a player to replace the player they bought from us for £20M 2 seasons ago.

not funny really. They are buying the best defender out there and yet again, a player from saints

the downward slope is getting steep

not funny really. They are buying the best defender out there and yet again, a player from saints

If they're buying a player off us better than the last then that's an upward slope? Clearly back to square one when he goes I agree but abort ott in this case

Clearly Uncle Les is getting the pension fund topped up by the scousers. Are we entiltled to half the title if they win It? Lol

Imagine the team we would of had if we actually kept some of our players and dropped the pushover mentality..

This bit is actually a concern if they Reed et al are genuinely that unaware!

"However, it is all quiet at St Mary’s, with no offers for van Dijk having come in and, for now at least, no imminent sense that another club is going to try and prise him away."

#quietsummer

Oh FGS get a grip. Of course Reed et al are aware of what is going on. Why do so many supporters think that they know what's up while those running the club don't?

I'm just waiting. Seems a lot of the noises are coming from Liverpool and could be fed by a giddy agent driving prices up. To be Fair, I think VVD is too good for Liverpool and thought I'd see him at a Chelsea or City as he'd probably get paid more and win more there. The club clearly think that they had agreed one more season (Which is what was suggested when he became captain), so let's just see.

He'll only go out our terms as Morgan and big Vic etc

Can't understand why he'd want to go to Liverpool if Chelsea and Man City might be interested. Perhaps more guarantee about a place. Not too worried about yet another one going there.. I'll be more worried when we don't spend all the cash strengthening the squad like last year.

Are you so deluded to not realise or understand there is a pecking order for teams and players often want to progress up that order.

Look at Ericssen at Spurs. He said he would find it hard to turn down Barca (or Real, can't remember which) should they come knocking.

It happens everywhere, but we don't necessarily take that much note. Granted, it happens more with us>Liverpool more than most.

I'll be disappointed if he goes to Liverpool, as I think he's way better than that. I have a feeling that he'd be happy to stay another season, but for the kind of figures being bandied about I imagine the club will see it as good business. Realistically people need to realise where we are in the pecking order of world football. Sure it sucks, but that's modern football for you.