Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I wouldn't let it upset you, so many want to have a go if you are the first to post something up. Its a game to some, keep posting we need as many as we can get to keep it interesting

Cheers mate, he's quite brave behind a keyboard isn't he! I was warned about the trolling that goes on in this forum. The fact that he's not sorry for purposely trying to embarrass a new user exposes his true character.

The difficult equation here is regarding the manager, who has been supposedly assured we will not sell our better players. Perhaps we can argue he is our best, not better! Anyway, I would be very nervous about what Mauricio might react with, so early in his reign. Has there ever been a manager who leaves before a competitive match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinking about this..

and the answer is YES

our own MICKY ADAMS He was appointed manager of Swansea with money to spend on a his squad. That promise of money proved false and he walked out after 7 days in charge :scared:

VVD is one season away from playing for a team like Barca, Madrid or Munich and he wants to go to Liverpool! WTF. Same agent as Koeman right? That agent is a take the money guy piece of ****. They should not get a 10% cut, its ridiculous. Money in the game is ruining it. Sky's fault. I'm off to train to be an agent.

I wouldn't, because with advise like that you'd end up with zero clients.

Do you not think Koeman is happier, richer & nearer to Barca than had he stayed another season with us? His agent has done a cracking job for him.

Agent fees should be paid over the life of the contract. Absolutely ridiculous how much they profit from shopping their players out every 2 years.

The worst part is the better the player the less work they need to do yet they earn more. Demand is high and clubs will always come calling. Whereas agents actually work hard shopping lesser players out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, he's quite brave behind a keyboard isn't he! I was warned about the trolling that goes on in this forum. The fact that he's not sorry for purposely trying to embarrass a new user exposes his true character.
Shroppie is not one of the usual suspects so he was probably suspicious. I think you havent earned your stripes if you haven't been called a Skate on here, there again you might be lol .Everybody can be James Bond behind a computer screen and so it pays to be careful

Shroppie is not one of the usual suspects so he was probably suspicious. I think you havent earned your stripes if you haven't been called a Skate on here, there again you might be lol .Everybody can be James Bond behind a computer screen and so it pays to be careful

I've never been called a skate :( C*nt a few times I think.

Agent fees should be paid over the life of the contract. Absolutely ridiculous how much they profit from shopping their players out every 2 years.

The worst part is the better the player the less work they need to do yet they earn more. Demand is high and clubs will always come calling. Whereas agents actually work hard shopping lesser players out.

Agents are greedy and it is in their interests to keep getting the player a move. I don't know what the answer is to stop this, but I do sense that the average fan of clubs not in the big 6 are tiring of it all.

I can see in time the attendances starting to drop, as the costs of attending are going up while the clubs receive more tv money and the players and agents have their heads in the trough.

If terrestrial TV was any good I think Sky and the like would be in trouble but sadly the main channels have all reality tv , soaps and gameshows and so the choice is poor pushing us to the Sky packages

Thanks OldNick. I certainly don't consider myself a troll and you are right, I was suspicious of a first post quoting a Liverpool fan site.

If you look at my recent replies, I apologised for mistaking the poster for a possible Skate.

To return to my usual polite self, I would respectfully suggest that it's always good to try to check sources before posting. There's far too much rubbish (and trolling) out there that it's easy to be taken in by.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think it would be much better if the league were to supply a pool of agents, and allocate a number of players to each one, and said agents would be paid a salary by the league (which could then recouped from a slice of player fees/wages).

That way you still have someone representing the player and stopping them from being exploited (which would obviously happen if they were left to negotiate their own contracts...), but there wouldn't be any personal incentive for agents to orchestrate a move, talk to press etc - basically stop football agents from ruining football!

I'd like to see our club show they have a spine for once. If you are publically going to say 'he is not for sale' and then report the interested club to the Premier League it is the most cowardly and spineless act possible to then turn round and give him over to the same people you were angry at within a month of the incident because they wave money at you. All it will do is tell all the other players you just have to kick up a stink as soon as you want to go and make it super public. For the sake of the future they need to put their foot down as it would be another PR cockup for the club, adding to other incidents from previous seasons, to let Liverpool have him now (albeit a profitable one in the short term).

My personal opinion on Van Dijk is that he is great and all but if he wants to go then sell him especially if the money is good, however I think because of the events that have occurred so far they have no choice but to show that the club have some cojones and keep Virgil at least until January.

Slightly worrying

"The South African lawyer Daniel Vanderkamp has claimed that Southampton are now ready to speak to Liverpool again and broker a deal for Virgil van Dijk.

Vanderkamp previously worked on many Liverpool deals including the Christian Benteke one, and although he now no longer works in the game, still has his ear to the ground."

He tweeted this...

Got told things are moving along now with LFC and Southampton.

I don't know if he's handed in a request, just that the clubs are back negotiating. I don't think he will have to hand in a request either

Big fan of Les but if this is true he'll lose all his credibility

LIAR LES

Personally don't believe he's going anywhere. Only 1/10 'articles' about him leaving have any sources in, and those that do are just quotes from former players that know very little. Wish the media would die down a bit so we can focus on a strong preseason/ hopefully successful season. Also, I think that a lot of the decision to stay/go hinges on whether Pellegrino can sell his ambition and ideas. Van Dijk signed his new contract when Koeman was in charge, and the rumours of him leaving mostly came up when Puel was in charge. I think the manager plays quite a big part, but hopefully because Pellegrino seems to be quite driven, articulate and ambitious, Van Dijk might be convinced to stay.

There aren't any trolls on this forum. Haven't been for several years. Just ask the mods, they haven't banned anyone for trolling in living memory, ergo there are none.

There aren't any trolls on this forum. Haven't been for several years. Just ask the mods, they haven't banned anyone for trolling in living memory, ergo there are none.

Debatable, I'm sure that at least 1 person has been banned for trolling with multiple identities. Can't remember the names though.

Scottish city? Walter White's alter ego? I can't remember either.

Nah not him,a real troll... Glasgow started out as a serious poster when he was Bournemouth Saint or similar.

Barry Sanchez might have been one of his identities I think.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I think it would be much better if the league were to supply a pool of agents, and allocate a number of players to each one, and said agents would be paid a salary by the league (which could then recouped from a slice of player fees/wages).

That way you still have someone representing the player and stopping them from being exploited (which would obviously happen if they were left to negotiate their own contracts...), but there wouldn't be any personal incentive for agents to orchestrate a move, talk to press etc - basically stop football agents from ruining football!

I do not think the league's choice of agents would be likely to align with the actual best interest of the players. A rule limiting agent fees to a percentage of the money paid to the player in the contract over the life of the contract would help. A rule prohibiting an agent who works for a club from representing any players for that club would help too. Possibly a rule prohibiting an agent for a manager of a club from representing any players for that club would be good as well.

Pic on snapchat of VVD going through all the players lined up like a guard of honour. No idea what context but it's could be a goodbye sign off or staying as Captain. See if he is training tomorrow I guess.

Hoping 'honour' suggests he's being honourable and staying

Christ Alive people need to get a grip.

Virgil isn't going anywhere and certainly not to Liverpool this summer.

The club have made it quite clear what their valuation of the player is and have also made it quite clear that they do not need to sell him. So a club either meets the valuation and buys him or he's in a Saints shirt come the first game of the season.

It would be in nobodies interest for Saints to make a u-turn now and suddenly say 'actually we will do a deal with Liverpool'

If that deal happens, the PL HAVE to do something about the tapping up issue otherwise their rules count for nothing and it would be a complete free for all for the agents to do what they want to get a player transfer and earn more money.

Les would be absolutely crucified if he let this happen.

Les would be absolutely crucified if he let this happen.

Like he is every transfer window. And yet he continues to get handed more power within the hierarchy every season.

I doubt he gives two hoots about his image or credibility with those outside of the club.

It will be interesting to see if he gets any minutes in the friendly on Saturday.

I suspect he's in final stages of rehabilitation so he's only doing non contact ball work so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature. That will get the Scousers jizzing themselves thinking he's off.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Twitter chat , some LFC ITK saying fee agreed. Might explain the pic a bit more.

Might the fact that it was our team captain's birthday this week also explain the pic a bit more ?

Alternatively, Lying Les could have been at the end of the honour guard, bathing in a bathtub full of banknotes with LFC stamped on them.

Take your pick as to the most likely explanation.

It's all OK, MLG is taking him to the cleaners....

Fair play MLG.

Claims to be an ex-journalist who wrote articles for Yahoo back in the days when Yahoo published hard copy journalism. Which was never.

Actually makes AR-10 look credible.

Liverpool Echo reporting that Saints and LFC are discussing terms for VVD

Probably all come from that "lawyer" article yesterday - which was discredited but is now resurfacing, taken at face value, everywhere, but mainly in Liverpool.

There's nothing in the national press. Perhaps being just a little bit cautious for once.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Liverpool Echo reporting that Saints and LFC are discussing terms for VVD

Liverpool: Will you take any less than £75 million?

Saints: No.

Quick discussion! Short of a few Twitter rumours, nobody knows anything so there's no point in worrying about it until it's concrete. For a bunch of people that hate The Sun, (and rightly so IMO), they don't half jump on crap journalism when it suits them.