Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Maybe Bertrand just had an off day - happens sometimes. I thought he was very good against Swansea.

We can't decide people are leaving, want out, hate it hear, hate the manager, have had their head turned, every time they underperform or don't do a full lap of appreciation.

Maybe Bertrand just had an off day - happens sometimes. I thought he was very good against Swansea.

We can't decide people are leaving, want out, hate it hear, hate the manager, have had their head turned, every time they underperform or don't do a full lap of appreciation.

He was quite poor yesterday, no doubt. Maybe it was partly due to the injury he picked up against Swansea, though you would wonder why he played if he was still feeling the effects, McQueen or Targett could have ably deputised. But why he switched off completely for their goal is hard to understand.

Conte has got his sights on the Southampton defensive trio Virgil van Dijk, Cedric Soares and Ryan Bertrand - who started his career at Stamford Bridge.

The trio could cost as much as £150 million but face competition from Liverpool for van Dijk and Bertrand while Soares is believed to also interest Spurs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843367/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Antonio-Conte-Virgil-van-Dijk-Cedric-Ryan-Bertrand-Danny-Drinkwater

Maybe our new owner will be open to a bid of £210m for the 3? ;)

Conte has got his sights on the Southampton defensive trio Virgil van Dijk, Cedric Soares and Ryan Bertrand - who started his career at Stamford Bridge.

The trio could cost as much as £150 million but face competition from Liverpool for van Dijk and Bertrand while Soares is believed to also interest Spurs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843367/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Antonio-Conte-Virgil-van-Dijk-Cedric-Ryan-Bertrand-Danny-Drinkwater

The reaction on here if we sell our best 3 defenders with 10 days of the transfer window left would be fun.

Do these people read what they write?

Even though it won't happen obviously, ripping the team apart a week and a bit before the end of the window, but £150 million is actually close to the valuation I'd expect for the trio, £40 million each on the full backs and £70 million on VVD. Still, won't happen. Seriously are we the only team with players that can play for the top 6 in the World? :lol:

I'd still love VVD to stay and buckle down but I don't think we've seen the end of this saga yet. Bertrand and Cedric will just have to wait another year...

Really need VVD back playing again as he will bring calm back to our team.

Lacked a true leader today and I do think he is priceless for us.

What a pilchard you are! VVD is a disgrace, he went behind our backs to move to the club we hate the most, he is refusing to play, yet keeping his pay smugly as he tiptoes the rules, training but no playing! How can you trust him! every mistake he will make i will wonder if he did it on purpose. Does this man live in Southampton? can you see him at the training sessions or driving too and fro from the ground? where are our supporters who will bleed for this club! not asking for violence, NEVER, but rattle the mans cage (it is probably a penthouse), !@#$ off signs, some choice banter! a tossed rotten egg (like him). We are way to soft, Lalla, Fonte and vvd deserve our best efforts to make them feel like the ****s they are! would love to see the Liverpool bus "held up" like MANU had a while back. Where are my hardass shipyard mates, you all turned into sunnyside tourist? If I had the money I would let him see out his contract, 6 years of VVD bashing, would make any other sleaze movers think twice.

Saints MARCH ON, and over, anyone who want to screw our club!

:hunt:

What a pilchard you are! VVD is a disgrace, he went behind our backs to move to the club we hate the most, he is refusing to play, yet keeping his pay smugly as he tiptoes the rules, training but no playing! How can you trust him! every mistake he will make i will wonder if he did it on purpose. Does this man live in Southampton? can you see him at the training sessions or driving too and fro from the ground? where are our supporters who will bleed for this club! not asking for violence, NEVER, but rattle the mans cage (it is probably a penthouse), !@#$ off signs, some choice banter! a tossed rotten egg (like him). We are way to soft, Lalla, Fonte and vvd deserve our best efforts to make them feel like the ****s they are! would love to see the Liverpool bus "held up" like MANU had a while back. Where are my hardass shipyard mates, you all turned into sunnyside tourist? If I had the money I would let him see out his contract, 6 years of VVD bashing, would make any other sleaze movers think twice.

I'm sensing you're a tad disgruntled? Edited by trousers

Even though it won't happen obviously, ripping the team apart a week and a bit before the end of the window, but £150 million is actually close to the valuation I'd expect for the trio, £40 million each on the full backs and £70 million on VVD. Still, won't happen. Seriously are we the only team with players that can play for the top 6 in the World? :lol:

I'd still love VVD to stay and buckle down but I don't think we've seen the end of this saga yet. Bertrand and Cedric will just have to wait another year...

We sell all 3 for 150m and the 80% stake has only cost Gao 60m !?

When did VVD decide he wanted to play for Portsmouth?

We have a new owner with no track record who has just stumped up 210m which he doesnt have.

Anything's possible.

And even if Chelsea dont get all 3, Graham Roberts is busy telling the media that Spurs have a new RB coming in. Anyone want to put money against it being Cedric ?

We have a new owner with no track record who has just stumped up 210m which he doesnt have.

Anything's possible.

And even if Chelsea dont get all 3, Graham Roberts is busy telling the media that Spurs have a new RB coming in. Anyone want to put money against it being Cedric ?

I will. None of the 3 including Cedric will be leaving in this window.

I noticed Kevin Keegan on SSN earlier, said something along the lines of Liverpool should let Coutinho leave, and can't moan about Barcelona unsettling him because they've been doing the same thing to VVD.

I always did like King Kev myself, even if he is before my time.

I noticed Kevin Keegan on SSN earlier, said something along the lines of Liverpool should let Coutinho leave, and can't moan about Barcelona unsettling him because they've been doing the same thing to VVD.

I always did like King Kev myself, even if he is before my time.

Listening to the whole thing and Keegan spoke with real sense.

Listened to 606 on Saturday and a Liverpool fan came on and said 'With Cortinho playing for us we will win the league and without him our the replacements for him we will win the league.'

What a arrogant ****.

Then a Saints fan came on and quite frankly he could not get his point across and when asked to explain it he struggled before apologising and then saying the ****e word before getting cut off.

Embarrassing for us.

Hmmm. At least hes not training alone any more.

Was it ever officially stated that he was training "alone"? IIRC, all Saints ever said was that he wasn't training with the first team squad. Perhaps he's been training with the U23s all along?

Liverpool reported saying that if they don't get VVD they won't be signing an alternative. that's them screwed then. As we weren't going to sell to them anyway that as sure as hell would make sure.

I suppose they are going to spend the rest of the season tapping him up for us to then sell him to somebody else. Why don't they give it a rest we aren't going to sell him to Liverpool. I be surprised if LFC, VVD and the agent haven't been informed that we won't sell him to them. All the agitation by the ex players etc is desperation.