Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

He is though. £50M for starters - it obviously will be much more than that. Added that the story has arrived significantly later than others.

Look at his other articles - he has a track history of getting things hopelessly wrong.

His article is part of the media brief. They will have all been fed the same/similar info and it's up to them how they report it. It looks pretty much 90% done I'd say.

Lets hope we sell him for £60million and he has a recurring injury for the entirety of his contract.

I can understand a player wanting to go to Liverpool - Van Dijk is good enough to improve them in such a way they will challenge for the title, and it would mean more doing it with Liverpool after so long than with City or Chelsea. Annoying, but understandable.

However he deserves a shot at a Barca/Real/Bayern starting place and if he costs himself that well...no sympathy.

Selling at all is stupid but the continual underselling of our players is now leaving me wondering why and at who's instigation, if you get my drift....... Plus even more intriguingly to the same club!!!!!!!!!

If Redcrap was still here we would all be shouting brown envelope .....

Conspiracy or just coincidence but it seems Liverpool never have to call back... we are selling something which is highly desirable so the price should be higher than the underlying value which in today's climate has to be £70m plus.... Just odd that this is a continuing theme....

Football is very dodgy these days - in my opinion.. :-) it's almost farcical and becoming so remote.

Glad I don't subscribe to Sky and BT nor will I - its wrecking the game....

It was always gonna happen let's be honest. No surprise from me.

The pessimistic one will say our strategy will soon relegate us if we do not recruit well.

The optimistic one will say let's take the £60m, and if we recruit well, we finish top 6 again.

VVD can leave if he wants, but why oh why Liverpool?!?! Does he really want to shoot himself in the foot???? We could have matched their trophy count over the past 10 years had we won the EFL cup this season... Be a bit more ambitious mate, Chelsea, City, Real + Barca...

But Southampton FC is a business first and a football club second so if Liverpool are gonna offer the most guess he is off there

All I've heard about the fee was a that it's record breaking due to number of clubs interested.

Also I know the person that wrote the press briefing and where it came from, I'll leave that one at that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I've heard about the fee was a that it's record breaking due to number of clubs interested.

Also I know the person that wrote the press briefing and where it came from, I'll leave that one at that though

any news on puel/new manager?

Well, current record for a defender is the David Luiz to PSG deal at £50m so £51m would be "record breaking".

I hope that even if we agree a deal with VVD and the other club to sell in principle, we put it off until we can make some signings.

As soon as we sell for £50m+, everyone else will hike up the price. Obviously they may do it anyway in anticipation, but at least try not to make it quite so obvious we have a load of cash burning a hole in our pocket.

What will it take, or at what point will a Premier League club report another for illegally approaching (tapping up) one of its players?

Somebody will say everybody - including Saints - does this but Liverpool appear to have perfected in to the level of an art form with the way they use their media lickspittles to first spawn and then build the story until it almost becomes a fait accompli.

There is not one attributable quote in any of the stories linking van Dyke but Liverpool can now sit back confident their work in sowing seeds is done and they can reap the harvest.

It was always gonna happen let's be honest. No surprise from me.

The pessimistic one will say our strategy will soon relegate us if we do not recruit well.

The optimistic one will say let's take the £60m, and if we recruit well, we finish top 6 again.

VVD can leave if he wants, but why oh why Liverpool?!?! Does he really want to shoot himself in the foot???? We could have matched their trophy count over the past 10 years had we won the EFL cup this season... Be a bit more ambitious mate, Chelsea, City, Real + Barca...

But Southampton FC is a business first and a football club second so if Liverpool are gonna offer the most guess he is off there

If we have an equivalent summer to last this year and keep Puel we will be relegated IMO.

This for me just isn't acceptable. There is no business nor financial reason to sell. You will get the same fee next summer!!!

VVD is absolutely exceptional, a rare talent. The type of talent you pay to watch!! That's the whole point of this game, to watch football you enjoy.

THis sale is a step too far and not one I can find space in my mind to rationalise.

I'm fuming I've renewed my seats. Joke

This for me just isn't acceptable. There is no business nor financial reason to sell. You will get the same fee next summer!!!

VVD is absolutely exceptional, a rare talent. The type of talent you pay to watch!! That's the whole point of this game, to watch football you enjoy.

THis sale is a step too far and not one I can find space in my mind to rationalise.

dont be fuming, we do it every single summer

A few days ago it was Man City, today Liverpool. Although this time the spin is certainly a bit louder.

Not the best move for VVD imo but can understand. Realistically understand we would drop our pants again, but for it to be ****ing Liverpool, yet again, is like going in dry up the arsehole.

Board should be embarrassed they are making this club Liverpools *****.

I'm sure they'll give you your money back (less an admin fee) if that's how you feel. Honestly don't think there are too many other surprised that he is going.

That might be so, but if you alienate you customers, which this will/is, then you might find that the customers stop coming. Its not so much selling him, but selling him and so many others to one club. I have actually renewed my season ticket for 17/18, but regret doing so. I just find football boring and the monetary side of it distasteful. Throw in the club seemingly happy to sell all the best players every season, with the hope of replacing with cheaper and then selling them, with the reasoning that it is business, then it is a business that I find a little exasperating and I am not really on the same wave length. I am not sure quite what the point of taking part in a competition if you seemingly accept that there is no chance of winning it. TBH though, I just can't see much point to the Premier League any more.

Alot of the deal intricacies were done while ago.

It was just about VVD regaining fitness and getting checked over before it moved forward.

Still AR-10 knows for a fact that because he's done a photo shoot for the new kit, he's not moving. Or maybe he is. But definitely not... but hat might change. Possibly.

So where are all these posters that were so sure he was going to stay and that's why the club made him captain?

I'm one and if this is true which I don't think it is there has been big changes since sat lunchtime

Ridiculous isn't it. Why can't we hang on to him like they did with Sterling, or Everton did with Stones, or West Ham with Payet.

Except that Everton rejected Chelsea's advances for Stones, got another season out of him and sold him for more the following summer...

Well, at the risk of sounding like too much of an optimist, if Liverpool have talked VVD into going there, they still have to persuade Saints to sell. I can see them lowballing on the basis that they have already won and making it easy for Les to say no. Les with his "quiet summer" and Ralph with his we don't have to sell lines...time for actions to match words. Just say no, and keep VVD for one more year.

I'm interested to know what role, if any, Saints played in the process that took VVD to saying yes to Liverpool. Did they authorize Klopp and Liverpool to talk to him? Did they authorize it via VVD's agent, letting the selling price be known? Or is this simply a very public example of tapping up?

Just because Virgil may prefer Liverpool, that doesn't mean we have to sell unless they hit our price, which Adam Blackmore has just said will be astronimocal & above £50m. With 5 years left on his deal we should have a chance to show some backbone but whether Les will when someone is waving the readies in his face is another matter.

Same old selling club mentality just like the previous 2 seasons, I mean Liverpool AGAIN.......we may as well all get a season ticket for Liverpool at this rate as most of their team consists of the best ex Saints players, Clyne, Lallana, Mane, Lovren and NOW VVD...........bet we get screwed on the fee too just like with Mane.

Glad I didn't re-new mine at St Marys.........were really lucky this season to avoid being sucked into a relegation battle, next season i fear we will come unstuck especially with Puel at the helm, thanks Les Reed & Ralph Kruger, thanks alot for a really quiet summer.....last one out turn off the lights

Just because Virgil may prefer Liverpool' date=' that doesn't mean we have to sell unless they hit our price, which Adam Blackmore has just said will be astronimocal & above £50m. With 5 years left on his deal we should have a chance to show some backbone but whether Les will when someone is waving the readies in his face is another matter.[/quote']

Indeed, Kruger came out and said 70m, dont need to sell etc 3 days ago in the press- so this is Liverpool being ****esters again and playing this out in the media. So, if we sell for 50m that's a joke. 50m + Sakho or 60m maybe, 60m+ you have to bite their hands off surely ? Ridiculous amount for a CB

Tend to go with Adam B here, lets see how it plays out - VVD doesnt strike me as a lad who will throw his toys if we made him stay one more year

Absolute joke if we sell him to Liverpool, and if we do I hope to god it's for 70m or something. Knowing us though we will bend over for low 50s or around. We are becoming so soft you don't see Spurs selling Kane alli and Toby at the first sniff of a bigger club coming along you don't see bigger club Liverpool walking all over them.

We should not go below 70m here or make him stay!

Indeed, Kruger came out and said 70m, dont need to sell etc 3 days ago in the press- so this is Liverpool being ****esters again and playing this out in the media. So, if we sell for 50m that's a joke. 50m + Sakho or 60m maybe, 60m+ you have to bite their hands off surely ? Ridiculous amount for a CB

Tend to go with Adam B here, lets see how it plays out - VVD doesnt strike me as a lad who will throw his toys if we made him stay one more year

That's my take on VVD as well...hope we're right.