Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I thought not singing any anti VVD songs at the match and just concentrating on the team was very classy from our supporters. I did expect a few "**** off Van Djyk" chants in the Northam.

The supporters probably (hopefully) realized that this is exactly the kind of thing VVD's agent is looking for.

They offered him 220k/week

It's about + £160k~ week - hence why he wants to move.

City and Chelsea won't offer him 220 or will be somewhere around 150 tops I imagine.

Are you sure? Several players are on £120k per week and Coutinho was upped to £200k but no one else is close. Can't see them paying him that when Lovren is only on £65k.

The supporters probably (hopefully) realized that this is exactly the kind of thing VVD's agent is looking for.

indeed and I was sure he was going to get it. A dignified silence is much better especially given VVD was apparently there today. Suppose that was only to avoid another fine.

A bit of news, not really anything.

On the front of today's programme, you see Stephens. It was meant to be Virgil, as he's the skipper, and the shirt actually had 17 on it and had to be photoshopped. You can see if you look at it, it looks a bit false.

He wasn't at the game today. Glad he got no stick. He will make us stronger.

Double V D has just been having dinner with three of his entourage a few tables down from us. Took daughter over to his table after she wrote "don't go" on a knapkin. Seemed nice enough until I said he was too good to go to Liverpool. All went a bit quiet then. That virus cleared up fast.

F*cking pony-tailed c*nt should be ashamed of himself. His team mates were pulling their b*llocks out on the pitch for the club, and that pr*ck is a c*nt.

Not the way he's behaved but it's football ffs put it in perspective. Not murdered anyone. Calm down.

Turned Sky over after the talk of VVD and Liverpool by those two idiots.

Found it completely disrespectiful towards Saints.

To be fair Carragher didn't say anything about him, only Redknapp. Cara was quite correctly trying to say that it doesn't matter who you have at centre back if they all mark like that at set pieces, but Redknapp just kept butting in saying they should get Van Dijk.

Interesting to see plenty of pundits are coming out and saying Liverpool should see Countinho and they can't stand in his way etc. Scousers probably not liking them so much now.

From Chelsea I wouldn't be at all surprised Liverpool will be wasting their time and they know it

agree there. If VvD believes in himself (which he clearly does) surely, he will not go to Liverpool. He wont be winning anything major what so ever with that lot.

Their defending yesterday was sub-standard and a continuation of last season. More is wrong there than just throwing VvD in the mix will fix

To be fair Carragher didn't say anything about him, only Redknapp. Cara was quite correctly trying to say that it doesn't matter who you have at centre back if they all mark like that at set pieces, but Redknapp just kept butting in saying they should get Van Dijk.

Interesting to see plenty of pundits are coming out and saying Liverpool should see Countinho and they can't stand in his way etc. Scousers probably not liking them so much now.

Not on BT Sports. We got the Stevie G show and the story how he convinced Suarez not to go to Arsenal. All the pundits also agreeing that it was not appropriate for Countinho to push for a move after only a signing a new contract in January. Guess different rules apply in VVD's case...

Not on BT Sports. We got the Stevie G show and the story how he convinced Suarez not to go to Arsenal. All the pundits also agreeing that it was not appropriate for Countinho to push for a move after only a signing a new contract in January. Guess different rules apply in VVD's case...

Apparently so, but I've always thought Gerrard was a bit of a plonk really, all these shows should ditch the pundits for game where they have clear bias, the two pundits for a game should be neutral, I reckon that would be much better.

I simply cannot understand why Barcelona aren't in for Virgil. I consider him good enough to play for any team in the World and I expect Koeman to be managing there in 2 years' time (unless his Everton project backfires spectacularly; I think he will succeed), at which point I would anticipate Barça making a move for a ball-playing Dutch centre-half. So why not cut out the middle-man (Liverpool/Chelsea/whoever) now? I don't think many Saints fans would begrudge Virgil this move, even if the timing and his behaviour leave a sour taste.

Their transfer policy is largely rubbish beyond the megastars to be honest. They managed to create a fairly weak side who got bullied most away games despite having Messi, Neymar and Suarez up front. Their response seems to be to sign Paulinho in midfield!

VVD would be excellent there. Christ, the way they've been a return for Romeu would improve them.

They would probably play him at centre-back.

Not the way he's behaved but it's football ffs put it in perspective. Not murdered anyone. Calm down.

Finding it difficult to at the moment to be honest. We have a ground full of supporters, paying a fair wedge of their disposable income to watch games, and a team of honest players on the pitch giving everything for 3 points.

Then you have Van Dyke, earning a king's ransom (with contributions from all supporters), behaving disgracefully. Contributing the square root of nothing to help the club.

For me, he is up there with the worst sort of footballer. Right up their with the striking Van Hoijdonk. I wouldn't want to give him the transfer that he wants, but I understand the club's position from a business point of view. If he does return to the first team, he has some massive bridges to build with the fans.

The least he has been is badly advised by mercenary agents who need to be regulated properly by the game.

Edited by Wade Garrett

Finding it difficult to at the moment to be honest. We have a ground full of supporters, paying a fair wedge of their disposable income to watch games, and a team of honest players on the pitch giving everything for 3 points.

Then you have Van Dyke, earning a king's ransom (with contributions from all supporters), behaving disgracefully. Contributing the square root of nothing to help the club.

For me, he is up their with the worst sort of footballer. Right up their with the striking Van Hoijdonk. I wouldn't want to give him the transfer that he wants, but I understand the club's position from a business point of view. If he does return to the first team, he has some massive bridges to build with the fans.

The least he has been is badly advised by mercenary agents who need to be regulated properly by the game.

Agree with everything you said he will apologise believe me.

Yep. As I've said before, I believe the club intend to prove a point on this 1. Plus he'll desperately want to be involved in the Dutch squad.

If he was desparate to be involved in the Dutch squad he would be playing (for us) right now. He won't be involved in the Dutch games at the end of August, and after these games the likelihood is that the Dutch will be unable or very unlikely to qualify. Quite honestly all this stuff about him being desparate to play in the WC is rubbish - he knows that he won't be playing there whatever happens. The Dutch will (probably) not qualify.

Saints believe he will come back when he realizes they won't sell him, and his desire to play in the World Cup is the ace up the club's sleeve:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-believe-ace-up-sleeve-10980905.amp

The thing is, Holland's WC qualifying prospects are not looking too good right now.

How many example's of footballers in world football history can you name that have refused to play for an entire season?

What benefit is there to him refusing to play once the transfer window is shut? He may get stroppy again in January, but we could hold firm until the summer of 2018 again. Next summer he'll still have 4 years left on his contract, so he'll still be worth a lot of money if we do as we did with Schneiderlin & Wanyama and force them to stay an extra year. Yes, they weren't happy but they still play a key role in very successful seasons.

How many example's of footballers in world football history can you name that have refused to play for an entire season?

What benefit is there to him refusing to play once the transfer window is shut? He may get stroppy again in January, but we could hold firm until the summer of 2018 again. Next summer he'll still have 4 years left on his contract, so he'll still be worth a lot of money if we do as we did with Schneiderlin & Wanyama and force them to stay an extra year. Yes, they weren't happy but they still play a key role in very successful seasons.

By that logic, why sell him next summer? Keep him until 2020.

This is the way to do it (of course it helps if you are one of Europe's super clubs)

Ousmane Dembele: Borussia Dortmund forward suspended 'until further notice'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40915804

There is a definite tide turning back in favour of the club's here as some, including us, so far, are standing up to these prima donnas and saying no !

Apparently so, but I've always thought Gerrard was a bit of a plonk really, all these shows should ditch the pundits for game where they have clear bias, the two pundits for a game should be neutral, I reckon that would be much better.

Gerrard (and Henderson) also share the same agent as Van Dijk ...

Moxley wrote a whole editorial about honouring contracts, not just the byline about the World cup , cant find it online though, He argued that signing if your confident in your own abilities to play at a higher level is dishonourable and disrespectful, he cited Rose and VVD as signing recently improved contracts and that it was only right that they should be held to them , if they had no intention of honouring them they should have let their old contracts run down abd then used Bosman to get the deal and club they desire.

He also stated that football should salute Saints for holding firm

£50-55 million is a more realistic price and the £65M+ was just a 'not for sale' price tag.

If VVD does go to chelsea, he will have to lower his wage demands because 'allegedly' the scousers outbid chelsea and City on that front and the main reason why he considered the move to them.

£50-55 million is a more realistic price and the £65M+ was just a 'not for sale' price tag.

If VVD does go to chelsea, he will have to lower his wage demands because 'allegedly' the scousers outbid chelsea and City on that front and the main reason why he considered the move to them.

He is worth more than Stones.