Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Coutinho has told Klopp he will not play for liverpool again even if it costs him his world cup place .....reported in Mirror today .

So basically he is on strike ........Karma is wonderful

I'd usually find this a little sad but to be honest, me and my boy find this quite amusing if true! :lol:

Coutinho has told Klopp he will not play for liverpool again even if it costs him his world cup place .....reported in Mirror today .

So basically he is on strike ........Karma is wonderful

You have to laugh on RAWK. The contrast between the two threads, the VVD one and the Coutinho one. They live in a different world those bin dippers, everything we have said about VVD, they are now having to say about Coutinho......so funny!

Going on strike is basically the final straw that players like Coutinho & VvD have to force a move, so it wouldn't surprise me if this happens.

Don't you need reasonable cause to go on strike ? Is it not also a group action to protest against some unreasonable condition or other. The player may be refusing to play in games but isn't on strike.

The best way for these chaps to make their point, whatever that may be, would be to play and just get sent off for some reproachable action or other.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Don't you need reasonable cause to go on strike ? Is it not also a group action to protest against some unreasonable condition or other. The player may be refusing to play in games but isn't on strike.

The best way for these chaps to make their point, whatever that may be, would be to play and just get sent off for some reproachable action or other.

If he is withdrawing his labour completely he is on strike, strikes do not have to be made by a group, or at least the size of the group can be one. If a player refuses to do anything that is reasonably expected of him under the terms of his contract, which would include training at the club training ground and other PR duties, not just playing, then he is on strike. I doubt that Coutinho is actually doing all of this, just the playing part. Why would he stop training? Unless of course the Club have banned him from the training ground/facility, which would be very odd given that they want to keep him.

This would be good if true. Liverpool fans & media won't believe it though, as it doesn't fit their narrative...

Simon PeachVerified account @SimonPeach 11m11 minutes agoMore

#SaintsFC are interested in Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt - club keen on Dutch defender but not as replacement for compatriot Virgil van Dijk

That's always going to be the line though, whether it's true or not. They cannot allow the selling club to think we've got £70 million coming in shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be good if true. Liverpool fans & media won't believe it though, as it doesn't fit their narrative...

#SaintsFC are interested in Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt - club keen on Dutch defender but not as replacement for compatriot Virgil van Dijk

AS you say LFC and press won't believe it. What they fail to understand is that our business model seems to have changed, both due to increase in money coming in, as well as a new owner. Kreuger even said that there was no need to sell THIS year unlike in other years. But no one seems to be listening. (As a caveat, I do realise that everyone has their price, and if anyone was to offer £80m or more, then.......)

Hoedt would make sense, even if VVD stays for the coming season.

Can't see Gardos sticking around, Jan isn't ready yet, Jack is clearly going to play a fair bit. An extra body gives us the option for 3 at the back.

How long is left on Maya's contract?

Can't see Gardos sticking around, Jan isn't ready yet, Jack is clearly going to play a fair bit. An extra body gives us the option for 3 at the back.

This is about as ITK that I'll ever be. I have an acquaintance who is good friends with Gardos. He reckons that he is happy at the club and not looking for a move elsewhere.

That would be great news.

CB area still weak since Fonte left and 1 quality player short.

We've been stronger without Fonte who was on the slide, it was VVD we missed, Yoshi and JackS did a great job but no one in the whole Premier league would fully cover for Van Dyke

Honestly can't see we would spend 15million on a player and have him as the number 3 CB. It would mean that Jack becomes the long-term no.3 and we let Yoshida go in a year.

No chance we will be going with VVD, Hoedt, Stephens, Yoshida and Bednarek. If Hoedt comes in then I'd be staggered if that doesn't mean VVD is off.

The general consensus everywhere seems to be that Bednarek is for the U23 team. Everyone has been begging for a 'Fonte replacement', surely Hoedt could be that? But I am inclined to agree with your assumption sadly.

Uh oh, Ralph Krueger has done an interview stating VVD will not be sold.
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15477027.Krueger__Virgil_will_be_welcomed_back_when_he_accepts_he_is_not_for_sale/

Krueger was asked whether Saints would even turn down a ludicrous offer if one came in and replied: “I will tell you one thing - over the years we have spoken I don't give definite answers where there isn't a definite.

“With all the knowledge I have today and all the information I have on my plate right now my answer is we are carrying our strategy through the summer and that's it. “

Edited by trousers

That interview with Krueger sounds to me like... club and VVD have agreed a deal for him to stay on and play for another year like what they did with Morgan...

Good news if true.

I can't see him being sold this window now. Impossible after that statement

Durham is a big fan of saints tbf

I think perhaps he is as far as our stability is concerned, but lately I've heard him roll out the same lines as many others about the inevitability of VvD going to Liverpool etc. At the weekend he said something about Pellegrino being "Puel in disguise" because we'd failed to score.

I think that's more or less that.

The 'not definite' is probably down to the fact that at the start of this window you could have safely said that Neymar is definitely not for sale... it's very slightly possible an insane offer that we literally can't ignore comes in from someone other than Liverpool.

You have to laugh on RAWK. The contrast between the two threads, the VVD one and the Coutinho one. They live in a different world those bin dippers, everything we have said about VVD, they are now having to say about Coutinho......so funny!

I can't wait until September the 1 st when, (here's hoping) Coutinho goes and they don't get VVD, for the 'We didn't want him anyway' double posts.

Loverly jubbly.

That'll appear on RAWK as:

Eh,eh,eh, Dat Simon PEEEEECH just tweetid dat the Chiken FAHKERS ar makin' a bid for Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt asa replasmen fer VV........yer 'erd it 'er firsssssssta.

That'll appear on RAWK as:

Eh,eh,eh, Dat Simon PEEEEECH just tweetid dat the Chiken FAHKERS ar makin' a bid for Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt asa replasmen fer VV........yer 'erd it 'er firsssssssta.

No it wont because they have finally got the message it seems and closed the VVD thread on RAWK .............bout time ....lets move on