Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

It was a rat faced git injury, inflicted by some tosser who I hope gets one that keeps him out just as long and impacts on his club as much as it did ours. (don't know the latin term)

Luckily I studied Latin, the phase you are looking for is ****tiuscrappiusplayerus. HTH.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Liverpool fans are funny.

It's like the ****wits think the only possible thing we can offer a player is the opportunity to move to a 'bigger' club. That we'll have to sell van Dijk or no one will ever sign for us again.

I initially thought it was a broken metatarsal, but it seemed to be referred to as ankle, so I'm not sure either.

If you watch the footage of when the injury was (deliberately) inflicted it was a clear stamp on the ankle joint. I remember watching it in slow-mo as it bent the wrong way. Really callous thing to do to a fellow player when the ball had clearly departed the vicinity. Dunno how he escaped sanction

If you watch the footage of when the injury was (deliberately) inflicted it was a clear stamp on the ankle joint. I remember watching it in slow-mo as it bent the wrong way. Really callous thing to do to a fellow player when the ball had clearly departed the vicinity. Dunno how he escaped sanction

Perhaps because he was the England centre forward at the time. Long history of England internationals getting away with murder

Joseph Musker @JosephMusker

·

3m

Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton he wishes to join Liverpool, as he bids to force through a move to Anfield.

Harry Potter @fullof******s

-

5m

Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton he thinks Liverpool smells of **** and he think Klippity Klop is a fruitcake.

Wow, it's so easy to do this BJB.

·

3m

Virgil van Dijk has told Southampton he wishes to join Liverpool, as he bids to force through a move to Anfield.

I'm sure you can get him if you cough up £75m. Not really a difficult concept. All this prevaricating from your side is a tad pointless.

So Van Dijk wants to go to a team that hasn't put in a bid for him and who has publicly said they would be ending all interest in the player. Wonder how he came to that decision? Talked into it perhaps? I mean it's not like Liverpool have a history of tapping up players and have had to already apologise for this sort of behaviour already this window....oh wait...

And that's why he ultimately won't go to Liverpool - not because we are being stubborn or don't 'know our place' but because Liverpool seem to think the rules don't apply to them as they are such a big club. Well tough luck, you brought it on yourselves this time and if there's any chance at all of them getting him you better believe it will be on our terms.

there is one extra thing to put into the mix, we assume he will be the same player after his injury

Well, Liverpool certainly seem to think he will!

Interesting that Chelsea's new midfielder is in a similar situation but has had surgery and the deal went through.

I don't think that the club ever came out and disclosed publicly the exact nature of his injury.

It was all most bizarre, and not forgetting he CARRIED ON playing after it. Yet he still can't appear to run some 5 months later...

·

3m

And Southampton have reminded Virgil van Dijk that he is contracted to them for the next five years, Liverpool have made no offer and have publicly declared they have no further interest in him, as they are allegedly guilty of tapping-up and will be punished if they pursue him.

And they also enquire why he thinks Liverpool are interested since there has been no legal contact.

And finally, they respectfully suggest that Liverpool should p!ss off and stop their bullying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·

3m

Southampton have told Virgil van Dijk he will not be sold.

See, I can write a sentence too.

Hoping we can get a top class CB in plus a couple of good first team players and tell VVD he can leave for 75m.

This way we won't be overpriced on buying players plus we get rid of a **** that wants out.

Don't see us getting 75 million for him. 50 million or Liverpool will probably move along to other targets, if they haven't already..

We'll get £75m or he won't go.

He won't go at that price and we'll see what happens afterwards then. Everybody should be content with that solution.

We keep a player we don't want to sell so we're obviously confident of the outcome.

it will be interesting to how long Van Dijk can go along with this 'injury'. Will he start contact training in time to play any pre season friendlies ?? By all accounts, he should have been fit to have played the last two games of last season.

So this 'work to rule' seems to have been a plan for some time.

it will be interesting to how long Van Dijk can go along with this 'injury'. Will he start contact training in time to play any pre season friendlies ?? By all accounts, he should have been fit to have played the last two games of last season.

This is ******s. He wasn't fit. End of.

I'd want £75m cash in sequential £5 notes each note folded into an origami crane then he can go !

with a carefully selected batch of the dicks on social media asked to do the work...in boxing gloves.

It's a theory, but unlikely. What was the point of playing him in the last two, pretty meaningless games, as the risk of aggravating the injury?

And the club have said they're easing him back into contact work very carefully. It's not as though they need to see him in pre-season to decide if he's good enough for the team. And if he's on any sort of strike, would he be training at all, let alone on a pre-season tour?

I assume you're suggesting he's declaring himself unfit for each game. I would have thought our fitness team would be judges of that. But, if he hasn't played before the season proper starts, without good and convincing argument, then I'll start wondering.

"We don’t sell any of our players just to get money. Lately we got a €75m offer for Naby Keïta. No way! He has a contract and he will fulfil it. To sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too."

It is a bit hardline, but I largely approved of the underlying stance when I read it (owner of Leipzig).

There are zero accounts that he was fit to play end of last season. Why do people continue to post such absolute horse****. He is not "on strike" or working to rule. It is perfectly reasonable that he is still not quite ready for full involvement in a match but able to train with and without a ball.

I think this could be quite defining of us as a club. If we can keep him and get him playing well for us for another season it will be a big success. Selling him at any price now will be seen as weakness. Even if we can get £75m now, there's no reason why we can get it next season instead.

"We don’t sell any of our players just to get money. Lately we got a €75m offer for Naby Keïta. No way! He has a contract and he will fulfil it. To sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too."

It is a bit hardline, but I largely approved of the underlying stance when I read it (owner of Leipzig).

Easy to say for someone who has a net worth of around $17B

Will be embarrassing for us fans if we do now sell.

All the fans on Twitter, Facebook and TalkSport defending the clubs stance.

If Reed n Co buckle now they have let us fans down again.

Would you be happy to retract your many criticisms of Les Reed if VVD does indeed stay?

Yep - I'd feel hugely embarrassed - don't know if I would be able to face the world ever again - could be total devastation for thousands of fans.

Get a grip you divot, there isn't a player bigger than the club.

VVD will be staying

I sincerely hope that you are correct - but at the end of the day, if he goes, it isn't the end of the world. I work with a Liverpool fan and we've already said that we think its more likely that he will start the season with them than with us. I will be gutted if that is the case, but we've been through this over and over and at the end of the day we just deal with it. Will I be embarrassed at all. No, probably not, Ill probably be just a little smug in that the club have managed to find yet another gem and do great business on it. Move on. Next.

Virgil van Dijk has told

It's that language you use to disasociate yourself from something.. "Mum, the bathroom window has been broken"..

I've seen no direct quotes from VvD, no statements from Liverpool, none from Southampton saying "I broke the bathroom window". I shall ignore the social media sheet-stirring, particularly coming from Liverpool, and if something happens it happens. Life's too short..

How would you feel if we got 75m for him? Would you change you're stance on LR or would he still be the spawn of the devil?

How would you feel if we got 75m for him? Would you change you're stance on LR or would he still be the spawn of the devil?

He will contend that the money has all gone into Liebherr's pocket so the bigger the sales price, the worse the offense.

I wonder if the accusations of tapping by Monaco of Mbappe will expose more cases, or wonder whether it will help us with regard to the Liverpoo/VVD situation. If something happens with the Mbappe case, surely the Premier League have to take our complaint more seriously. And if that's the case, surely it makes Liverpool's pursuit of VVD untenable?

The longer this transfer saga goes on the more I can see we hold all the cards. We'll get the money we want if he does go, that's for sure.

Bonucci's move to Milan was made official today. I'm waiting to see what Juve do next... :)