Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I'm getting a little worried now...

W were told that Van Djke was fit and in full training, but not CONTACT TRAINING...that's why he didn't play yesterday...

SO WHO IS THIS PLAYING IN A FULL CONTACT PRACTICE GAME ???

https://s3-sfc.thirdlight.com/file/43200963105/width=1050/height=550/fit=scale

As they're playing without shinpads, there's obviously not a lot of contact.

And, sorry, but when I see CAPITALS all over the place for emphasis, let alone RED [\COLOR] I immediately become suspicious.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

As they're playing without shinpads, there's obviously not a lot of contact.

And, sorry, but when I see CAPITALS all over the place for emphasis, let alone RED [\COLOR] I immediately become suspicious.

Maybe our players are just rock hard, no namby pamby shinpads for us. ☺️ We're the geordies of the south.

W were told that Van Djke was fit and in full training, but not CONTACT TRAINING...that's why he didn't play yesterday...

That photo on it's own doesn't prove it is full contact. They aren't wearing shin pads for a start.

Will you ever learn to spell his name correctly before he leaves? It is van Dijk, not Van Djke

Would never want Moreno, the first job of a fullback is to be able to defend. He's completely useless at that while not good enough to be a winger .

Yet he's played for Spain.

Stop parroting the pundits and think for yourself, set up correctly he'd do a decent job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Presumably that's just fitness and gym work etc.

Stop parroting the pundits and think for yourself, set up correctly he'd do a decent job

He was bad for Liverpool defensively before Klopp came in. I'm not quoting pundits, just using my own eyes from live to games.

Mediocre players can get international call ups, that doesn't mean he's anything other than flash with no defensive substance.

Said this on the match thread yesterday BEFORE VVD's social media post, but I know for a fact he is agitating for a move and that move is to Liverpool. He was talking to City and Chelsea but then he spoke to Klopp and that's where he wants to go. He's on strike. This 'not ready for full contact' is completely bogus. Hence his post yesterday. Call me a WUM or whatever, but I'm telling the truth. Time to sell and replace.

Said this on the match thread yesterday BEFORE VVD's social media post, but I know for a fact he is agitating for a move and that move is to Liverpool. He was talking to City and Chelsea but then he spoke to Klopp and that's where he wants to go. He's on strike. This 'not ready for full contact' is completely bogus. Hence his post yesterday. Call me a WUM or whatever, but I'm telling the truth. Time to sell and replace.

:lol: We'll find out next Saturday.

He was bad for Liverpool defensively before Klopp came in. I'm not quoting pundits, just using my own eyes from live to games.

Mediocre players can get international call ups, that doesn't mean he's anything other than flash with no defensive substance.

.... (Wrong quote)

1/10. Must try harder.

It comes down to the will of the club to resist Liverpool's predatory behaviour, and Pellegrino's willingness to manage a squad with a key player who has spent the summer agitating for a move. VVD's insistence on going to only Liverpool makes a move less likely.

That photo on it's own doesn't prove it is full contact. They aren't wearing shin pads for a start.

Will you ever learn to spell his name correctly before he leaves? It is van Dijk, not Van Djke

Shroppie sussed that out some time ago.

As for your grumpy way of questioning me about my spelling, that depends on how long he is here as to whether I learn to spell it as Van Dijk in time (at least you knew who we were talking about).

You have a rather a snappy disposition I notice in your replies to me. Cheer up, I have always found it better to be polite to people.

If he wants away that badly, sell him. Sell him to any club willing to pay the asking price but not to Liverpool under any circumstances.

My view is he will go and it won't cause me to lose any sleep. Been 'here' before and survived the nonesence.

I am the only one here who doesn't give a Shyte? If he wants to play for us, fine, if he doesn't, get rid. What is the problem? Oh and by the way I signed a permanent contract with my employers back in the day. If I'd wanted/needed to move to a different education authority I could have done so without penalty. How is he different? Regardless of the money, how many on here have switched jobs because it offers better prospects to be successful? Can't have it both ways! Also sick and tired of all the mongs on here dissecting and reading stuff into social media shyte. get a f**king life.

If he wants away that badly, sell him. Sell him to any club willing to pay the asking price but not to Liverpool under any circumstances.

My view is he will go and it won't cause me to lose any sleep. Been 'here' before and survived the nonesence.

Maybe he does want away, but the club have told him no, and if they hold firm, there's nothing he can do.

But there is actually no real evidence whatsoever that he's agitating for a move. Just incessant social media suggestions and the occasional bit of rehashing in the press.

I'm not saying he won't go, but wish there was a bit more discrimination on here, rather than reacting hysterically to every bit of trolling nonsense.

I am the only one here who doesn't give a Shyte? If he wants to play for us, fine, if he doesn't, get rid. What is the problem? Oh and by the way I signed a permanent contract with my employers back in the day. If I'd wanted/needed to move to a different education authority I could have done so without penalty. How is he different? Regardless of the money, how many on here have switched jobs because it offers better prospects to be successful? Can't have it both ways! Also sick and tired of all the mongs on here dissecting and reading stuff into social media shyte. get a f**king life.

Difference is that we paid around 13 million pounds for him, with all due respect but I doubt your employer paid that to require your services.

and what happens when a club doesn't want to meet our asking price?

Regardless of how much we paid that is the way the football industry works. Admittedly, not the same in education but the principle is the same. Sports people do not do it for loyalty, for them it's all about winning. With respect, VVD is unlikely to win much with Saints. Support the team/club not individuals. Anyone that thinks that we will be anything other than Prem also rans is frankly barking mad. Been the same since promotion to the top flight in 66, just the goalposts have changed in the meantime. We are only in a slightly better position than we were then. If you don't like it, go and support someone else.

Maybe he does want away, but the club have told him no, and if they hold firm, there's nothing he can do.

But there is actually no real evidence whatsoever that he's agitating for a move. Just incessant social media suggestions and the occasional bit of rehashing in the press.

I'm not saying he won't go, but wish there was a bit more discrimination on here, rather than reacting hysterically to every bit of trolling nonsense.

However this turns out, we (the club) should ask the FA to look at the whole matter, and supply them with evidence. It's obvious that Liverpool and their media chums are intent on 'torturing' us into submitting to their will. This is despite their public apology and promise to cease their chase for VvD.

The campaign to get our captain has been relentless. It could have soured the relationship, caused mistrust between player/fans/ club for a long time, and has completly disrupted the whole of our pre season preperations.

Bigger clubs should not be able to bully smaller clubs or show them the disrespect we have had to endure from them. VvD (maybe), and his agent, in particular, have also treated the club and us fans abysmally, signing a contract must mean something, and they have completley disregarded this.

FA Rules have been completely ignored. All clubs should adhere to those rules or there will be carnage every transfer window and contracts could be used in the player's toilets instead of toilet rolls for all the worth they are.

If the FA are to be taken seriously, new, stricter, and clearer rules should be bought in to make sure this cannot occur again. With meaningfull sanctions that will deter this type of behaviour.

Edited by patred44

There is no point, sporting och financially to sell this summer. We get the same amount (or possibly even more) next year. We have time to bed in Stephens and carefully choose our replacement. This attitude "just sell him if he wants to go" from some here is unbelievable..

There is no point, sporting och financially to sell this summer. We get the same amount (or possibly even more) next year. We have time to bed in Stephens and carefully choose our replacement. This attitude "just sell him if he wants to go" from some here is unbelievable..

Not unbelieveable, just realistic! I'm good if we stick firm like we did with MS and VW and hold out for another season just not holding my breath or worrying about it. Sorry far more important thing to get knickers in a twist about in life, and if not I repeat; Get a f**king life!

Would love it if the bin dippers missed out on both their top targets. It looks like Leipzig are standing firm on Keita and not willing to sell unless they receive a silly bid (£70m+).

Would Liverpool really splash around £140m on two players?

Yeah the Liverpool fans are awful when it comes to scapegoating players. They did the same with Sakho and surprise-surprise, he turned out to be absolutely class for Palace when he got the chance to play.

While other clubs (e.g Arsenal, Chelsea) are willing to pay £75 million, is it legal or illegal for VVD to play "Lovren" and Liverpool to say we are only willing to pay £50 million but will pay VVD £10 million as "loyalty" bonus?

In the piece, Klopp says he has the financial backing of the owners.

Would that be the same owners - John Henry's Fenway Sports Group - who said after they were caught with their trousers down, they would not pursue their interest in van Dyke to preserve's Liverpool's integrity?

Dfference is, you had a 4 week notice period in your contract. VVD doesn't, and was happy to sign it.

Dfference is, you had a 4 week notice period in your contract. VVD doesn't, and was happy to sign it.

Half a team to be exact. Resignation date for Sept 17 was June 1st. Point wasn't necessarily to compare two different occupations just to use it to emphasise that VVD has the same right to seek altenative employment if he feels it could advance his career by doing so, same as I could. Remuneration doesn't come in to it either, what does leave a nasty taste is the role of an agent pressing for a move to line his pockets.

Half a team to be exact. Resignation date for Sept 17 was June 1st. Point wasn't necessarily to compare two different occupations just to use it to emphasise that VVD has the same right to seek altenative employment if he feels it could advance his career by doing so, same as I could. Remuneration doesn't come in to it either, what does leave a nasty taste is the role of an agent pressing for a move to line his pockets.

Seriuosly the comparison with football and other jobs is just childish.

There's absolutely nothing stopping VvD finding work elsewhere if he doesn't want to play for us. We don't need to give up the registratation that would let him play for someone else though. Being a footballer isn't the only job on the planet, funnily enough.

There's absolutely nothing stopping VvD finding work elsewhere if he doesn't want to play for us. We don't need to give up the registratation that would let him play for someone else though. Being a footballer isn't the only job on the planet, funnily enough.

McDonald's?

Just had a weird moment, my Dutch neighbour here on holiday, just walked over the road and said that he just read in the Dutch press that VVD has put in a transfer request!?!

Not sure which paper he was reading might have been a Mickey mouse one, his English is limited by confidence so I couldn't press him for detail

I would have thought word would have gotten out on here if true??

Funny that there's been no sign of a transfer request. I'm not quite sure how these things work but I would have thought a transfer request would be the obvious move if leaving was so important to him. Oh but that's right, you forgo your 'loyalty' bonus if you hand one in. Joke.

McDonald's?

Just had a weird moment, my Dutch neighbour here on holiday, just walked over the road and said that he just read in the Dutch press that VVD has put in a transfer request!?!

Not sure which paper he was reading might have been a Mickey mouse one, his English is limited by confidence so I couldn't press him for detail

I was in Holland last week and a couple of papers were saying he's refusing to play in an attempt to force a move to Liverpool. The report said that Liverpool made an illegal approach and had been warned by the FA. They then issued a statement to say they were no longer interested but it's too late as the player's head has been turned and he is saying the only club he wants to play for is Liverpool. It goes on to say that it's a difficult situation because if he does go to Liverpool the FA will probably get involved and Liverpool may be charged.

I was in Holland last week and a couple of papers were saying he's refusing to play in an attempt to force a move to Liverpool. The report said that Liverpool made an illegal approach and had been warned by the FA. They then issued a statement to say they were no longer interested but it's too late as the player's head has been turned and he is saying the only club he wants to play for is Liverpool. It goes on to say that it's a difficult situation because if he does go to Liverpool the FA will probably get involved and Liverpool may be charged.

:rolleyes:

These refusing to play stories irritate me. I've no idea what Van Dijk actually wants, but if the rumours are true and he does want to leave, he's basically stuffed unless we agree. He shouldn't have signed a new long contract if he was getting itchy feet.

If if he only had say a year left on his contract then making a nuisance of himself might work, but even the best player in the world couldn't seriously strike for 5 years. If he plays badly and sulks for any length of time , all that will do is make him look a worse player, and eventually have the ironic effect of making him less attractive to other clubs who supposedly want him.

So, even if the want-away rumours are true, if saints play hard ball...... Tough!

That's always been the issue. If VVD tries to push through a transfer now, Liverpool will likely get a transfer ban. It would be interesting to see whether they may have to pay us additional compensation as their comments and tapping up have essentially made VVD less attractive to other clubs, and driven his price down (potentially).

As an aside, even if he did hand in a transfer request, we can always turn it down.

McDonald's?

Come on John Boy, he's Dutch. I think this is just an excuse not to talk to you ;)