Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I don't understand the vitriol people get for posting snippets of what they believe to be inside info. There are many factors as to why you could turn out to be wrong, and the least likely factor is that you are lying.

I hope you are wrong, I suspect that VVD is trying to leave but I'm 80% sure he won't. I do know that the club haven't planned for it financially. I expect two more player sales, neither of them VVD, and 4 more incoming players. However this info was given to me before MoPe started his role so he could have influenced this in one way or another.

I also know that the majority of players are MUCH happier with MoPe than they were with Clod. I can also confirm that Jo Tessem is punching. His bird fit. (Tessem is not my source)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you allowed to say who those two players are? Guessing the incoming ones are a bit more delicate, do you know specific identities or just certain positions?

It makes perfect sense really - he has a looong contract and so is not guaranteed a move, he needs work on his fitness regardless of who he plays for, he is captain and may be a reasonably normal bloke who wants to go but knows if he stays (a la Morgan/Victor) he needs to work hard and secure his move next yr. Sigurddson has had suitors every single transfer window and has been happy to stay - this time things are different and so hes staying to sort his future out. VVD wants liverpool and if its agreed his agent can sort the rest. Im assuming refusing to go on tour would lose him any bonus in the same way a transfer request would because its tantamount to the same thing. Who knows whats going on but dont think his location proves much at the mo

So he is half on strike when it suits him?

Agree - anything slightly negative is jumped on by the usual suspects either calling you a troll or making up bullsh*t.

FWIW I tend to believe Tom a few bits from what he has posted matches what I've been told (as I said previously, I've not been told that he's on strike, but that doesn't make it not true).

It's down to you if you believe what you read, but from what I've been told, VVD wants to leave (to join Liverpool) and that he/his agent is pushing for a move.

You are kidding people usual jump on anything negative, about the club, around here with barely disguised glee.....apart from Always and MLG.

yes! In your comment youre comfortable with him being both "on strike" and "training on his own". Thats the exact same thing as being half on strike when it suits him! Deliberately being obtuse - we dont know the details but someone who is on strike staying with the squad isnt that ridiculous becuase although he wants to move he knows his hand is weak and hes not idiot enough to try to burn all his bridges

Echo says VVD unlikely to feature versus Brentford this weekend.

Training for about a month but can't play 45mins of a friendly? Not buying it personally...there is clearly a problem with him.

The other Echo article from today is a PR piece about how much we will be able to get by selling him due to the crazy market.

Still think Liverpool or someone else will stump up the money because he is top class. We aren't in the habit of rejecting sizeable bids for players and there is no way we would turn down a genuine bid of £70m for a player who has made his feelings quite clear.

I looked at the second Echo article, which talks about the club's "extremely strong hand" in any potential VVD deal. It read like someone at the Echo is laying track down towards a future sale, to me. The odd thing was the Liverpool Echo published a bit yesterday, where the writer expressed doubt that Liverpool's VVD and Kieta pursuits would be successful. Who the hell knows what's happening...

Are you allowed to say who those two players are? Guessing the incoming ones are a bit more delicate, do you know specific identities or just certain positions?

Sorry mate, I know nothing more than what I previously said. This was from the point of view of financial planning, the chap basically said that funds were allocated for five signings. He also said that there was expected income for 3 players. He only said when asked that VVD was not a planned departure from a financial point of view.

Unless my chain was being yanked which I'm fairly sure it wasn't, I would take the above as just financial planning and nothing more. These things change of course, no plan is ever set in stone and in any business one would expect to be fully adaptable and prepared for changing circumstances.

As I recall Tom28 was on the money over the Luke Shaw deal. Sometimes posters get pelters for posting stuff that isn't palatable. Time will tell if your info was legit and thanks for sharing

He's getting pelters because he was wrong before. He said he was going to Chelsea, then said 100% Liverpool weren't interested. Wrong on both counts. Also, calling people "mugs" comes from someone who is on the wind-up, not because he has genuine information to share.

I don't understand the vitriol people get for posting snippets of what they believe to be inside info. There are many factors as to why you could turn out to be wrong, and the least likely factor is that you are lying.

I hope you are wrong, I suspect that VVD is trying to leave but I'm 80% sure he won't. I do know that the club haven't planned for it financially. I expect two more player sales, neither of them VVD, and 4 more incoming players. However this info was given to me before MoPe started his role so he could have influenced this in one way or another.

I also know that the majority of players are MUCH happier with MoPe than they were with Clod. I can also confirm that Jo Tessem is punching. His bird fit. (Tessem is not my source)

Thanks for the info....bit what does the Tessem bit mean?!

No, but coming back from a long lay off it's pretty easy to say " I'm not quite ready " when asked about playing.

I posted earlier that I was told medical staff are "surprised" how long the injury has taken to heal. That may not be true, but until he plays some minutes in a friendly, it looks ominous to me.

Maybe, but also consider our record with players with soft tissue injuries - jrod was out for over a year, Forster for half a year, McCarthy for a whole season, Taggert best part of a season, Boufal constant niggles. I think the one thing you can say about these injuries is that nothing is certain and rarely quick. VVD has been out what 4-5 months ? - sounds unlikely but surely we can't rule out that he and the club are telling the truth over his match ready condition ?

No, but coming back from a long lay off it's pretty easy to say " I'm not quite ready " when asked about playing.

I posted earlier that I was told medical staff are "surprised" how long the injury has taken to heal. That may not be true, but until he plays some minutes in a friendly, it looks ominous to me.

Yes but that's a bit different from Tom28 saying he's on strike. Strike to me suggests refusing to play or train until we agree to let him leave and making sure everyone knows it which is a bit different to claiming not to feel quite ready to come back from injury.

In the murky world of the transfer market there are times when no does not mean no. There are days when no means maybe. Occasionally, no means no for now but come back in 12 months and we’ll have another chat.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAoxdkk?m=en-gb

I could also mean , come back at the end of the window when the fans have calmed down and you can have him for the price we have already decided on and we won't play him in any matches until then !? ;)

The way I see it is we hold all the cards in regards to any possible negotiations - he's on a long contract and we've already made Pool publicly apologise once for their behaviour so it would be easy to get them in trouble for tapping up again if we so wished. If we were adamant about not selling him though you'd have thought we would have come out in public and made it explicitly clear he's not going anywhere. As we haven't i'd assume we'd be willing to do a deal for the right price.

If that's the case then the only reason a deal hasn't already been made is because Liverpool won't match our asking price and all of the media talk from ex-players and the rumours about strikes and transfer requests is all just dirty tricks to try and get us to lower our demands.

As I said though, we have an extremely strong position and have no need to sell. If the club were to cave in and accept any less than maximum price for him then we'd be admitting that we are a soft touch and can't hold on to any players if they want to go and would be open to any player being poached/leaving whenever they wish in future.

I'd give them an ultimatum personally, tell them a price and a date - match it by then and he's your's, otherwise F*ck off. This has already been going on way too long already and we can't have it hanging over the club for the rest of the window, especially if we will need to get a replacement CB in.

I'm still pretty sure he wants to go but the club have said a strong no. His body language and absence from matches suggest he is mounting some sort of protest, but it hasn't exactly been publicised as much as you'd expect by his agent. So maybe it's just SFC giving him time out to come to terms.

Maybe we'd take a stupidly big offer now, but as each day passes, it's less likely. We need time for a replacement and I sincerely hope we won't mess up again like with Fonte.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We cannot sell him to Liverpool unless the price is astronomic (ie. £85mill +). It will make the club look utterly pathetic, having complained about them tapping him up. Long-term it would be an awful move and sends all the wrong signals.

I've got no problem players joining us with a view to moving on after a couple of successful seasons. Experience tends to support the contention that this is a better model than that employed by a number of other PL clubs. What we do need to do though, is retain some control over when we let those players go and we can't do that if we make public complaints then cave-in anyway.

VVD nowhere to be seen in todays training video.

May not fit enough to have contact with grass?

Saw the team coach coming through Botley around 12 ish so I would assume that the training video is the squad that will be involved in the match day and they are going straight from there up.

And we know VVD is not in the squad this weekend hence not being in the video

Dramatic turn of events.

Makes you wonder why on earth he committed so strongly just a year ago? I don't get his stance, he agreed a 6 year contract, so it's his bed to lay in.

This is another Morgan situation for me. He'll settle down eventually.

That certainly ups the stakes. But we reached the same point with Morgan, and stood firm whilst he got his head round the fact that he wasn't going.

Saints will lose a lot of face if they cave in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really like how Pellegrino is coming across.

Think this is like the morgan situation - club won't back down and Virgil will have to come to terms with it eventually and stop pulling a strop.

I still don't think he'll go this summer. Schneiderlin and Wanyama settle down, the club have previous for standing firm when they say a player is not for sale. Next summer for sure though.

Wouldn't really agree Wanyama ever settled down to be honest, he was in a right sulk most of that season.

Morgan to his credit, did.

Certainly isn't ideal.

Makes you wonder why VVD wants to move, though.

After all, there's been no bid for him, and any contact with the player would have beeen illegal.

Might come down to it that we have to make it so that Liverpool can't sign anyone to keep him.

VVD's stance is very strange. We know for a fact that Saints haven't rejected any bids for him... because nobody has made any bids for him. If he only had two or even one year on his contract, then he'd be in a position of strength. But the club holds all the cards here.