Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Apparently thrown a strop this morning and although he is at Staplewood, he isn't actually training.

Source has said although in the past couple of days it looked as though he was 100% off, he is now fully expecting him to stay. Still expecting a late bid from Liverpool but unless it's well above what's anticipated, we wont be selling.

New player is an attacker. No been told who, but apparently he will be "around the first team, high potential".

Apparently thrown a strop this morning and although he is at Staplewood, he isn't actually training.

Source has said although in the past couple of days it looked as though he was 100% off, he is now fully expecting him to stay. Still expecting a late bid from Liverpool but unless it's well above what's anticipated, we wont be selling.

New player is an attacker. No been told who, but apparently he will be "around the first team, high potential".

Backtracking now? ;)

Thought he had gone on holiday for 4 days, oh well guess he couldn't afford the flights

VVD is 1.4 to stay with us, put into context I got on Mayweather at 1.25

Bookies suggest he's twice as likely to stay as he is to go.

Yea, 1/2 on Betfair to stay with us. I bet about once a year, but if we trust the club then surely I can turn £500 into £1000, right? :lol:

I'd be happy if it is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

meh on vietto from me. his goal record isnt that great for a forward and doesnt look anywhere near as good as gabbiadini or as good as boufal before we signed him if we are thinking of playing him elsewhere.. looks more a juanmi type to me

meh on vietto from me. his goal record isnt that great for a forward and doesnt look anywhere near as good as gabbiadini or as good as boufal before we signed him if we are thinking of playing him elsewhere.. looks more a juanmi type to me

What odds can I get on someone saying "meh" to whoever we sign?

I think VVD will stay. Krueger's media piece a couple of weeks ago was too outright for the club to let him go now. But stranger things have happened...

A January or summer 2018 move is a different thing altogether, but I think he will end up having to swallow his pride and "do a Schneiderlin". Then everyone can walk away happy.

He is staying I'm told. No acceptable bids are expected today. Be interesting too see how this plays out over the next few weeks and months.

Expect one incoming to get over the line today.

Happy Transfer deadline day

AMAZING. Another 'ITK' announcement after major media outlets report same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Guardian final transfer day blog by David Hytner:

Southampton’s position over Virgil Van Dijk remains unequivocal. He is going nowhere today – not to Liverpool and not to any other top club. Liverpool have been unable to initiate any talks with Southampton in recent weeks, after the warning they got from the Premier League for tapping up Van Dijk earlier in the summer, and Southampton have certainly not gone to them. There has been zero contact between the clubs and that will remain the case today – it has to, in light of the sensitivity over the tapping-up – and it means that there is zero chance of a deal. Southampton remain confident of reintegrating Van Dijk into the team after the window shuts.

How can it look like a player is 100% off without any bids being made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Composing an email to send to the mods to say what the outcome of today will be so that his ITK credentials can be corroborated and thus sticking two fingers up at the doubters.... ;)

#onlyjoshing

I don't seem to be able to send PM's. When I click Send new message it says I don't have permission. Any suggestions?

I see that Ox has now signed for Liverpool. Is the new trend/trick 'I only want to play for Liverpool' that gets the price down for the buyer

Probably, with the player/agent pocketing half the difference. Pretty mucky

Offer him to Man City or Chelsea at stupid price just to get rid. He'll be sulking with us for the next 4 months till the jan sales again, so better off getting rid imo.

If they were interested they'd be putting in at least reasonably serious bids already wouldn't they? Neither of them would seem to want him overmuch. He's toxic and will need to re-prove himself before any club other than Liverpool seriously considers giving us a lot of money to obtain his services.

The idea that VVD would put in sub-par performances for us after the window shuts doesn't really make sense. He needs to play football to continue to put himself in the shop window. If he consistantly plays badly, I would imagine interest in him would significantly die down.

If he does decide to sulk on the bench and push for a move in Jan, that will mean nearly a year out of 1st team football - I'm not sure that's in his best interest if he wants a big move.

That statement from a few weeks ago is looking as stupid now as it did then.

My guess is that we've agreed to sell him next summer, as long as he gets his head down for the next 12 months and apologises to board/manager. This gives us time to identify targets without looking desperate post-sale

I won't boo him but I won't look back at his time here as favourably as it could have been. A professional attitude like Mane wouldn't have gone amiss and would have stood him in good stead.

I don't buy this idea that he'll be having a massive sulk. Yes, he may well have the hump for a few days/weeks if he has to stay, but he'll get over it! What is the alternative? Acting like a complete tool and ruining his career?

At the moment he needs to get himself fit and back in the team. It hasn't gone unnoticed that the club has given new deals to Yoshida and Stephens this summer; can't help but feel that a small part of the club's thinking there at least is to give VVD the message that he won't be walking back in without any challenge.

1) Pay a fiver

2) Respond to the email I have just send you to your registered email.

I remain puzzled as to what the need for paying for this forum. How many other clubs have their main forum where you have to pay to post more than 3 times per day? This site isn't that busy. Plus, Steve isn't even using particularly good forum software, other club forums have better features.