Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/898478752?-11205:798:0

Liverpool echo still think they will get their man.

HOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Not because they have edited the Times article to fit their argument, (where is the mention of 'This Month'?), but because they have actually admitted his price tag is the Saints £70 million, not the Liverpool £60 million.

Small victories i'll always take.

D

I do like the phrase in that article "Southampton digging their heels in like a toddler on the first day of nursery,"..

So can we say things like "Liverpool grooming VVD by promising him sweeties"..?

We should just keep repeating all this f**kwittery we're constantly hearing/reading word-for-word but with a Barcelona/Coutinho slant.

...Exhibit #327 M'Lud, "The Liverpool situation is strange. I don't know what we have done to upset Liverpool to the fact they are being so stubborn about it"

and #328 "Liverpool digging their heels in like a toddler on the first day of nursery"

and...

Don't know whether to be surprised by this comment or not .........

"The Southampton situation is strange. I don't know what we have done to upset Southampton to the fact they are being so stubborn about it."

It's probably the thing they issued the embarrassing public apology about, Titty Jan.

£120m WTF. They could recoup the money theyve given us for Clyne (10) Lambert (4) Lambert (25) Lovren (20) Mane (30) and still have enough change to buy a coutinho replacement.

Crazy money

£120m WTF. They could recoup the money theyve given us for Clyne (10) Lambert (4) Lambert (25) Lovren (20) Mane (30) and still have enough change to buy a coutinho replacement.

Crazy money

At least we managed to sell Lambert to them twice & for a hefty profit

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Van Dyk

What a shambles

So Saints are making a stand are they ? Van Dyk won't leave in this transfer window ( but nailed on for January ) Will he PLAY any matches for his Club ( Saints ) ? No way

So, what is the end result ? Van Dyk says he doesn't want to play, so, SFC won't consider him for First Team Duty Why not ? Is he not under Contract ? Ah, now there lies the problem

People should wake up to the fact that, these days, players are signed to TRAIN, with a view to selection to play on Match days

What good is that to the SUPPORTERS

Van Dyk will continue training, right up to January, then he will be sold

What a great stance by Southampton Football Club

Is he losing any money ? No, because he is honouring his Contract by TRAINING

Pathetic

Oh for someone with Balls like Laurie McMenemy, or Brian Clough, or Alex Ferguson

They would have sorted out these “ players “ PDQ

Van Dyk

What a shambles

So Saints are making a stand are they ? Van Dyk won't leave in this transfer window ( but nailed on for January ) Will he PLAY any matches for his Club ( Saints ) ? No way

So, what is the end result ? Van Dyk says he doesn't want to play, so, SFC won't consider him for First Team Duty Why not ? Is he not under Contract ? Ah, now there lies the problem

People should wake up to the fact that, these days, players are signed to TRAIN, with a view to selection to play on Match days

Pathetic

Oh for someone with Balls like Laurie McMenemy, or Brian Clough, or Alex Ferguson

No reason why he can't play.

Van Dyk

What a shambles

Pathetic

Thank THE LORD we've still got our very own SWIVEL EYED lunatic to bash out a load of CAPITAL LETTER horsesh it.

Van Dyk

What a shambles

Pathetic

If the club's action is not taking a stand, we now have an alternative strategy that could have been used. The club could have told Van **** it had learnt through the media that he'd been talking to Liverpool and that Saints just wanted to check whether he did still wish to play for Southampton, or not. He could have been shouted at, like Brian Clough might have done, but if the answer was 'No' the player could have been asked to hang on for a few days while Liverpool were asked how much they would like to pay. The whole thing would have all been over in days and we'd have had a few million to spend on someone else. Then, when other players on long contracts did the same thing, this new policy could have been used every time.

In making his suggestion, SaintRichmond may have an advantage if he's seen that part of the Chairman's statement which said the player will be sold in January. The rest of us missed that and just thought Ralph Krueger was setting out policy based on present facts on the basis that committing yourself to future decisions BEFORE you have to make them is not good practice.

Forecasting the future is an uncertain activity but there seem to be grounds to think that a few weeks out of the game will begin to focus the player's mind on needing to make something of his short career. He'll be 31 when his Saints' contract expires and his career will be considerably shorter by then.

Edited by Professor

Van Dyk

What a shambles

Pathetic

Cock

If the club's action is not taking a stand, we now have an alternative strategy that could have been used. The club could have told Van **** it had learnt through the media that he'd been talking to Liverpool and that Saints just wanted to check whether he did still wish to play for Southampton, or not. He could have been shouted at, like Brian Clough might have done, but if the answer was 'No' the player could have been asked to hang on for a few days while Liverpool were asked how much they would like to pay. The whole thing would have all been over in days and we'd have had a few million to spend on someone else. Then, when other players on long contracts did the same thing, this new policy could have been used every time.

In making his suggestion, SaintRichmond may have an advantage if he's seen that part of the Chairman's statement which said the player will be sold in January. The rest of us missed that and just thought Ralph Krueger was setting out policy based on present facts on the basis that committing yourself to future decisions BEFORE you have to make them is not good practice.

Forecasting the future is an uncertain activity but there seem to be grounds to think that a few weeks out of the game will begin to focus the player's mind on needing to make something of his short career. He'll be 31 when his Saints' contract expires and his career will be considerably shorter by then.

I don't think the likes of Clough would have necessarily 'shouted'. He might have done, but only if the circumstances merited it. I think Koeman would/could have been equally blunt. I think MP probably can be but prefers another stance; he strikes me as someone who's not too interested in playing politics. Look at Klopp's press conference the other day when he got quizzed about Coutinho: he played nice for a while then he got bored answering the same question because 'journalists' can't actually do anything other than ask 3 questions it seems, then looked to hit the speculation on the head and concentrate on the important matter.

If this 'speculation', which affects those who have nothing else in their lives rather than the (I hope) still sensible majority, comes to anything or not who cares? If a professional footballer can't concentrate on the game and ignore a load of tittle tattle about 'who said what' then that might explain why they're so mentally-weak as to have reached a very good level in a discipline that is intensively competitive and in a sport that millions love and would love to play at the level that these men do. This really is a rather pointless thread and having seen what they do on RAWK and close one down temporarily when it degenerates into waffle think that would be best done to this one.

Yeh like the club are going to let Chelsea sign basically our entire defence barely a week before the end of the window.

Gazzetta del Sport in Italy reckon Juve are looking at VVD.

I'd jump at the opportunity to ship him off abroad for anything over £60million to be honest.

According to the Express Chelsea are in for Van D-ick' date=' Cedric and Bertrand. As if that's ever going to happen http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843367/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Antonio-Conte-Virgil-van-Dijk-Cedric-Ryan-Bertrand-Danny-Drinkwater[/quote']Something definitely amiss with Bertrand l thought it was Puel but he looks so miserable and can't wait to get off the pitch to me.

Shame I really think on his day one of the best in England.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Something definitely amiss with Bertrand l thought it was Puel but he looks so miserable and can't wait to get off the pitch to me.

He fully expected to be a City player this season so he's naturally pis_sed off that he's not.

Sooner the window closes the better.

Something definitely amiss with Bertrand l thought it was Puel but he looks so miserable and can't wait to get off the pitch to me.

That we do agree on. He drifted through the game. Loose passing, seemed disinterested and couldn't wait to get off the pitch. Blatantly overlooked on the overlap by Redmond a couple of times too but I'm not sure if that's down to Redmond not getting his head up or I'm reading too much into it. Either way, if that's what we can expect until the next window I'd rather see a committed Targett and McQueen fighting for the LB role.

TBF though Bertrand was one of our best players against Swansea last week