Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

He should of handed in a transfer request a long time ago.

If he wants to move on, then yes he should've. Hopefully a time will come when it is standard for a player to hand in a transfer request when wanting a move. Time's have changed. Clubs holding their players' to ransom is no more than distant memory (I don't consider staying for one more year of a lengthy contract to be that).

Trouble is that when a player that doe's they're instantly worth a lesser amount to the club.

Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton he ONLY wants to join Liverpool - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/virgil-van-dijk-told-southampton-10761788

That leaves Liverpool as the only club with a declared interest in the Dutchman – and Southampton in a dilemma with Pellegrino wanting funs to boost his squad.

British journalism at its finest.

If this story is true (a big assumption) and he will only consent to moving to Liverpool, then he should expect to play the next season at Southampton.

Clear this will rumble on for a while. Hopefully Saints can clear his head and get him focused.

Will be intetesting to see if he travels to Austria and assuming he will, whether he plays in the game there.

British journalism at its finest.

If this story is true (a big assumption) and he will only consent to moving to Liverpool, then he should expect to play the next season at Southampton.

Enjoy the next five years at Saints Virgil, playing with the kids, cos you'll be 31 when you're free. Then let's see if Liverpool still want you. Tommy Forecast managed it - you'll be fine. :lol:

Clear this will rumble on for a while. Hopefully Saints can clear his head and get him focused.

Will be intetesting to see if he travels to Austria and assuming he will, whether he plays in the game there.

If he doesn't then he is 100% off. Like Lovren a few years back.

I hope the club sent him a picture of his contract as a birthday card yesterday ....

with a Countdown Clock in the corner clicking down how many Years, Months, Weeks, Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds he has left before he gets his wish 8)

If Liverpool had any intention of ever sticking to their part of the "apology" of not taking the matter any further, they don't seem to have let VVD know :mcinnes:

Also it's an article from the Mirror with no quotes :lol:

No one joins Liverpool with an expectation of regular Champions League football these days.

Indeed, it's rather like saying players want to join Leicester to win regular league titles, or that Gary Glitter is still a big name draw as a popular artiste because he had a series of hits during the 1970s. The more I see of Liverpool (and Everton) supporters in the mainstream and social media the more it appears generic and base - possibly down to generations of slum dwelling living in close proximity with extended family whilst breathing in toxic waste from satanic mills. The mass population seem genuinely infantile, passive aggressive, with an unthinking mob mentality - a biological and social throwback, a relic rather like the city's two football clubs. Personally, I think the delay selling Van Dijk is due to the imminent takeover and will be framed as a 'new board / management' decision when it occurs, but he will be at an elite club rather than Liverpool come September. By then the plucky scouse humour will have turned nasty and their humiliation and failure will be blamed on anyone but themselves...

Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton he ONLY wants to join Liverpool - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/virgil-van-dijk-told-southampton-10761788

brillaint

so if Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for him he will tell them to do-one.....?

:lol:

I really hope we do not sell him. He signed a 6 year deal not that long ago. Why did he do that? he could have kept to his previous contract and no doubt have gotten his move this summer already. No one forced him to sign a new deal with us. No one put a gun to his head..

Edited by Batman

brillaint

so if Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for him he will tell them to do-one.....?

I really hope we do not sell him. He signed a 6 year deal not that long ago. Why did he do that? he could have kept to his previous contract and no doubt have gotten his move this summer already. No one forced him to sign a new deal with us. No one put a gun to his head..

I miss not having Cortese around to do do the contract deals. :scared:

brillaint

Agree completely

I'm interested to know how an article saying 'If Van Dijk goes he only wants to go to Liverpool' (something the Scousers have told us all summer), has turned into 'Van Dijk has told Southampton he wants to leave' and that a transfer request is imminent. I've never been to Merseyside, but Twitter and the like gives me the impression that it must be a ****ing weird place.

Can someone post the link where there are any direct quotes from VVD?

I know there is no smoke without fire but people are reacting like the stuff posted is gospel.

That idiot on talksport was saying he had stated he wants to leave but again, I haven't seen that quote direct from him or his agent?

I prefer to assume that even if he does want a double your pay move (who wouldn't) that he is professional enough to get on with his job until such time it happens even if it is next summer. As such I can't understand the hate for him by some fans?

It's just part of the game played by a stepping-stone club to ensure maximum value is achieved when the player moves on. The club knows it. The player knows it.

if VVD does tell our club and Liverpool he only wants to play for them that means the price we are likely to achieve is going to be reduced. Liverpool py less and so VVD and agent get more. I really dislike football, If it wasn't for Defoe and his actions footballers would really stink

As for the article saying Pellegrino want funds to buy, where the hell is the TV money ???

It's just part of the game played by a stepping-stone club to ensure maximum value is achieved when the player moves on. The club knows it. The player knows it.
Iagree, if weheld him to his contract it will mean other potential stars will think twice about joining us.

Agreed BUT when a player signs a deal for six years, not four, then he must expect the club to want to keep him for 2 years at least.

I'm sure another season at the SFC boot camp wont kill him :)

I'm interested to know how an article saying 'If Van Dijk goes he only wants to go to Liverpool' (something the Scousers have told us all summer), has turned into 'Van Dijk has told Southampton he wants to leave' and that a transfer request is imminent. I've never been to Merseyside, but Twitter and the like gives me the impression that it must be a ****ing weird place.

It's either agent or local media (or LFC ignoring warnings) desperately trying to create pressure. Whether it's with VVD's encouragement, I don't know.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There has been so much hype surrounding the player that it has become difficult now to remember how good he really was or is. Is he really the best CB in the world as the press would have us believe? For this reason next season could be a real test for him to live up to the hype.

He is certainly eye catching because of his height and long lazy strides which gives him such a speed advantage over most other players and his penchant for moving forward to support attacks but he was often caught out of position through his forays forward and sometimes guilty of poor shape discipline in his own half leading to conceding goals and often knackered towards the end of games.

We will see and I hope and expect that this will be at Southampton but don't be surprised if it all proves over time to be a little less than what everyone is expecting.

This will be dressed up as 'the manager came in and wanted funds to buy players, he sanctioned the sale of VVD to achieve this'. What Reed didn't want, was the northern filth to push through the buy before we could play out our little charade, so he could be in the clear, hence the reporting of them with no follow up to get them to back off.

Would love it if we'd grow some balls for once, but we seem to enjoy being the little cuckold guy to liverpool

This will be dressed up as 'the manager came in and wanted funds to buy players, he sanctioned the sale of VVD to achieve this'. What Reed didn't want, was the northern filth to push through the buy before we could play out our little charade, so he could be in the clear, hence the reporting of them with no follow up to get them to back off.

Would love it if we'd grow some balls for once, but we seem to enjoy being the little cuckold guy to liverpool

Stay out of the sun mate, it's not good for you.

Remember this is the same Agent that Les had a run in with last summer.

The story I was told goes that after "the lying dutchman" verbally agreed a £3m a year deal and went on holiday only to return with this new agent, who told Les that Everton were willing to offer £7m and that he wanted £4.5m a year to stay at Saints.

Les said no and the offer was still £3m a year. The Agent then said that his client would see out his final year of a contract and then leave and take players with him. Les again called his bluff and said he would be put on "gardening leave" for his final year.

I don't see Les giving way this year to the same agent. it's becoming a matter of principle.

I thought he couldn't sign for Liverpool because of us grassing them up?

I don't think there's a rule to say he can't sign for liverpool. They just apologised and withdrew their interest, but that's not to say they will not sign him if Saint's choose to sell. The only rule would be if The FA said Liverpool were not allowed to sign anyone for a period of time due to breaching rules. I reckon eventually he's going to end up a Liverpool...actually I just want him to go. We all go on about loyalty on here...my gut feeling is VVD hasn't shown a lot of that (just a gut feeling)

Remember this is the same Agent that Les had a run in with last summer.

The story I was told goes that after "the lying dutchman" verbally agreed a £3m a year deal and went on holiday only to return with this new agent, who told Les that Everton were willing to offer £7m and that he wanted £4.5m a year to stay at Saints.

Les said no and the offer was still £3m a year. The Agent then said that his client would see out his final year of a contract and then leave and take players with him. Les again called his bluff and said he would be put on "gardening leave" for his final year.

I don't see Les giving way this year to the same agent. it's becoming a matter of principle.

£3m a year is £57,000 per week

The Telegraph said Saints offered Koeman £86,000 per week.

Christ i'm now seeing Arsenal fans say that Chambers plus 30-40mil would get Van Dijk. One even said Chambers could turn into a real talent so they should loan him to us for a couple of seasons and give us 40mil for Van Dijk. Am I in a parallel universe? Or is this real life?

The FA simply have to get involved now.

The arrogance of Liverpool FC blatantly ignoring all acceptable behaviour is a challenge to FA rulings.

Liverpool's bullying tactics cannot be allowed to win out in this for the sake of all 'smaller' clubs.

They have absolutely wrecked our preseason preparations, destroyed the relationship between our captain with the club and the fans.

I am fed up with seeing this obvious Liverpool FC driven media campaign against us. It's as if clubs of our size are not allowed to have better players.

The arrogance of Liverpool FC blatantly ignoring all acceptable behaviour is a challenge to FA rulings.

Liverpool's bullying tactics cannot be allowed to win out in this for the sake of all 'smaller' clubs.

They have absolutely wrecked our preseason preparations, destroyed the relationship between our captain with the club and the fans.

I am fed up with seeing this obvious Liverpool FC driven media campaign against us. It's as if clubs of our size are not allowed to have better players.

The longer we don't press this issue with the FA, the more I think we'll sell him.

The longer we don't press this issue with the FA, the more I think we'll sell him.

Confusing two different governing bodies. It is the Premier League, not the FA that would deal with any transfer issue.

Think Liverpool are genuinely keeping their heads down, certainly from what their pet journos have said they won't do anything unless given some indication from us that we are willing to sell. This to me seems like something planted by Wasserman (Steve Bates isn't one of Liverpool's pets) as a sort of "please come back" plea, as right now Virgil has gone from having three clubs interested to none.

I must admit I'm a tad concussed about the current attitude regarding VVD. I thought that for 75% of last season we had pretty much concluded that he was so good it was inevitable that he would move on? I still think he's too good not to want champions League. That being said, I say sell him if we get circ 65K and invest the money in three replacements. He's not a one man team and we should of (bar a terrible decision) won a cup without him.

He will likely hand in a transfer request IMO.

Doesn't mean much. Fonte also handed one in last summer when Man Utd were in for him and he went nowhere. He forfeits his loyalty:lol:bonuses but in no way does it guarantee a move.

Doesn't mean much. Fonte also handed one in last summer when Man Utd were in for him and he went nowhere. He forfeits his loyalty:lol:bonuses but in no way does it guarantee a move.

kind of does, he was gone in 6 months

I must admit I'm a tad concussed about the current attitude regarding VVD. I thought that for 75% of last season we had pretty much concluded that he was so good it was inevitable that he would move on? I still think he's too good not to want champions League. That being said, I say sell him if we get circ 65K and invest the money in three replacements. He's not a one man team and we should of (bar a terrible decision) won a cup without him.

I was pretty much in the "let's try and keep him for one more year" camp last season. I think that Liverpool's behaviour has hardened a few attitudes on here, including mine. It may have increased the club's resolve.

I'm very much in the keep him band. remember we'd have to give celtic a cut too.

We'd not to be able to replace him with someone comparably good.

Plus if someone as unproven as Keane is going for 30m, then we're likely going have to spend a large chunk of the fee just to bring in someone with good pedigree.

Dear Mr Scudamore

What are you going to do about Liverpool FC and their pathetic blatant attempts at unsettling players using the local and national media ?

I suggest this is a topic at the next chairmans meeting because the situation is getting out of control.

Dear Mr Scudamore

What are you going to do about Liverpool FC and their pathetic blatant attempts at unsettling players using the local and national media ?

I suggest this is a topic at the next chairmans meeting because the situation is getting out of control.

This sort of stuff makes us look like a bunch of sad arses!

If he hands in a transfer request we refuse it, means nothing unless the club hold him to it when selling next summer and he then forfeits his bonuses etc. That would be quite funny actually bearing in mind he is almost nailed on to go next summer anyway.

As soon as the transfer window opened they should have just slapped a bid in. I don't understand why they don't do it that way. They'd have already sounded out whether he's interested or not . Personally I'd be quite happy if we never sold another player to them.id sooner take a few million less from other teams (I know that's not how business works).

As soon as the transfer window opened they should have just slapped a bid in. I don't understand why they don't do it that way. They'd have already sounded out whether he's interested or not . Personally I'd be quite happy if we never sold another player to them.id sooner take a few million less from other teams (I know that's not how business works).

Liverpool opted for "Strategy B" instead, which was to ward off all other interested clubs by planting all of that nonsense in the media last June. It was probably designed to bring his asking price down, but resulted in one ginormous cock up instead.

The press Know nothing in truth , most of it is fantasy and made up .......for the past three months we have been told Lukaku is signed up as Costas replacement today sky are reporting he has signed for man united ......

If VVD goes now it will be for 70 mil ish and tbh that has to be accepted ........He could turn badly on a Preseason do his ACL totally and never play again ....factor in that risk

The press Know nothing in truth , most of it is fantasy and made up .......for the past three months we have been told Lukaku is signed up as Costas replacement today sky are reporting he has signed for man united ......

If VVD goes now it will be for 70 mil ish and tbh that has to be accepted ........He could turn badly on a Preseason do his ACL totally and never play again ....factor in that risk

And you could get hit by a bus tomorrow on your way out of the house. Please allow for that risk Charlie.

Fear not, the only public comment from Liverpool is to say they are no longer interested in the player. Now an honorable club like Liverpool wouldn't lie would they?

The highly esteemed Premier league have investigated the matter and could find no evidence that that Liverpool had spoken to the player other than Klopp saying well done after the League cup semi final.

So unless Van Dyke was so star struck by the mighty Klopp saying well done he couldn't possibly be seeking a move to Anfield as he doesn't know what they are offering him.

If he were to go to Liverpool for less than £70m it would meen that both Liverpool and the Premier league are corrupt and the venerable FA would come down on them like a tonne of bricks. That is of course as long as the FA is not corrupt.

Oh well there is always FIFA.

Fear not, the only public comment from Liverpool is to say they are no longer interested in the player. Now an honorable club like Liverpool wouldn't lie would they?

The highly esteemed Premier league have investigated the matter and could find no evidence that that Liverpool had spoken to the player other than Klopp saying well done after the League cup semi final.

So unless Van Dyke was so star struck by the mighty Klopp saying well done he couldn't possibly be seeking a move to Anfield as he doesn't know what they are offering him.

If he were to go to Liverpool for less than £70m it would meen that both Liverpool and the Premier league are corrupt and the venerable FA would come down on them like a tonne of bricks. That is of course as long as the FA is not corrupt.

Oh well there is always FIFA.

[emoji106]