Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

You know he said he wanted Sakho plus another £40m right? Which still leaves £20m if we sign Semedo for £20m. That might help pay the wages of a player from the Portuguese league for some time.

Yeah, he's struggling today. Probably best to leave him to it, don't want him crying off to the mods again.

This is actually a pretty enviable position to be in! We either get a huge wad of cash and turn a massive profit and reinvest OR we retain our player who is one of the best central defenders in the world. It's a win win.

Given our most recent history of replacing managers and players id prefer to stick rather than twist with regards VVD.

If Reed is insisting on selling players sell Clasie, Gardos, Jay Rod, Long even Tadic.

Just not our best player (again) and too Liverpool (again)

@AdamBlackmore

BBC Radio Solent understands that #saintsfc are to report Liverpool to the Premier League over an illegal approach for Virgil Va Dijk

Well, we will look stupid if we do this then sell him to them. So fingers crossed it also comes with a big "**** off" to the Dippers.

@SimonPeach

#SaintsFC have asked the Premier League to investigate an alleged illegal approach from #LFC for Virgil van Dijk, PA Sport understands

Would be phenomenal if they got a transfer ban or docked points. Realistically it'll either get dropped or they'll get some inconsequential fine.

Well you clearly can't read, I said Sakho plus £40m for VVD. I'm also not saying now the costs would exceed it.

Do you want to start again?

It's alright, I know you love trying to catch me out because I've made you look a fool a number of times (although you tend to do that enough for yourself), but come on, it was a very innocuous, "yeah, could be a good deal if we did this". I didn't realise I needed to fully cost everything I put on here.

Ok it's very innocuous and you didn't cost things - fair enough :lol:

Catch me out pal? More your MO when you're not asking for a meet up or getting banned- recall your last blinder re. Gabbiadini where you trawled through old posts and attributed statements to me, except I didn't actually make them :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Ok it's very innocuous and you didn't cost things - fair enough :lol:

Catch me out pal? More your MO - recall your last blinder re. Gabbiadini where you trawled through old posts and attributed statements to me, except I didn't actually make them :lol:

Brilliant, the one where you said he was **** cos your Italian mates said he was. Jury's still out, but wouldn't say he was **** by any means.

Classic Sherlock :lol:

Brilliant, the one where you said he was **** cos your Italian mates said he was. Jury's still out, but wouldn't say he was **** by any means.

Classic Sherlock :lol:

Wrong again, Simon. I never said that he was s**t. I was very clear I was passing on info from mates (Roma and Inter) who had actually seen him play. I was neither endorsing or reaching a verdict on their assessment since I also made it clear I didn't know much about him at the time.

You see why it's hard to take you seriously and why you get yourself banned, DPS/Jeff? You repeatedly get the wrong end of the stick and when all else fails just make things up. Anyway this is a thread about VVD, not your woes and inadequacies on here.

Edited by shurlock

Wrong again, Simon. I never said that he was s**t. I was very clear I was passing on info from mates (Roma and Inter) who had actually seen him play. I was neither endorsing or reaching a verdict on their judgment since I also made it clear I didn't know much about him.

You see why it's hard to take you seriously and why you get yourself banned, DPS/Jeff? You repeatedly get the wrong end of the stick and when all else fails just make things up. Anyway this is a thread about VVD, not your woes and inadequacies on here.

Hey, you were the one that attacked me for a very innocuous post. Obviously still smarting over that Italian slur you used!

But I'll apologise for saying you said he was ****, as long as you apologise for misreading and misinterpreting my post earlier? That a good compromise luv?

Find it strange you calling me Simon, as if it's something that you shouldn't know and you're being sneaky. Loads of people on here know who I am. Or maybe you're stalking me! My word, what am I ever to do? :scared:

Good for them, I bet he still ends up there as they have a hold over Les.

This would be a great time for our board to turn around and say we shall never deal with Liverpool again.

He'll go there because he wants to go there. Very little Les can do about it, to be honest. If you think there is, you are really underestimating player power these days.

Just spoken to someone I know within the club and to be frank it's confirmed what I originally thought. I will be very very surprised if we don't sell him this summer, especially as the player wants out. I'm not sure that he'll kick off publicly (i.e Lovren / Morgan / Lallana), but he / his agent has indicated that he wants to go (you can believe me on that or not, to be honest, I don't care).

What i'm not sure on is if VVD has officially handed in a request, i suspect not, which is why it's in the press that he hasn't told us he wants to leave.

I expect us to drag our heels in, especially given there is significant interest elsewhere and I suspect the deal will be on our terms, unlike some previous transfers. Unless something dramatically changes, he will be gone.

Liverpool fans going into full victim mode on social media.

I particularly like how they seem to think it's sour grapes or posturing, and we're guaranteed to let him go because it's our business model.

Can't possibly be that we might actually want to keep hold of a player we have on a long contract, and would have no hope of replacing for any fee we got.

There's the difference between us and an actual selling club. We don't need the money. Yes we sell players, but it's always for other reasons, usually the player pushing to leave, or they're on a short contract, or backing ourselves to spend the money better than the club buying off us.

Can't see us turning round and selling to Liverpool now.

Interesting point.

But VVD hasn't asked to leave? And by all accounts seems happy enough to give us another year?

Is it possible that he is standing up for the club, and has reported Liverpool contacting him illegally? Because if he has done that, they are actually going to be in trouble if the player has stitched them up.

Would love it if that is what has happened anyway :lol:

Just read SKD's post, is he in the know? If so then :(

Edited by Saint86

@AdamBlackmore

BBC Radio Solent understands that #saintsfc are to report Liverpool to the Premier League over an illegal approach for Virgil Va Dijk

Good, about time. Would like to see the club be strong and refuse to sell to Liverpool unless it's really OTT fee. If some of the journalists are complicit in the tapping up and it's proven, ban them from games and clubs for 2 years, would be a career-ender for them as would be pariahs and set some standards down. Would be cross if the club then caved in to another club for £60m given the 20% sell on fee to Celtic under further media pressure. We've got a 5 year contract, the player is likely to behave (unlike say Lallana) so on our terms.

Interesting point.

But VVD hasn't asked to leave? And by all accounts seems happy enough to give us another year?

Is it possible that he is standing up for the club, and has reported Liverpool contacting him illegally? Because if he has done that, he's a hero, and they are going to be in trouble if the player has stitched them up.

Would love it if that is what has happened anyway :lol:

VvD would be legendary on a MLT level in my eyes if he's done that :lol:

I still think he'll go, but I think it will be unlikely to Liverpool now.

Barca or Real Madrid for a huge fee would be my preference if he has to go, just to wind up all those Chelsea/man City/Liverpool fans.

I particularly like how they seem to think it's sour grapes or posturing, and we're guaranteed to let him go because it's our business model.

Can't possibly be that we might actually want to keep hold of a player we have on a long contract, and would have no hope of replacing for any fee we got.

There's the difference between us and an actual selling club. We don't need the money. Yes we sell players, but it's always for other reasons, usually the player pushing to leave, or they're on a short contract, or backing ourselves to spend the money better than the club buying off us.

Can't see us turning round and selling to Liverpool now.

Hope you are right. This has been coming though - shouldn't have sold Mane to them (unless they met a release clause) and the celebrations at our equaliser after Rickie and Lallana had just gone there (ironically scored by Clyne) amongst the Board was quite unusual at top flight level and showed the growing irritation. VVD has Chelsea and City interested IF Saints sell and both can easily outgun Liverpool - big mistake by Klopp and co.

Why not report Chelsea and Man City too? This is rubbish.

Probably because Chelsea and Man City have had representatives meeting representatives that skirt the rules without breaking them.

There are media reports that Klopp himself has swayed van Dijk himself. That would be illegal tapping up that actually breaches the rules, if true.

Probably because Chelsea and Man City have had representatives meeting representatives that skirt the rules without breaking them.

There are media reports that Klopp himself has swayed van Dijk himself. That would be illegal tapping up that actually breaches the rules, if true.

Wouldn't a transfer ban, as they're going into the Champions League, be just about the funniest thing ever?

Yesterday the club said there no were no bids etc etc

Now all of a sudden they've found out VVD was tapped up

The club didn't know VVD hadn't been contacted at all by Liverpool? Really, people believe that?

Of course they knew, they were waiting until something came up that would incriminate Liverpool. The fact that Klopp was mentioned as the reason is that 'something'.

Liverpool fans are generally a bit special reading their forums.

It's weird. It's like they think it's already a done deal, legally binding, and Saints are just trying to delay the inevitable, or are bitter about there not being an 'auction'.