Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

VVD to Liverpool is done - I'm told.

That would be ****ing ridiculous and basically just green light teams to tap up our players (we might complain but we will let you have them anyway) we'd be made to look like right dicks. It Also basically green lights players to go on strike if they don't get their way. There is literally no PR the club could use that would make them look anything less than stupid if they do this.

That would be ****ing ridiculous and basically just green light teams to tap up our players (we might complain but we will let you have them anyway) we'd be made to look like right dicks. It Also basically green lights players to go on strike if they don't get their way. There is literally no PR the club could use that would make them look anything less than stupid if they do this.

This in spades

If VVD goes to Liverpool, then fans will not be very happy with the board. Rupert Lowe lost the fans when he sold Theo. History could repeat itself.
I'm not sure the board fully understand the resentment a lot of fans have to Liverpool keep taking our stars

That would be irritating.

As we search for a replacement every club will know we have VVD money, and will adjust their asking price accordingly.

The Mail today has Wimmer at the top of our list of potential replacements if a VVD sale goes through.

If VVD goes to Liverpool, then fans will not be very happy with the board. Rupert Lowe lost the fans when he sold Theo. History could repeat itself.

We were up sh1t creek without a paddle when we sold Theo ... can't help but think if it wasn't for Wilde and co's gluttonous spunking we'd have been ok under Rupes. Oh well, it worked out just fine I suppose. Except for Les Reed

Hilarious if he goes the amount t of people who will be disappointed. It's no different to every other time this has happened. I expected him to leave months ago so I'm not in the least bit bothered and interested to see how we spend the cash.

Board will be made to look very very silly and only way to remedy it is to spend all the money on quality players. The way the Liverpool stuff has played out has been less than ideal.

Hilarious if he goes the amount t of people who will be disappointed. It's no different to every other time this has happened. I expected him to leave months ago so I'm not in the least bit bothered and interested to see how we spend the cash.

It's not leaving that is the issue most of us expected that. It's the complaining about the tapping up and then selling him him to the club that tapped him up that is the issue the club have made themselves look ridiculous by going through this whole charade. Sell him to someone else for 60 million plus and it's the same old same old no drama. It's selling him to Liverpool that's the problem not the act of selling him.

Really hope you're wrong on this one.

Liverpool getting him for any price after everything that's happened would just be a slap in the face.

My season ticket came through the door a few minutes ago, so that was good timing...

Rupert never had the fans to begin with. He was roundly hated after the reverse take-over and because he was from the City and not a football man.

Hope Les and the board have broad shoulders and are prepared for the backlash if that is the case.

if its any less than 60m then meltdown time ..

The only way they recover from this is if the VVD money is used to fund the Bale deal. They might just get away with it in that case ?

I think I already posted in this thread that if VVD does indeed go to them, I hope we disclose the full cost of the transfer to appease our supporters rather than the usual undisclosed. Undisclosed leaves the door wide open for the Scouse media machine to rub our noses in it even more by claiming the deal was all on their terms.

I want Les to man up and come out and tell us VVD was sold for £70m cash up-front.

I know none of that will happen as it worsens our position as buyers in the market but I would still like to see it, it's not my money after all. I just don't like those pesky Scouse gits thinking they pulled our trousers down... Probably in the minority on this.

All of the above is fairly tongue-in-cheek btw, for any of our Scouse visitors reading.

If we're selling him to them it needs to be for £75million, we cannot sell him for less than our valuation and we cannot sell to them even for it - any other outcome we've made ourselves look like idiots.

This

Especially when we've been so vocal about it. £75m up front hopefully.

If we're selling him to them it needs to be for £75million, we cannot sell him for less than our valuation and we cannot sell to them even for it - any other outcome we've made ourselves look like idiots.

I think if he goes to Liverpool we look like idiots regardless of price !

I am surprised that people are surprised. If VVD goes we better have a high quality replacement to sign almost immediately.

I was lambasted back in May for saying our summer transfer operations were ponderous, indecisive and slow and there was nothing to indicate otherwise this year. Well, this summer has not proved me wrong.

Relegation fight on its way.

Why is anyone surprised? it's been pretty obvious that this day has been coming for some time :lol:

Whilst it's been obvious that this has been coming, it's an absolute disgrace by the board to sell to the victims and for the first time, I've now completely lost trust in Les and the board. Time for change IMO.

Why is anyone surprised? it's been pretty obvious that this day has been coming for some time :lol:

Whilst it's been obvious that this has been coming, it's an absolute disgrace by the board to sell to the victims and for the first time, I've now completely lost trust in Les and the board. Time for change IMO.

For me it's the first big mistake they've made (Puel is debatable). For that reason I won't be asking for any changes in personnel, but there needs to be a change in approach.

I am surprised that people are surprised. If VVD goes we better have a high quality replacement to sign almost immediately.

I was lambasted back in May for saying our summer transfer operations were ponderous, indecisive and slow and there was nothing to indicate otherwise this year. Well, this summer has not proved me wrong.

mrbenn11.jpg

If this day was obviously coming the club have could saved a whole load of drama and just sold him what was the point of the charade of the last few weeks just to end up in the same place? I expected him to be sold just not to ****ing Liverpool.

Really hope you're wrong on this one.

Liverpool getting him for any price after everything that's happened would just be a slap in the face.

My season ticket came through the door a few minutes ago, so that was good timing...

My Ricky Lambert shirt arrived in the mail the same day his sale to Liverpool was finalized.

Nah 17th surely

(31st May)

Been told that its well documented between the staff that he's off to United

Different source or change of circumstances?

(not trying to catch you out, just genuinely interested if from a different source. cheers)

Why worry...

The team is bigger than any one individual (Leicester proved that)..

I would rather have a focussed strong team pulling in the same direction than one stroppy individual diverting attention away from that.

Wimmer would be a decent enough replacement.

Why worry...

The team is bigger than any one individual (Leicester proved that)..

I would rather have a focussed strong team pulling in the same direction than one stroppy individual diverting attention away from that.

Wimmer would be a decent enough replacement.

But would still be a massive downgrade.

Why did he have to turn out to be such a c*nt.