Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Calm down, it's an internet forum with different points of view. To be honest, I look for his posts as they always have a little 'edge' to them. Nope, keep them coming Hels/Glasgow or whatever you call yourself:)

Thanks norm, appreciate the support. So much hate on here. Makes me sad

Too many people slagging the poster instead of the post itself.

Poor old Alpine gets the same treatment.

Neither of you are angels, but not agreeing with whatever you've posted doesn't give anybody the right to give you grief .

Anyway back on track .... nothing much has changed on The VVD situation ..... pretty much the same as what will happen next time certain posters air their views I guess. :mcinnes:

Don't really see Liverpool persisting with this. The price is too high and we don't want to sell anyway. So they've either to make Klopp get along with Sakho, which in my view is the most sensible option, or find another top CB available for a reasonable price. My money would be on 40/45 million for Varane.

Not sure why Varane would want to go to Liverpool tbh, he can and should be aiming higher.

Yep, but just the asking price. We've put a price on his head, and whether it's Liverpool or someone else, if it's matched, he'll go. We're well past talking about VVD as a £50million player - the Telegraph had an article rating him as the 13th best centre back in world football and he's still only just turned 26. If they really, really wanted him, they'd pay the money. Put up or shut up, and quit moaning about it in the newspapers. IF we don't get a bid we want, I think he'll stay for the next season. Personally I'd rather we never sold to Liverpool ever again after their tapping up revelations, but football is a business, and I suppose if we ever wanted a player from them it'd be wise not to close that avenue. Personally I'd sell him if we get anywhere close to the £70 million (I'm talking £65 million+) and reinvest - who knows how good he'll be after his injury or whether he'll be fully committed to the club all season.

Anyway, I've got a source that tells me Juventus's interest in VVD is true and they are seriously contemplating bidding for him to replace Bonucci. Let's hope that occurs. I'd love seeing Juventus at one of the giants of world football. (Not clubs clinging on to former glories from 30 years ago.:lol:)

(The last paragraph was written purely to wind up Liverpool fans. Don't take it to heart.)

:)

The fact is there ARE bargains still to be had and for good young players too, it's just that the big clubs are under pressure to pay big money to appease the fan base who want instant success. Will Hughes and Chalobah will be bargains for Watford for about £5 million each, Murphy at £12million will be for Newcastle IMO, I could go on. (To be honest I'm surprised the big 4/5/6 didn't break off and form their own Super league with the other big European clubs years ago such is their contempt for us smaller clubs.)

You could possibly put both Austin and Gabiaddini in that bargain category esp when it is the most over priced position there is.

Heard today that Vvd has got the sulk on as we have told him he will not be sold this season, basically what we all pretty much know.

The Club have pulled the Schniederlin/Wanyama card again. Be interesting to see if he acts as well as Schniederlin did come the start of the season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was out with a press bloke tonight, someone with connections at another premier league club. He claims our staff were "surprised" he wasn't fit for the last couple of weeks of the season. That he didn't exactly bust a gut to get fit & play for us again. Dutch players tend to be pretty single minded when it comes to only playing when fully fit, but bearing in mind what happened with Klopp,it is suspicions. Mate also said that the injury gives him a great excuse to play the arse without appearing to do so. If this non contact stuff continues, he's ****ing us about. Reckons Saints will sell to Liverpool, but only at a premium, claims it'll be the most expensive trip to Blackpool in history. Said VvD's agent knows the price & Liverpool won't pay it. However they're relaxed because they think we'll except less. I asked if it was fact or opinion & he said "mixture of both". Didn't push him too much on which was which because he can be a funny ****er sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souness says Liverpool must do everything in their power to get VVD. The git

Including getting a transfer ban? Their egos just can't cope with not being able to bully their way though anything.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

another day another ex-player...whats the odds for Kenny Daglish coming out and saying the same?

As far as I know, we haven't heard from Ian Rush, Alan Hanson and Lawro either yet. Do they think that the more scouse club has-beens they wheel out, the easier it will become to wear us down, until we eventually relent?

They don't seem to realise that increasingly they are becoming more of a laughing stock with every intervention.

Souness says Liverpool must do everything in their power to get VVD. The git

Not difficult. £75m will probably do it. Take it or leave it. Seems LFC want to pressure us into selling, although they seem not to understand we don't want to.

Not difficult. £75m will probably do it. Take it or leave it. Seems LFC want to pressure us into selling, although they seem not to understand we don't want to.

This. They simply can't believe we don't want to sell, don't need to sell. All the papers and pundits keep reminding everyone that were a selling club.

We are misbehaving very badly in not doing as we're told, firstly selling when told to and secondly accepting what Liverpool choose to offer. After all, who are we to value our own player?

This. They simply can't believe we don't want to sell, don't need to sell. All the papers and pundits keep reminding everyone that were a selling club.

We are misbehaving very badly in not doing as we're told, firstly selling when told to and secondly accepting what Liverpool choose to offer. After all, who are we to value our own player?

But Liverpool have said publically that they have no further interest in signing VVD

As honourable people surely we have to take these honest people at their word...surely!!!

They are also getting same from Keita signing offered £66m and turned down told not for sale....#CandleforVirgil #CandleforKeita always the victim.

I was out with a press bloke tonight, someone with connections at another premier league club. He claims our staff were "surprised" he wasn't fit for the last couple of weeks of the season. That he didn't exactly bust a gut to get fit & play for us again. Dutch players tend to be pretty single minded when it comes to only playing when fully fit, but bearing in mind what happened with Klopp,it is suspicions. Mate also said that the injury gives him a great excuse to play the arse without appearing to do so. If this non contact stuff continues, he's ****ing us about. Reckons Saints will sell to Liverpool, but only at a premium, claims it'll be the most expensive trip to Blackpool in history. Said VvD's agent knows the price & Liverpool won't pay it. However they're relaxed because they think we'll except less. I asked if it was fact or opinion & he said "mixture of both". Didn't push him too much on which was which because he can be a funny ****er sometimes.

This has been copied and pasted onto the RAWK site...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=335603.6320

But Liverpool have said publically that they have no further interest in signing VVD

As gullible people surely we are supposed to take these dishonest crooks at their word...surely!!!

A couple of typos in your post. Hope you don't mind the correction.

When Liverpool wants to pay 55m or more that's fine with me. No need to frustrate VVD, just buy Stefan de Vrij from Lazio and there's enough money left to get a creative midfielder or attacker.

£55m? You're joking.

This is what I've been told from my mates at Stoke & City today FWIW.

Saints have no intention of selling VVD. They've said so to Chelsea, City and the dippers.

The cash price to "think about it" is £75m, upfront, no add ons, which I think we'd all agree is an insane amount.

They were in agreement that someone will panic as August comes and agrees to meet the price but both agreed that he's very unlikely to go for less.

Don't be sad H. I may call you and Alp's cnts when you are being but it's not often. The biggest CNT on this board will no doubt respond to you as he does every time. The bloke has fk all to say apart from picking on others while crying about it if anyone says anything to him. He infests every thread and has been hanging out the back of Pamp's (who has a sense of humour and talks about football)for the last few months. He is a festering boil of malice and needs lancing. He will call for you to be banned and yet is only here to belittle others without cause. I have called him out but I think he now has me on ignore and fair play but why he can't ignore others is beyond me. I have thought about spending a fiver just to hound every post he makes as he does to others but that would make me as pathetic as him although it would be with good reason. I have found myself over at Paps more and more because of this irritant. His incessant Trolling works though. I've thought about behaving like him until I get banned but I enjoy this site.

Don't be sad H. I may call you and Alp's cnts when you are being but it's not often. The biggest CNT on this board will no doubt respond to you as he does every time. The bloke has fk all to say apart from picking on others while crying about it if anyone says anything to him. He infests every thread and has been hanging out the back of Pamp's (who has a sense of humour and talks about football)for the last few months. He is a festering boil of malice and needs lancing. He will call for you to be banned and yet is only here to belittle others without cause. I have called him out but I think he now has me on ignore and fair play but why he can't ignore others is beyond me. I have thought about spending a fiver just to hound every post he makes as he does to others but that would make me as pathetic as him although it would be with good reason. I have found myself over at Paps more and more because of this irritant. His incessant Trolling works though. I've thought about behaving like him until I get banned but I enjoy this site.

I will quote you so he can see this.

My advice, don't rise to it! Over the years many like him have come and gone. I try not to take things personally and stand behind all my posts - sometimes the guy you refer to does PM me (nasty stuff) and that does get me down and make me think whats the point.

I hate bullies and will not give up for a few bullies on here....

Thanks for your support

COYR

Saints have no intention of selling VVD. They've said so to Chelsea, City and the dippers.

The cash price to "think about it" is £75m, upfront, no add ons, which I think we'd all agree is an insane amount.

They were in agreement that someone will panic as August comes and agrees to meet the price but both agreed that he's very unlikely to go for less.

Thanks for sharing - hope this is the clubs position, still a chance that somebody might stump up the stupid money, but if that were the case we would be made to not consider it.

Backs up what I've been told, we won't be selling him. My info comes from someone within the club aswell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd still be pleased if Les stretched a point, and got a VVD replacement in now. We don't want to be scrabble around end of August with £75m burning whole in pocket, and even if that don't happen, you'd think he'd still prob be off next yr. Would seem sensible, if the Finances are in place etc.

Thanks for the info. I personally reckon we'd take £70m if somebody did come in with a late 'OVNO' at the end of August.

I'd still be pleased if Les stretched a point, and got a VVD replacement in now. We don't want to be scrabble around end of August with £75m burning whole in pocket, and even if that don't happen, you'd think he'd still prob be off next yr. Would seem sensible, if the Finances are in place etc.

Don't see why, he will still have 4 years left on his contract. And with a possible takeover, any gentlemen's agreement made about letting him leave next year wouldn't be worth the paper it's not written on (though why we would do such a thing when we don't have to is beyond me).

The thing that makes me think this is very true is the fact that we do not appear to be shopping seriously for a quality replacement. As much as the club tries to keep its business quiet, agents have big mouths when it suits them - it's their #1 tactic. If we were expecting to be down-VVD but up sixty million quid we'd be seeing a lot more links with quality central defenders.

Forget what has happened in the past. The club knows that Yoshida and Stephens are okay but not Top 6 standard, so there's no way that we'd let VvD go unless we had lined up a quality CB.

And the longer this goes on, the less likely it is that VvD will end up at Liverpool. Or anywhere else. And then the sh*t will be hitting Klopp's fan.

We should treat in a similar fashion to how Dortmund have with Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. There's a cut off, and beyond that he won't be allowed to leave under any circumstance.

Essential.

In fact, IMO we have passed that cut-off point. The speed we work at, getting replacements is painfully slow. 6 months between Pelle, and his replacement, Gabbiadini.

And still waiting for Jose Fonte's replacement unless you consider it to be the Polish lad.

What was his injury? Not sure I ever heard the OFFICIAL verdict.

It was a rat faced git injury, inflicted by some tosser who I hope gets one that keeps him out just as long and impacts on his club as much as it did ours. (don't know the latin term)

Essential.

In fact, IMO we have passed that cut-off point. The speed we work at, getting replacements is painfully slow. 6 months between Pelle, and his replacement, Gabbiadini.

And still waiting for Jose Fonte's replacement unless you consider it to be the Polish lad.

I thought that Austin was the designated preemptive Pelle replacement?