Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I've seen no quotes attributed to the player himself, all reported second hand, to disassociate the report from any human agent. (Hmm, agent?). Just like when you've had an accident.. "Mum, the window has been broken", to deflect blame.

The club know there'll be interest, but the blatant reports in the press (with no direct attribution) and no contact from Liverpool, have bought things to a head.

I've seen no quotes attributed to the player himself, all reported second hand, to disassociate the report from any human agent. (Hmm, agent?). Just like when you've had an accident.. "Mum, the window has been broken", to deflect blame.

The club know there'll be interest, but the blatant reports in the press (with no direct attribution) and no contact from Liverpool, have bought things to a head.

I believe VVD is abroad with a couple of Saints fitness guys getting himself back up to speed for pre season ?

you have to have interested buyers to sell players. Do we have them for these players?

I think I've seen Clasie and Tadic linked with moves to Italy, Jrod to Newcastle and Long to West ham we'd probably have to pay some to take Gardos.

TBH if we could off load that lot, Keep VVD and use what money we got to strengthen the team it would be a pretty good summer in my book.

Liverpool fans are a deluded bunch of ***** aren't they, first time they've been a champions league club for what 4/5 years? and they only made if by the skin of their teeth and they are back acting like billy big club again, as if how dare Southampton stand up to them and of course van Dijk would chose them.

Hope this definitely means we don't sell to Liverpool now or ever again. I'd quite happily see us make their rivals richer just to screw them over just see to see their fans whine about it.

Why not report Chelsea and Man City too? This is rubbish.

Because Manchester city haven't planted a story saying Virgil Van Dijk wants to join you.

You (liverpool) HAVE. And it smacks of a plant.

You should have kept your mouths shut.

If Virgil goes anywhere, and it is a big IF, it won't be to you prats.

Yesterday the club said there no were no bids etc etc

Now all of a sudden they've found out VVD was tapped up

The club didn't know VVD hadn't been contacted at all by Liverpool? Really, people believe that?

How do you know it was all of a sudden?

Where's your evidence that the club haven't carefully considered their position since the contact was reported?

Be interesting to see how quickly (or at all) Liverpool come out and deny this.

Any long delay for a statement would be pretty damning.

Would love a transfer ban, would be highly unlikely but hilariously funny.

I think Everton are going to be rather more pre-occupied about losing Lukaku. Maybe they'll get some silly sum from Chelsea, who are supposedly about to sign him. If they stump up £70m for VVD, then I would be happier than if he went to Liverpool, and it would be ****ing funny to see the "poor relation" steal a march on them.

The press briefings come from somewhere, and it's not always from the side of the buying club. SKD was totally correct in saying VVD wants to go. From my point view i see this "tapping up" complaint to be aimed not at Liverpool but at the agents of our players. Basically a "stop touting our players without our say so" warning.

I also expect us to sell still, and would be surprised if it's not to Liverpool.

That's the point, all Liverpool's leaks to their Echo is coming back to bite them in the arse, I'm pretty sure Chelsea and City have said nothing about Van Dijk.

As are the ridiculous comments from Quinn on Talksport that are in this article... http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/813592/Virgil-van-Dijk-Liverpool-Chelsea-Antonio-Conte-Micky-Quinn-transfer-news-gossip

Smug, classic Liverpool chat, and if true, which yesterday it suited every Liverpool fan to shout about, pretty damning as well

The beauty of passive voice.

Southampton is angry that an auction was prevented. A very bitter club. VVD will hand in a transfer request soon.

LOL.

ANyway, out of curiosity I popped over to your board, and people seem to agree with your post about preventing an auction. But what you and your cohorts fail to understand is that maybe, just maybe, we don't actually want to sell to you or anyone else. Your arrogance blinds you to the situation.

Because Manchester city haven't planted a story saying Virgil Van Dijk wants to join you.

You (liverpool) HAVE. And it smacks of a plant.

You should have kept your mouths shut.

If Virgil goes anywhere, and it is a big IF, it won't be to you prats.

The problem you have here AR-10, is that the actual ITK's on this forum are saying he will be sold, and he will be sold to Liverpool.

I think you've just destroyed all (any of) your credibility.

Maybe City and Chelsea approached us and asked if we would sell him.

Liverpool being the cun*s they are bombard the media with 'Van Dijk will come here'/'Van Dijk wants to come here because he spoke to Wijnaldum'/'Van Dijk contract agreed' without even approaching hs first.

I think I've seen Clasie and Tadic linked with moves to Italy, Jrod to Newcastle and Long to West ham we'd probably have to pay some to take Gardos.

TBH if we could off load that lot, Keep VVD and use what money we got to strengthen the team it would be a pretty good summer in my book.

Agreed, but agents touting their player around via a newspaper doesn't necessarily equal actual interest from another club. Can't see JRod being here beyond the summer, but not sure there is much clamour to sign him. If a prem side doesn't take a punt then his current wage becomes an issue for teams in the championship for example.

Simple really. Those two clubs haven't tapped him up, like Liverpool seem to have, or there is no evidence that they have tapped him up, which there appears to be in Liverpool's case. Hope that helps.

Saints Yesterday: ultra relaxed, no imminent bids, all speculation.

Saints Today: so riled they are reporting Liverpool to the PL.

Right.

I suppose you think you are making a point but it beats me. Why not take things at face value, these two statements are not linked in any way that you seem to think.

It seems obvious that agents run between different clubs and players all the time. Lots of stuff goes on that seems to contravene tapping up rules, but they never make it to formal complaints. In this instance, having Klopp personally contact VVD to persuade him to select Liverpool was especially egregious and worthy of a complaint, if it was not authorized by Saints. It may make me sound petty and bitter, but this news has made my day. The smaller club is biting back.

I hope we can sting them with this complaint, but it does feel a little bit Alderweireldy all over again.

Oh and I definitely wouldn't prefer him to go to Everton over Liverpool. As much as seeing all our players go there is frustrating, as well as Micky Quinn being the perfect example of an odious chip-on-their-shoulder misguided self important scouser, ultimately Liverpool are a big club (probably top 3 in England), with Champions League football and unlikely to be a league-place rival for Saints bar the odd season here and there. Everton fans are totally deluded about how massive they are, and they finished one place above us in the table and have Europa League to contend with next year. We shouldn't be allowing them to strengthen.

Jeez, reading their forums...

It's like the tiny-minded ****wits think buying a few players off of us obliges us to sell them whoever they want and they can go about it however they like.

The thought that we might be keeping him seems to be completely alien to them.

RAWK not happy about the 'you're always the victim' comments on here...

:lol: :lol:

They are. The fact they are all over social media, our / their forum trying to protest their innocence and that it's big bad saints throwing a strop, would suggest that it is true.

I eagerly await us selling to VVD and a flood of Liverpool fans on here giving it large :uhoh:

I suggest toning down the rhetoric, I don't want to sell to them either but let's be honest the player will choose.

Still think he would be better off at any of the other big 5.

Games so they can hold their hands up and say to the fans 'look we tried'. Bull**** I don't trust them anymore when it comes to talking to the fans, they treat us with contempt most of the time. Sell the damn player like you always intended and buy some more good ones in for much cheaper, that is what we are good at, just be ****ing honest about it.

Jeez, reading their forums...

It's like the tiny-minded ****wits think buying a few players off of us obliges us to sell them whoever they want and they can go about it however they like.

The thought that we might be keeping him seems to be completely alien to them.

tell me about it, apparently they 'develop our players', yeh they developed Lovren all right, developed him into a clown and Lallana/Clyne are no better than when they played for us IMO, probably a bit worse.

The sense of entitlement over there is staggering, they just seem to think they should be able to whistle and we'll just fold. they aren't bloody Real Madrid, they are haven't done anything for like 10 years, haven't won a title in nearly 30 years, just snuck back in the Champions League Liverpool, if any actually good big club came in for one of their players they would be gone in a flash.

If it wasn't for Mane, they'd have finished like about 5 points better of than us, they were a decidedly ordinary team when he wasn't playing.

One of the their ITKs is claiming it's a done deal apparently.

Yeh jog on.

And they are totally playing the victims here, the amount of 'what us' and then trying to claim Man City and Chelsea should be reported as well is completely pathetic.

They are a sad club, with sad supporters stuck in their glory years which are older than most of them. At least we know our place, if you based Liverpool's status on what most of their fans think they would be Real Madrid, Barcelona and Harlem Globetrotters rolled into one.

If they're proved guilty they should be banned from signing him and a six month transfer ban should be put on them. And that's me being generous.

We cant sell him to them now after what theyve been doing in the media.

technically he is our player who played on loan at Southampton. After all these millions we gave Southampton, the club is practically ours

We've given them the best part of £100m over the last few years. Is it our fault they ****ed it away?

:mcinnes:

Liverpool fans, complete morons.

Edited by tajjuk