Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Karma is a big old beeyatch! Heard this on TalkTurd in the car and couldn't stop laughing. Definitely what goes around, comes around. I see they've rejected it. Does this mean they'll soon have a more unhappy player than we have?

You watch Inter Milan swooping in for Sadio now while Liverpool are under pressure, that's my guess. I can't see him leaving; if they lose Coutinho they'll never let Mané go, but it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. VVD must be wondering whether he's made the right decision wanting to join that lot.

Better take him out my provisional Fantasy Dream Team. :lol:

Agreed - that's what I'm saying, but whatever happens now it does so on our terms, not theirs (or anyone else's for that matter). Up to now - our board have played this very well as far as I am concerned.

Yep. I still don't want to sell him to them because I think he will make them significantly better (i.e. challenge for the title), but given we'd have probably accepted an offer of £65m from him had they gone about things properly earlier in the window, if we end up with £100m you'd have to say we would have won the battle.

Karma is a big old beeyatch! Heard this on TalkTurd in the car and couldn't stop laughing. Definitely what goes around, comes around. I see they've rejected it. Does this mean they'll soon have a more unhappy player than we have?

You watch Inter Milan swooping in for Sadio now while Liverpool are under pressure, that's my guess. I can't see him leaving; if they lose Coutinho they'll never let Mané go, but it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. VVD must be wondering whether he's made the right decision wanting to join that lot.

Better take him out my provisional Fantasy Dream Team. :lol:

I don't really get the Inter link. Dealing with an offer from Barcelona is a different kettle of fish to Inter. Plus they were reported to be lining up a "£35m bid"... not sure what parallel universe Inter, or any of the reporting journalists live if they think there's a remote possibility of that kicking off. Though of course, I'd be happy to be wrong!

What if they sell Coutinho for £100m and then make an offer to Spurs for Ali or Kane for £100m? It would get interesting as Spurs will find it hard to turn down such money

Or Sanchez? I'd think that surely Sanchez wouldn't go from Arsenal to Liverpool, but who knows...

It's interesting to read RAWK over the last few pages on the VVD thread - they're starting to realise he might not actually join them and are talking about alternative centre backs. I still think there's a long way to go with the VVD saga this window, but it seems Saints hardline approach of saying he's not for sale is hitting home. The more I think about it the more I think he'd be perfect for City. With their new full backs and awesome attack, they'd stand a very good chance of not only winning the league, but the Champions League too.

Business is business and I think Liverpool could still get him, but Saints would be very reluctant for that to happen unless the money is right. I suppose it depends on what noises come out of the VVD camp in the next fortnight, but he's pretty much already played every hand available to him. Let's see what our club is made of now.

It's interesting to read RAWK over the last few pages on the VVD thread - they're starting to realise he might not actually join them and are talking about alternative centre backs. I still think there's a long way to go with the VVD saga this window, but it seems Saints hardline approach of saying he's not for sale is hitting home. The more I think about it the more I think he'd be perfect for City. With their new full backs and awesome attack, they'd stand a very good chance of not only winning the league, but the Champions League too.

Business is business and I think Liverpool could still get him, but Saints would be very reluctant for that to happen unless the money is right. I suppose it depends on what noises come out of the VVD camp in the next fortnight, but he's pretty much already played every hand available to him. Let's see what our club is made of now.

I can't help but feel that the best course of action would be to try and rehabilitate the CB that they already have in Sakho. After all they are trying to sell him for £30m so he must be good ;)

As I thought then, we are being gradually taken over by the Gulf States. Car manufacturers need to get those EVs out there and then we can all tell the Gulf to fark right off.

gonna need a shed load of fuel of some sort to turn all those turbines needed to power those fackers. By then, them and China will own everything worth owning

gonna need a shed load of fuel of some sort to turn all those turbines needed to power those fackers. By then, them and China will own everything worth owning

Not with the nuclear power stations we have here, no oil or coal fired generators in France, nuclear, hydroelectric, wind and solar.

I fully expect John Aldridge to have a right pop at Liverpool for blocking the progression of such a talent like Coutinho

:lol:

also, I remember noises from UEFA a couple of years ago about the spending going on in the premier league....They are fairly quiet now with PSG it seems

He needs to be careful with a back injury. I've heard it can develop into a nasty virus.

So after a few months off, being paid handsomely no doubt, they're all not fit when needed. This is why anyone at all causing trouble should be sold to the highest bidder and sod them if it's not where they want to go. How much has Virgil cost us since the last time he kicked a ball in anger, 4 or 5 million £ no doubt and now he doesn't want to play. If I was the owner of Liverpool FC, Coutinho would already be at Barca and the 90 million in the club's bank account. Klopp being told to just get on with it and get better results with what he has, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last the season, Klopp that is.

I fully expect John Aldridge to have a right pop at Liverpool for blocking the progression of such a talent like Coutinho

:lol:

also, I remember noises from UEFA a couple of years ago about the spending going on in the premier league....They are fairly quiet now with PSG it seems

You literally couldn't make this up

http://http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/john-aldridge-liverpool-need-to-stand-firm-and-hang-on-to-coutinho

The language? He does realise folk from Brazil speak Portuguese?

Portuguese and Spanish are widely understood by each other even though the written language differs. Coutinho won't have any problems with the language in fact it will probably be easier for him than English.

Portuguese and Spanish are widely understood by each other even though the written language differs. Coutinho won't have any problems with the language in fact it will probably be easier for him than English.

Fair enough, he should definitely move.

X

Bit of an exaggeration. They're not that similar, and nor is Brazilian Portuguese identical to european portuguese so that would slow him down a bit. Besides which, most folk in Barcelona speak Catalan.

Mind you , money is the universal language anyway, and he won't be short of that!

X

Bit of an exaggeration. They're not that similar, and nor is Brazilian Portuguese identical to european portuguese so that would slow him down a bit. Besides which, most folk in Barcelona speak Catalan.

Mind you , money is the universal language anyway, and he won't be short of that!

What's an exaggeration? That they are widely understood by each other? Sorry to disappoint but they are. And as for Catalans I think everyone knows where Barcelona is and the language of the region but I think it's fair to say that most folks involved at the club, particularly players, will speak Spanish without too many problems lol.

Now, whether or not Aldridge realised the Portuguese bs Spanish elements in his piece is another matter!

Catalan is quite difficult. The Basques are near impossible to understand. We would have thought though that Coutinho would probably understand both languages easier than Scouse. Did he play for Espanyol before or after Pottechino was sacked?

As for Aldridge you couldn't make it up really you couldn't.