Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Virgil is copping some flak from the other players about all this stuff, telling him he's going to have to stay now :o

Hopefully that points to good morale but it probably just reflects that players aren't bothered about the fact he wants to leave and that they're all just passing through, going though the motions!

Virgil is copping some flak from the other players about all this stuff, telling him he's going to have to stay now :o

Hopefully that points to good morale but it probably just reflects that players aren't bothered about the fact he wants to leave and that they're all just passing through, going though the motions!

Where?

He's obviously peed off. Suggests he is considering his next move, or is boarding a plane to Manchester to discuss. What a mess

Probably what to be expected. Now the club need to convince him that staying another year will be good for both parties and he can go to a big club next year, not a middleclub like Liverpool :)

He's obviously peed off. Suggests he is considering his next move, or is boarding a plane to Manchester to discuss. What a mess

To be fair - Virgil has only got himself to blame. As much as I like the fella and think he's the dogs' danglies on a football pitch, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to actually meeting Klopp in Blackpool

and then regularly texting each other ever since! How did he think the club he plays for and is contracted to was going to take that news? Very naive on Virgil's part.

To be fair - Virgil has only got himself to blame. As much as I like the fella and think he's the dogs' danglies on a football pitch, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to actually meeting Klopp in Blackpool

and then regularly texting each other ever since! How did he think the club he plays for and is contracted to was going to take that news? Very naive on Virgil's part.

Or signing a six-year deal.

Or signing a six-year deal.

Indeed. Sounds to me that Virgil took it as automatic that Saints would be absolutely over the moon with the £50m/£60m transfer fee received for him and the rest would be a simple, smooth transition to Merseyside.

Obviously it didn't play out that way - hence the sulky, attention-seeking Twitter photo (with 'thought bubble' emoji ffs) this afternoon.

This whole thing is extraordinary. From the very get go I have never witnessed such media clamouring for him to make a big money move to a "big club". Every Saints game I watched on the TV this season, whether he was playing or not would be full of the commentator going on an on about him on the "verge of a big move", "has turned the head of the big boys", "no question he will be playing for a big team next year" "big question marks over his future".

Disgraceful really.

Is there proof of this meeting in Blackpool etc or these texts etc.

Bit behind on things.

I wonder if Klopp was texting Virgil on the phone the club pays and gets the itemised bill for?

Saints accounts department, Monday 5th June 217:

Les: Get me Virgil's last phone bill

Accounts person: Here it is boss

Les: What the F***, look at all these texts to that number. I think I'll just call it

Unknown Call recipient: Ja, Virgil mien guter freund

Les: Jurgen, is that you??

Unknown call recipient in heavily accepted Scouse accent: Ist das International Rescue??

This whole thing is extraordinary. From the very get go I have never witnessed such media clamouring for him to make a big money move to a "big club". Every Saints game I watched on the TV this season, whether he was playing or not would be full of the commentator going on an on about him on the "verge of a big move", "has turned the head of the big boys", "no question he will be playing for a big team next year" "big question marks over his future".

Disgraceful really.

I think Sky (although to be fair it's not just them it seemed to be every and any broadcaster showing our games) see the Premier League as some pre-ordained, scripted soap opera, similar to the WWE in America. It's about time it was made clear to them they own the TV rights, they don't own the product.

Why don't you actually check before putting out such bs?

awww bad nights sleep little fella?... perhaps you should check your facts before posting like a tard! he did remove stuff, and has since put it back on...

awww bad nights sleep little fella?... perhaps you should check your facts before posting like a tard! he did remove stuff, and has since put it back on...

Or was it whoever runs his Twitter account for him?

No apology to the fans from VVD then. Imagine looking out of a plane window and thinking sad thoughts about still being on £100k a week instead of £200k a week. We should keep him now. He's be grumps for a while, then he'll quickly get over it. Doesn't he have the same agent that oversaw Koemas move to Everton? These agents have a lot to answer for IMO. Such poor advisors.

The agents are not really advisors, just out to make a quick buck for themselves......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that surprises me is the "end their interest in the player" bit. I understand they've got caught with their hands in the till & are on probation for this sort of thing, so get the apology. But did they really need to add that bit at the end . It maybe a conspiracy theory too far but I find it strange they gave up so easily. Could it be that FSG didn't really want to push the boat out with him, but didn't want to upset Klopp. This way they can say they tried & were willing to back him, but he ****ed it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No apology to the fans from VVD then. Imagine looking out of a plane window and thinking sad thoughts about still being on £100k a week instead of £200k a week. We should keep him now. He's be grumps for a while, then he'll quickly get over it. Doesn't he have the same agent that oversaw Koemas move to Everton? These agents have a lot to answer for IMO. Such poor advisors.

Yes, same agent. I knew this summer would be bumpy from that moment.

The looney scousers are still at it claiming 'hypocrisy' about a complaint made by Ian Holloway, when we tried to buy Phillips in 2012 i think. Holloway gobbed off to the media claiming 'tapping up.' But there seems to be no complaint other than in Holloways head with SFC saying there was dialogue between chairman and a bid was made.

Ive not seen an official statement from Saints that it has been dropped, only some random mutter from skysports

I suspect the last thing we want i9s a full blown investigation. Everybody knows what goes on, but clearly, certainly between clubs in the same league, there should be a level of respect. On this occasion the club determined that Liverpool went beyond the pale, and we are in a sufficiently strong position to do something about it.

The last thing we want is to be completely hamstrung in the transfer market ourselves given it is an integral part of the model.

Ive not seen an official statement from Saints that it has been dropped, only some random mutter from skysports

I don't think there was an 'official' statement by Saints that they had even made a complaint.

It may be frustrating for some fans who want to see a Sullivan/Gold type running twitter commentary but Saints seem to maintain a dignified silence in these matters. Unfortunately, in the days of wall to wall 24 hour media coverage this leaves a media vacuum which can be filled by ill-informed rumour and speculation by morons like Quinn.

Interesting bit in the Mirror on tapping based on an interview with an unnamed former agent, in the aftermath of the VVD apology:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-murky-world-tapping-up-10586182

“No transfer happens without an element of tapping-up. What usually happens is that an agent goes to the club, says his player wants to leave, asks how much it will take to get him out and then relays the information to the club that wants to buy him....What is much more unusual is for a manager or club to become quite so directly involved without some sort of sign or indication that a player might be available."

So basically everybody does it (no surprise), Klopp's direct involvement was unusual and Liverpool were complete idiots getting caught red-handed.