Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

So LFCs admittance of guilt doesn't mean anything? It takes two to tango I'm afraid.

It will be much easier for club to cash in on VvD if supporters turn on him.

Lets just not swallow all the guff in the media and start waving rabid fingers about when it comes to our current players.

In the end of the day £60m quid on the bank (Kat's bank) isn't worth much to us, where's VvD in the starting line up next season is worth a significant amount to us.

Stay smart.

It will be much easier for club to cash in on VvD if supporters turn on him.

Lets just not swallow all the guff in the media and start waving rabid fingers about when it comes to our current players.

In the end of the day £60m quid on the bank (Kat's bank) isn't worth much to us, where's VvD in the starting line up next season is worth a significant amount to us.

Stay smart.

This viewpoint is interesting and I'm inclined to go along with it. Because we all love our club and, if we had the talent, would give anything to play for Saints, I've always said that if a player doesn't want to play for us then get rid of them (in a way that gets the most money from their sale). However, it's got to the point now where our 'top' players always want to leave after proving themselves and we aren't a big enough club to persuade them to stay. We are a stepping-stone club for good players who become great players whilst they are with us. If we are going to progress further and become a regular top 6 club then we need to keep hold of the likes of VvD, and the only way we will do that is by saying "You've signed a 5 year contract, no matter what you do or say, you're going nowhere" and continue to sign and develop quality players.

If we refuse to sell, no matter what the incoming offer is and no matter what the attitude of the player (as someone mentioned above, a player on a 5 year contract isn't going to refuse to play for 5 years), and continue to sign and develop quality, then we surely will progress and break into that top 6 regularly. Just look at all the quality we've sold since being back in the Prem. Keep hold of those and we'd be title contenders by now. If we are that financially secure and don't need the money then run their contracts down - having Clyne or Wanyama for another season is surely better than £12.5m and £11m for them, even if they have asked to leave?

In summary, if a player has signed a 3, 4 or 5 year contract with us, ensure that the player knows that we are very unlikely to sell them as we want to keep all of our best players and seriously aim to get as high as we can in the Prem. Being this well-run business who sells their best players and makes a healthy profit on them is an excellent way to run a business, but it won't get us passed 6th place at best and is very disappointing for fans who see that we are in a position to go to the next level.

Interesting twist in the Virgil van Dijk transfer story involving Chelsea will be posted here later....#CFC #saintsfc

From the same guy who posted that Yahoo article on Twitter.

VVD was a guest of honour recently at one of their home matches.

Even heard a rumour he was also in the changing rooms celebrating the title.

It makes you wonder what on earth is so bad here? Do we keep these guys in prison camps for the season and only let them out on match day? Do we not feed them or allow them to see their families? Given how keen everyone is to always get out of here, that can only be the case.

It's not like we pay well, look after them and give them tasty signing on fee's is it.

The legions of "why us?" supporters among the Liverpool fan base will be hoping that a complaint against Chelsea is forthcoming, but I don't recall Chelsea being stupid enough to publicize their own illegal approaches in the media.

My view of VVD certainly is not what it once was. A bag of money and either Ake or Christensen is starting to sound OK to me. Or a bag of cash plus Iheanacho.

Its started.....

The only players that have had their reputations ruined (which is by no means all the players you seem to think it is) have done that themselves.

Trying to blame Reed for that is utterly ridiculous, and repeating it every other post doesn't make it any more believeable.

It is getting really really old now.

The only players that have had their reputations ruined (which is by no means all the players you seem to think it is) have done that themselves.

Trying to blame Reed for that is utterly ridiculous, and repeating it every other post doesn't make it any more believeable.

Any chance of banning the rozzer's little helper?

guilty until proven innocent.....

All these little leaks about players are purely convenient for us at a time we sell players.... Suggesting anything else is utterly ridiculous? Just good timing boss

I was blind but now i can see - Amazing Grace!

guilty until proven innocent.....

All these little leaks about players are purely convenient for us at a time we sell players.... Suggesting anything else is utterly ridiculous? Just good timing boss

I was blind but now i can see - Amazing Grace!

Even supposing for a single second (but no longer, I'm not completely daft) this is something the club specifically do, what makes you so certain it originates from Reed?

No chance of course, that you're just trying to provoke reactions... None at all...

Like I said, getting really really old.

Even supposing for a single second (but no longer, I'm not completely daft) this is something the club specifically do, what makes you so certain it originates from Reed?

No chance of course, that you're just trying to provoke reactions... None at all...

Like I said, getting really really old.

I said Les et al.

If you think its purely coincidence i will not change your mind.

If you think its simply impossible the club would do that i will never change your mind.

Ill stay open minded about it.

Here's a 118 pages of fans sniping and mocking ex players and managers as us fans are always encouraged to wish ex players and managers all the best right?

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51186-Defectors-Watch#.WTv5HJ_TXqB

I said Les et al.

If you think its purely coincidence i will not change your mind.

If you think its simply impossible the club would do that i will never change your mind.

Ill stay open minded about it.

Here's a 118 pages of fans sniping and mocking ex players and managers as us fans are always encouraged to wish ex players and managers all the best right?

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51186-Defectors-Watch#.WTv5HJ_TXqB

I've never said that I think it's impossible it happens.

Assuming for certain that it happens based on very little evidence isn't keeping an open mind though.

Quite the opposite in fact.

Unless you can come up with some solid proof this has happened, I'm going to assume for certain that you're trolling and trying to provoke a reaction, I don't want to hear you going on about it again.

Yep that's what we're going to do, put 70 million into a paper bag and put it out on a park bench every Wednesday with a notice written on it in felt pen inviting people to help themselves to a few quid, because that's what letting a valuable player "rot in the reserves" amounts to.

Who said anything about the reserves? Just make him stay and pick him for the first team. Like I said, he's not going to refuse to play, or sulk for 5 years.

I dont see much in this chelsea/city stuff it might have happened with agent but thats pretty normal especially it would seem with wasserman ! It looks like someone trying to make a few quid off the situation and 'yahoo sport' and Irish Independent' being used weakens it all somewhat. The main issue with Liverpool was the well orchestrated media approach last Monday at 5pm across various networks. Thats the needle that Saints used to complain to the premier league (Tuesday lunchtime) and it wasnt until late Tuesday evening that John Cross Mirror said there had been a meeting in blackpool.

To me my tanks would be fully parked on wasserman's lawn because they could well of done a job on VVD and it doesnt add up why he would choose Liverpool instead of City or Chelsea. So Wasserman clearly have some sort of relationship thats beneficial to them.

Assuming for certain that it happens based on very little evidence isn't keeping an open mind though.

Unless you can come up with some solid proof this has happened, I'm going to assume for certain that you're trolling and trying to provoke a reaction, I don't want to hear you going on about it again.[/quote

He does it all the time with seeming impunity. You can do something about it. I've put him on ignore along with some others but people still quote his trolling twaddle which means its never really hidden.

I dont see much in this chelsea/city stuff it might have happened with agent but thats pretty normal especially it would seem with wasserman!

To me my tanks would be fully parked on wasserman's lawn because they could well of done a job on VVD and it doesnt add up why he would choose Liverpool instead of City or Chelsea. So Wasserman clearly have some sort of relationship thats beneficial to them.

We could, of course, simply refuse to deal with Wasserman. Or, if the FA had any, ban Wasserman.

I'm so glad that my faith in the inability of football players to act in a gentlemanly manner nor treat their employers with due respect hasn't been changed due to this little saga. I imagine that there is more to come that will surely reinforce the opinions that I currently hold.

I'm so glad that my faith in the inability of football players to act in a gentlemanly manner nor treat their employers with due respect hasn't been changed due to this little saga. I imagine that there is more to come that will surely reinforce the opinions that I currently hold.

If you want gentlemen follow rugby, only sport where you can see a solicitor and a brain surgeon kicking the crap out of each other of a Saturday afternoon.

If you want gentlemen follow rugby, only sport where you can see a solicitor and a brain surgeon kicking the crap out of each other of a Saturday afternoon.

Hmm, not really into rugby. Maybe cricket. Well I certainly had more enjoyment watching the national side play Australia today than I did watching them play Scotland.

I dont see much in this chelsea/city stuff it might have happened with agent but thats pretty normal especially it would seem with wasserman ! It looks like someone trying to make a few quid off the situation and 'yahoo sport' and Irish Independent' being used weakens it all somewhat. The main issue with Liverpool was the well orchestrated media approach last Monday at 5pm across various networks. Thats the needle that Saints used to complain to the premier league (Tuesday lunchtime) and it wasnt until late Tuesday evening that John Cross Mirror said there had been a meeting in blackpool.

Is this the same agent who engineered Koeman's move last summer?

Is this the same agent who engineered Koeman's move last summer?

It is. He changed to them late last year I think. There was some speculation at the time that it would result in VvD going to Everton.

Interestingly he doesn't appear on their website, although I'm not sure if that's something that's changed or not.

http://www.teamwass.eu/en/talents

Edited by Jimmy_D

Didn't that fat Skate Quinn say he'd spoken to Conte when he was bragging about Liverpool early in the week. He seemed pretty well briefed, so it's probably true.

Let's face facts, he wants to go. No point in clutching at straws, the signs were there when he didn't attend the end of season bash. Just like the Lovren hairdresser story, people are willing it not to be the case but surely everybody's head says he's offski. The only way he'll stay is if we give him some sort of gentleman's agreement "stay another year and we'll sell you for slightly less". But what is the benefit to him & why would his people take the word of our people with a takeover imminent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't that fat Skate Quinn say he'd spoken to Conte when he was bragging about Liverpool early in the week. He seemed pretty well briefed, so it's probably true.

Let's face facts, he wants to go. No point in clutching at straws, the signs were there when he didn't attend the end of season bash. Just like the Lovren hairdresser story, people are willing it not to be the case but surely everybody's head says he's offski. The only way he'll stay is if we give him some sort of gentleman's agreement "stay another year and we'll sell you for slightly less". But what is the benefit to him & why would his people take the word of our people with a takeover imminent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all he has five years left on a contract with us he can't go anywhere with out the clubs agreement it does however require saints to show some balls.

Unless you can come up with some solid proof this has happened, I'm going to assume for certain that you're trolling and trying to provoke a reaction, I don't want to hear you going on about it again.

At last!! and good on ya Jimmy for telling it how it is