Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

look at this moron..who not that long ago, was on board with VvD forcing his move to Liverpool

@mickquinn1089

Follow

More

As a Pro,it was a privilege to be paid to play footy,but some modern day pros are just mercenaries without one ounce of loyalty in them

look at this moron..who not that long ago, was on board with VvD forcing his move to Liverpool

@mickquinn1089

Follow

More

As a Pro,it was a privilege to be paid to play footy,but some modern day pros are just mercenaries without one ounce of loyalty in them ��

:lol: that guy is such a cockwomble

This is the **** that was banned from training horses for three years (reduced to 18 months on appeal) specifically for neglecting his horses, who when interviewed some time later said "there was no cruelty or neglect, nothing like that".

@mickquinn1089

Follow

More

As a Pro,it was a privilege to be paid to play footy,but some modern day pros are just mercenaries without one ounce of loyalty in them ��

Lol at least Matt has called him on it;

But you were encouraging VVD to have no loyalty Mick make up your mind

This is the **** that was banned from training horses for three years (reduced to 18 months on appeal) specifically for neglecting his horses, who when interviewed some time later said "there was no cruelty or neglect, nothing like that".

To be fair Chez, he played in pompey for years. After that flailing wouldn't seem like cruelty!

He's a bell end of the highest order who actually makes me feel sorry for Bob Carrollgees and after what he inflicted on the nation for years, that takes some doing!

John Barnes on Talksport. "In my day if you wanted a move and it was rejected, you stayed and got on with it. You respected the club and supporters. You were happy to sign a contract, and although a move would have been great, if denied one, you stick to your contract". He specifically mentioned VvD, rather than PC. Claims he could have moved to Liverpool earlier, but was refused. Just stayed and respected Watford. Said there was no chance of anyone messing their club around or sulking back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Barnes on Talksport. "In my day if you wanted a move and it was rejected, you stayed and got on with it. You respected the club and supporters. You were happy to sign a contract, and although a move would have been great, if denied one, you stick to your contract". He specifically mentioned VvD, rather than PC. Claims he could have moved to Liverpool earlier, but was refused. Just stayed and respected Watford. Said there was no chance of anyone messing their club around or sulking back then.

Totally. It would also help massively if the transfer window closed a couple of days BEFORE the start of matches rather than weeks afterwards. I know it's old news but we can see how it affects clubs negatively, especially those looking to keep hold of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've no doubt that 90% if not all of this is as a result of Virgil changing agents to same agency that ****ed us around with Koeman.

The modern footballer takes a lot of stick, sometimes rightly so (as in this case) but clubs/FA/PFA really need to clamp down on these pests that are wrecking the game.

I've no doubt that 90% if not all of this is as a result of Virgil changing agents to same agency that ****ed us around with Koeman.

The modern footballer takes a lot of stick, sometimes rightly so (as in this case) but clubs/FA/PFA really need to clamp down on these pests that are wrecking the game.

Yes, but who decided to change agent? He's a big boy, or does he need his hand held all his life?

Yes, but who decided to change agent?

Indeed.

The chronology of events is more likely to have been:

1) VvD decides he wants to leave Saints

2) VvD decides to switch to an agent who has a reputation for engineering player transfers to accelerate his goal

Rather than:

1) VvD wants to stay at Saints but for some unknown reason decides to switch to an agent who has a reputation for engineering player transfers

2) VvD coincidentally changes his mind and decides he wants to leave Saints

Edited by trousers

As I've said before two incidents of once cordial relationships between Southampton FC and their former manager and a player who was made captain, turned toxic by the same agent, Rob Jansen, of Wassermans. I suspect that when we are scouting players or future managers, we will give a wide berth to those who have Jansen as their agent, as it has become all too clear that 5 minutes after they arrive here, Jansen will be turning their heads towards moving them on to a glory club, so that he can get his greedy hands onto a giant wodge of dosh.

Indeed.

The chronology of events is more likely to have been:

1) VvD decides he wants to leave Saints

2) VvD decides to switch to an agent who has a reputation for engineering player transfers to accelerate his goal

Rather than:

1) VvD wants to stay at Saints but for some unknown reason decides to switch to an agent who has a reputation for engineering player transfers

2) VvD coincidentally changes his mind and decides he wants to leave Saints

An alternative would be:

1) VvD is happy at Saints and his agent

2) New agent taps him up promising more money

3) Gets injured and has time to consider how short his career might be so changes agent

4) Gets new agent to engineer the move

At the end of the day it's pure speculation but it would be interesting to know how much certain agents tap up other agents clients. I suspect it might be more widespread than is commonly known.

The point about the transfer window not closing until after the start of the season looks to be a very prominent one this year – just look at all the teams having to deal with outstanding player issues before a ball has even been kicked…

Saints with Van Dijk

Liverpool with Countinho

Arsenal with Sanchez

Swansea with Sigurdsson

Everton with Barkley

Spurs with Rose

Chelsea with Costa

Leicester with Mahrez

This is affecting the big teams now more and more and it wouldn’t surprise me if they started putting some pressure on the FA to try and change things up a bit. I’m sure all the managers would prefer if all this was resolved and their squads were finalised before having to start the season.

The point about the transfer window not closing until after the start of the season looks to be a very prominent one this year – just look at all the teams having to deal with outstanding player issues before a ball has even been kicked…

Saints with Van Dijk

Liverpool with Countinho

Arsenal with Sanchez

Swansea with Sigurdsson

Everton with Barkley

Spurs with Rose

Chelsea with Costa

Leicester with Mahrez

This is affecting the big teams now more and more and it wouldn’t surprise me if they started putting some pressure on the FA to try and change things up a bit. I’m sure all the managers would prefer if all this was resolved and their squads were finalised before having to start the season.

I agree. The window should open on 1st June (or the first Monday after the last game of the season, which is normally the Champions League final) and shut by 1st August.

I agree. The window should open on 1st June (or the first Monday after the last game of the season, which is normally the Champions League final) and shut by 1st August.

Why stop there?

Introduce a salary cap (this would have to happen across all major world leagues) and lets get a more even playing field because quite frankly, the Premier league and other major leagues around the world are a complete snoozfest in terms of the same clubs always being at the top.

Isn't calling VVD (and offer him another 20k) what got Liverpool in trouble in the first place?

It's absolutely ridiculous. How they can get away with effectively endorsing breaking the rules on live TV is beyond me. Completely unprofessional. Whilst we have all these so called ex-pro experts showing disregard for the rules then they will never be properly enforced.

Jamie Redknapp: "call Van Dijk and add an extra £20k to the contract". How about first putting a bid in that's acceptable to his current club you humongous cretin?

It's their fans and the pundits that have treated this like a done deal, like we don't have any right to keep hold of him, that's ****ed me off most during this.

It's their fans and the pundits that have treated this like a done deal, like we don't have any right to keep hold of him, that's ****ed me off most during this.

They are, without doubt, the most deluded and self entitled set of fans in the country. Haven't won the Premier League ever, last won a major trophy over a decade ago and behave like a club far above their current station. Last week they were going to win the league because they beat Bayern in a meaningless friendly, this week they are being outplayed by Watford.

The inconsistency of comments on the Coutinho vs the VVD situation is the most annoying. It's literally the same situation, was good to see MLT pointing out some of the hypocrisy on Sky this morning in front of their big club biased panel.

Why stop there?

Introduce a salary cap (this would have to happen across all major world leagues) and lets get a more even playing field because quite frankly, the Premier league and other major leagues around the world are a complete snoozfest in terms of the same clubs always being at the top.

Very sensible post. Do you ever see FIFA doing this? No, because it would mean they can't find ways to feed at the trough (i.e. a change of 'leadership' has changed nothing).

what did MLT say earlier?

Called out Charlie Nicholas for saying that both Saints and Liverpool should let VVD and Coutinho leave as they'd handed in transfer requests and then saying that there was no need for English clubs to introduce release clauses (like Spain) as clubs could just refuse to sell...

There was also some back and forth with Thompson but only caught the tail end of that.

Jamie Redknapp: "call Van Dijk and add an extra £20k to the contract". How about first putting a bid in that's acceptable to his current club you humongous cretin?

Good idea from Redknapp. Liverpool do not have permission to speak to van Dijk so this would be a good way of getting banned from transfers. Well done, little Jim, thick as the old man.

It's absolutely ridiculous. How they can get away with effectively endorsing breaking the rules on live TV is beyond me. Completely unprofessional. Whilst we have all these so called ex-pro experts showing disregard for the rules then they will never be properly enforced.

He's a Redknapp. He's beyond the reach of the laws. He can't read or write. He doesn't know how to use a phone. And it wos the dog wot dunnit anyway.

Isn't calling VVD (and offer him another 20k) what got Liverpool in trouble in the first place?

They offered him 220k/week

It's about + £160k~ week - hence why he wants to move.

City and Chelsea won't offer him 220 or will be somewhere around 150 tops I imagine.

Why stop there?

I wonder whether a limit on weekly wage - say £25k - with "any additional weekly salary" placed in trust for when the player retires from football. This would have the effect of evening out to some extent the relative comparative lifestyles of footballers. Someone a bit smarter could work out the formula but for example:

Premier base salary......£5k

Championship base salary....£3k

League 1 base salary....£1.5k

League 2 base salary....£750

Then add on for categories like:

International.....levels based on number of caps

Career appearances...... levels again

Loyalty to club....levels for each year..

plus bonuses...

goals

play

clean sheets

etc etc

After that its up to the club, player, agent to decide on any payments that go into the trust fund.

The other side of this is that the money will less impact during their playing career and will possibly help to protect their future, particularly lower level players.

Just some thoughts....

I wonder whether a limit on weekly wage - say £25k - with "any additional weekly salary" placed in trust for when the player retires from football. This would have the effect of evening out to some extent the relative comparative lifestyles of footballers. Someone a bit smarter could work out the formula but for example:

Premier base salary......£5k

Championship base salary....£3k

League 1 base salary....£1.5k

League 2 base salary....£750

Then add on for categories like:

International.....levels based on number of caps

Career appearances...... levels again

Loyalty to club....levels for each year..

plus bonuses...

goals

play

clean sheets

etc etc

After that its up to the club, player, agent to decide on any payments that go into the trust fund.

The other side of this is that the money will less impact during their playing career and will possibly help to protect their future, particularly lower level players.

Just some thoughts....

Problem with any scheme is expensive lawyers will find a way to abuse it. Image rights, bonuses, fringe benefits. There hasn't been a law invented that can't be circumvented.

At the end of the day it's pure speculation but it would be interesting to know how much certain agents tap up other agents clients. I suspect it might be more widespread than is commonly known.

And the greatest irony if it did indeed happen, is that the one who gives the appearance of being one of the biggest culprits, is none other than Rob Jansen, who just happens to be......the founding President of the European Football Agents Association, i.e. chief rat.

Yes Jamie..that's why he hasn't moved because he wants another 20k a week. All this time what held it up was Liverppol not phoning double VD and offering another 20k per week. If only you would have told them sooner.

What a ****. How do TV companies use these idiots with no knowledge or brains as "experts".