Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Veratti at PSG showed how to do an about face by sacking his agent and blaming him.

Think club are playing this well, the statement was designed especially to get a reaction, we haven't given one and denied the player/agent/Liverpool further points to react too and build this up further in the press to become even bigger.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

"She has put in a transfer request and I think that probably suits Louise. Let's be honest, I was there for a short time. If she has any ambition to be a top entertainer you leave Jamie.

v good

No such thing as 'selling club' in the Prem. Clubs will sell a player if the money is of more value to them than the player but otherwise will only sell when forced by the impending end of a contract period. We all know that, so why do some people who think they know about football, fail to understand how the system works? The lying Dutchman can only play for Southampton for the next five years or until such time as the club decide to let him go. If he tries to avoid playing by lying about his mental or physical condition or playing badly, the club should consult the lawyers about a player's contractual obligations and stand firm to ensure other players are aware that a contract is a legal commitment.

If Liverpool gave us £100m (which they won't), you could argue that we'd played it pretty well, as that's way above what we would have accepted in the initial instance had they gone about things the right way. However, there is still the argument that Liverpool are a good side on an average day, and a very good side when they have Mane, but have an achilles heel in their defence. They can be beaten by anyone thanks to this, and with CL football to contend with this year, may end up struggling a little. Do we really want to plug that gap for them, even in return for £100m?

(I'm ignoring all idea of 'just to spite them' etc for this comment, this is purely based on money & football.)

Interesting to hear that **** Advocaat is talking about getting involved now. Reading into his comments it seems that he wants to have a word with VVD and tell him to pull his finger out and get playing so he is ready for the Holland international qualifiers next month.

He is a ******, always has been. Quite a nasty piece of work by all accounts.

Got found out at Chelsea. Still remember him refusing to play for England B - in an era where England had strikers like Shearer, Fowler, Collymore and quite a few others to call on (bit different to now). Plus there were prolific English goalscoring midfielders like MLT.

To lighten up this thread but still on the Scousers theme.

"The Ferrari F1 team fired their entire pit crew yesterday."

This announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British government's 'Work for your Dole' scheme and employ some Scousers

The decision to hire them was brought about by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from Croxteth were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper

equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew could only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech equipment.

It was thought to be an excellent, bold move by the Ferrari management team as most races are won and lost in the pits, giving Ferrari an advantage over every other team.

However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for. At the crew's first practice session, not only was the Scouse pit crew able to change all four wheels in under 6 seconds but, within 12 seconds,

they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the car to the Mclaren team for 8 cases of Stella, a bag of weed and some photos of Lewis Hamilton's bird in the shower.

Hmmm I might have a theory probably wrong though! d I c K Van dyke signed a 6 year contract, have we ever offered another player a six year contract? Thought 5 was the max? Maybe that's what cursed us! Haha

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He always strikes me as a desperately boring man even more desperately seeking to differentiate himself as a pundit but ultimately just being ****e.

Did you see him arguing with the other SPL pundit last season on BT Sport? It was hilarious :D

Not sure why you think clean sheets might be a rarity. The facts are last season ... PL games with VvD we played 22 with 8 clean sheets and without him we played 16 with 6 clean sheets. It could be argued the figures were 21.5 with 7.5 vs 16.5 with 6.5 as he came off in the Leicester game shortly after half-time. The figures suggest we should not underestimate the Yoshida and Stevens pairing.

Precisely. We actually shipped some goals that were VVD s fault.

Like so many players they get much better when they are not playing... He really isn't as good as the hype!

Like so many players they get much better when they are not playing... He really isn't as good as the hype!

I remember when Oakley became a world beater during his injury in the strachen era

Well I've seen him play lots and actually think he is as good as the hype. Game of opinions clearly and mine is that I think you are wrong

I agree. Sometimes he lacks concentration and goes on a saunter upfield and gets caught out of position. Something I remember Celtic fans warning us about.

I thought Dave Watson and mark wright - it's all a matter of opinion

Mark Wright is still head and shoulders the best center back I've ever seen play for saints. It's just this forum has a lot of younger fans on it so they don't remember him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Wright is still head and shoulders the best center back I've ever seen play for saints. It's just this forum has a lot of younger fans on it so they don't remember him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. VVD wouldn't even get a placeon the bench if we had the two gingers Wright and Svensson, with Watson and Richards as back up.

He will be on our books for what we paid not a speculative valuation of his worth.

I have some stock in Berkshire Hathaway (alas, not a lot), but for tax purposes it is on my books for about 25% of its current value. But it is worth its current value not the price I paid for it.

Players are on the books for even less than what the club paid for them. In VVD's case, his book value was reduced by 20% after his first season and by 17% of what was left after his second season. So (assuming a 13 million pound purchase price) he is on the books for about 8.7 million pounds now. But that is not his real worth.

Utter hogwash post of the year goes to....

Shouldn't some of his other posts get fair consideration before the award is finally decided?

Hmmm I might have a theory probably wrong though! d I c K Van dyke signed a 6 year contract, have we ever offered another player a six year contract? Thought 5 was the max? Maybe that's what cursed us! Haha

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think Ward-Prose signed a six year contract too.

Are we talking about Chris Sutton or The9?

As an American I have no idea who Chris Sutton is, but The9's posts are generally among the most well thought out posts on Saintsweb so he was probably talking about Sutton.

He has been a fool but lets not start rubbishing Virgils ability. He is and was in most games last season, head and shoulders above the other players and at times it looked like he was playing with 10 boys. It seems Les is still refusing to sell, so it maybe an idea to have a think about the idea that he will be in a Saints shirt after September 1st. The fact is, he (if he stays) will make us much stronger and with playing well in games and getting a few goals, we'd all appreciate him again. Just not love him.

I have some stock in Berkshire Hathaway (alas, not a lot), but for tax purposes it is on my books for about 25% of its current value. But it is worth its current value not the price I paid for it.

Players are on the books for even less than what the club paid for them. In VVD's case, his book value was reduced by 20% after his first season and by 17% of what was left after his second season. So (assuming a 13 million pound purchase price) he is on the books for about 8.7 million pounds now. But that is not his real worth.

Shouldn't some of his other posts get fair consideration before the award is finally decided?

I think Ward-Prose signed a six year contract too.

As an American I have no idea who Chris Sutton is, but The9's posts are generally among the most well thought out posts on Saintsweb so he was probably talking about Sutton.

Thanks redslo- his book value is depreciating faster than his integrity [emoji6]

VVD is the greatest defender we have had at Southampton, he is good enough to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid. That's why it's so frustrating he wants to go to Liverpool. Heads gone.

Agreed. Just. Mark Wright was superb and the best centre half I'd seen in a saints shirt before VVD. Alderweireld was the best since him. In between them, Richards, Svensson and Dave Watson were brilliant.