Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Honestly? Can't you people read? He doesn't say he is back in full training. He says he is fully fit and in full training with the ball - which is the next step toward full contact . MP said in his interview they are stepping up the contact side but doing it bit by bit.

I think VVD knows exactly what he is doing by not simply coming out and saying he is staying. It's just so much fun (and easy, apparently) to wind the fans up a bit. all harmless fun.

VVD was mentioned by footy agent Phil Smith, who was on Talksport for an hour with Simon Jordan and Danny Kelly this evening. Made for a good listen actually: Jordan clearly dislikes agents, and though I hate to say it, is pretty interesting.

The agent guy was asked about agents having a vested interest in trying to get their clients to move, in order to get the big pay-day that goes with negotiating a deal. He answered by starting: "Well, take VVD for example...."

Not sure if the audio was dropped, but he didn't get beyond saying that. Although VVDs name came up later on too (couldn't hear the context.....car full of noisy women!)

Perhaps nothing groundbreaking here......but I found it interesting.

VVD was mentioned by footy agent Phil Smith, who was on Talksport for an hour with Simon Jordan and Danny Kelly this evening. Made for a good listen actually: Jordan clearly dislikes agents, and though I hate to say it, is pretty interesting.

The agent guy was asked about agents having a vested interest in trying to get their clients to move, in order to get the big pay-day that goes with negotiating a deal. He answered by starting: "Well, take VVD for example...."

Not sure if the audio was dropped, but he didn't get beyond saying that. Although VVDs name came up later on too (couldn't hear the context.....car full of noisy women!)

Perhaps nothing groundbreaking here......but I found it interesting.

He said the takeover situation means nothing is happening on vvd at the moment. 3 players untouchable until it gets concluded either way. I would guess Bertrand and cedric the other two.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

He said the takeover situation means nothing is happening on vvd at the moment. 3 players untouchable until it gets concluded either way. I would guess Bertrand and cedric the other two.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thanks. Missed that bit.

Thats the näive view.

He is saying he is fully fit and in full training. We are saying he isnt playing because he isn't training fully in contact aspects of the game.

Interesting that the only other first team player not in the squad is Ryan Bertrand...

Fully fit (cardio and not injured to the point of feeling pain) and in full training with the ball (kicking the ball, training with the team, but not necessarily in match situations) doesn't contradict anything Saints have said.

Bertrand is one of a number of internationals not back yet.

Champions league means fucj all to these guys. Its just a nice excuse.

Its all about the money.

He was in the champions league ever year with celtic - when we came knocking and doubled his wages he soon forgot his passion for the champions league.

Fully fit (cardio and not injured to the point of feeling pain) and in full training with the ball (kicking the ball, training with the team, but not necessarily in match situations) doesn't contradict anything Saints have said.

Bertrand is one of a number of internationals not back yet.

Bertrand has had a weeks training and only sat out yesterday with slight hammy

Odds on going to Liverpool are even shorter now. 1/3 Liverpool 11/4 to stay at Saints. So about a 75% chance of going, 25% staying. I know these aren't strong betting markets but a significant move over the last day or so from the previous position of around 50/50.

Odds on going to Liverpool are even shorter now. 1/3 Liverpool 11/4 to stay at Saints. So about a 75% chance of going, 25% staying. I know these aren't strong betting markets but a significant move over the last day or so from the previous position of around 50/50.

Am I the only one who thinks betting odds on transfers are stupid and this is meaningless?

All it does mean is, plenty of idiots have read random and bogus Tweets and lumped money on, bringing down the odds, much to the delight of the betting firms.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who thinks betting odds on transfers are stupid and this is meaningless?

All it does mean is, plenty of idiots have read random and bogus Tweets and lumped money on, bringing down the odds, much to the delight of the betting firms.

No you're not. Betting on transfers, manager appointments etc is just another way that bookies and the like have invented to separate idiots from their money. Greed will always have an effect on part of the populace. But whilst the government taxes gambling there will be no action against something which is obviously not right. Me personally, I wouldn't give any benefits to those who gamble or smoke. It would be quite interesting to know just how much profit Sky subsidaries make from football related betting.

Edited by Window Cleaner

And whats the odds for Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona?

No you're not. Betting on transfers, manager appointments etc is just another way that bookies and the like have invented to separate idiots from their money. Greed will always have an effect on part of the populace. But whilst the government taxes gambling there will be no action against something which is obviously not right. Me personally, I wouldn't give any benefits to those who gamble or smoke. It would be quite interesting to know just how much profit Sky subsidaries make from football related betting.

I've said it before, but I'm amazed that Sky can use their "sources" to start a rumour and encourage betting, reduce the odds to give the impression that lots are betting on it and it's likely to happen. Then, of course, if they find it really is on, they quickly close the market.

Otherwise, when (as usually happens), the rumours turn out to be rubbish, they drop the story with no explanation, no penalty and a good profit.

I think it would be very interesting to see if he's so desperate to go to Liverpool if we could get him to stay 1 more year & they didn't qualify for the Champions League the following season. Would be really daft if he still insisted on going to Liverpool' date=' then.[/quote']

Heard a rumour yesterday that VVD has been offered a similar deal to Schneiderlin when he wanted away ie stay another year (when hopefully player value increases) and be paid a 'loyalty' bonus.

Understand that Schneiderlin's was approx. £2m and VVD's offer expected to be substantially more

No mate, you are correct................ Fools and their money , easily parted

you are all wrong....

he is fully fit, he is kicking a ball.

It now remains to get him fully contact fit.

That will mean getting him to play several 6 a side games against ratboy Vardy.

So expect the Saints to bid for Vardy this week.

I'm just off down to the bookies to put my pension on Saints signing Vardy

:D there.. that's SCOUSER type logic for you......:smug:

I have said since the end of last season that i do not expect VVD to be anywhere other than at Saints for the start of this season and i have seen absolutely nothing to change my mind about that.....even that pathetic LFC attempts to get him were never going to work.

We hold all the aces and always have done from the moment he signed the new contract. He is ours unless a ridiculous bid comes in for him and then in those circumstances i would be happy to see him go.

I have no respect for the modern footballer. In the main they are nothing but mercenaries that couldn't give a crap about the club they play for. All they care about is the stupid amount of money they can earn.

I will always support my team.....support the player....not any longer.

Heard a rumour yesterday that VVD has been offered a similar deal to Schneiderlin when he wanted away ie stay another year (when hopefully player value increases) and be paid a 'loyalty' bonus.

Understand that Schneiderlin's was approx. £2m and VVD's offer expected to be substantially more

A loyalty bonus!? That's a misnomer. They could just say we aren't selling and you have a contract with us to play football.

I have said since the end of last season that i do not expect VVD to be anywhere other than at Saints for the start of this season and i have seen absolutely nothing to change my mind about that.....even that pathetic LFC attempts to get him were never going to work.

We hold all the aces and always have done from the moment he signed the new contract. He is ours unless a ridiculous bid comes in for him and then in those circumstances i would be happy to see him go.

I have no respect for the modern footballer. In the main they are nothing but mercenaries that couldn't give a crap about the club they play for. All they care about is the stupid amount of money they can earn.

I will always support my team.....support the player....not any longer.

I get what you mean, but still think its a bit harsh.

I support the team, and the team is nothing but the players in it. Money isn't everything but lets not trick ourselves that it doesn't plays an important role in all our lives and will always affect our life choices, football player or not. When the careers over you wished you took the best deal possible. For neutrals it would be a no-brainer for VVD to leave us, both for money- and sporting reasons.

As long as VVD conduct himself in this saga i respect him and grateful for his contribution (and the big pile of cash he's gonna bring into the club).

yeah the odds on transfers and next managers are very sensitive. The simple reason is the bookies don't have a clue so they are on high alert as soon as someone parts with as much as even a tenner. If someone wanted to bet an 11/4 shot to win a football match they would take it all day long. If i was to go and put 100 pounds now on VVD to stay theyd be running scared and shorten it to evens. So yes, ignore these markets as they are largely meaningless.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok, here's one for you. Would you swap him for Sturridge & Sakho?

No. Could get better value by just taking the money.

I think he will go and is obviously still pushing for it.

No coincidence that that the two players heavily linked with moves away were the only two not to feature in the friendly. VVD social media stuff pretty poor and having pictures taken yesterday with Liverpool fans also quite disrespectful to fans of Southampton. We pay him a fortune and are entitled to more IMO.

No. Could get better value by just taking the money.

I think he will go and is obviously still pushing for it.

No coincidence that that the two players heavily linked with moves away were the only two not to feature in the friendly. VVD social media stuff pretty poor and having pictures taken yesterday with Liverpool fans also quite disrespectful to fans of Southampton. We pay him a fortune and are entitled to more IMO.

Liverpool still d*cking around. Just make a bid FFS.

I actually used to quite like Liverpool back in their Keegan/Toshack days....hate the Scouse bastards now. Arrogant "do what we like and get away with it" attitude....mind you that ties in with the hub-cap nicking mentality I suppose....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok it's the Sun....but running an 'exclusive'...he's just about ready to hand in that inevitable transfer request....to push through a £60m deal.

Lots of holes in the 'exclusive' though.

The Sun, the paper that is almost banned in Liverpool. Probably about the least credible source for such a story.

Guess you are getting mixed up with Redmond. Redmond, Cedric, Prowse, Stephens and Targett back tomorrow I believe.

Had assumed all internationals (except Long) were back tomorrow, appears one or two might be back already... ;)

Ok it's the Sun....but running an 'exclusive'...he's just about ready to hand in that inevitable transfer request....to push through a £60m deal.

Lots of holes in the 'exclusive' though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's even got two different ages in the same article. And the transfer request but is not that he is going to, but "could even do it".

I suggest they're just following the pattern adopted so often and as nothing's happening, put out the idea that he'll put in the request. No evidence at all.

And has Pellegrino said he wouldn't stand in VVD's way? Don't recall that.

Why would he? It's not all delighted to stay or definitely going. What if he'd quite like a move to a big club but is happy to stay and get on with it for another season if a deal isn't agreed?

Isn't that the most likely? If people want 100% commitment to our club we're not going to have many top players are we.

Fair enough. I'll accept he'll not close any doors.

I've said it before, but I'm amazed that Sky can use their "sources" to start a rumour and encourage betting, reduce the odds to give the impression that lots are betting on it and it's likely to happen. Then, of course, if they find it really is on, they quickly close the market.

Otherwise, when (as usually happens), the rumours turn out to be rubbish, they drop the story with no explanation, no penalty and a good profit.

I accept these are weak markets and it doesn't take a huge amount of money to move one way or another but there's always two sides to this. If the odds shorten on one outcome then they lengthen elsewhere. The hype may encourage a flurry of activity but if you believe it's all bull**** then you should back the other outcome. e.g. fill your boots with 11/4 VVD to stay at Saints. Personally I'm in the camp no smoke without fire and think he's off.

Ok, here's one for you. Would you swap him for Sturridge & Sakho?

On his day Sturridge is the most naturally gifted English forward. The problem is those days don't come around often enough. Sakho is dog shiete with the ball at his feet & gets exposed if the full backs push on. So it's a no from me.

IF we're looking for a swap as part of any deal & IF Bertrand is on his bike, I'd take Moreno. He gets bad press because he's in a terrible defence & Klopp can't set them up right. In the right team he'd be a good asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would never want Moreno, the first job of a fullback is to be able to defend. He's completely useless at that while not good enough to be a winger.

There's not a deal I see out there I'd want to take for van dijk especially Liverpool options. We'd be vastly weakening our centre back position which whilst Stephens is developing isn't something I want to see this season.

The Sun, the paper that is almost banned in Liverpool. Probably about the least credible source for such a story.

No way should we be selling for £60M. Don't want him to go, but if he wants out fine, pay the going rate. VVD has been touted as the best CB in the PL for the last year or so. Don't think Walker was talked about in the same wane at RB? And if Lukaku is worth £115M (75+15 add on + 10 for WR + WR first year wages 15M), than arguably VVD is worth more at the other end of the pitch keeping the goals out (and much younger). So £75M would seem a good deal all round. If we sell on the cheap then it speaks volumes about our true "Southampton Way" ambitions!