Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

The Express must have the least talented group of "journalists" out there. I've always thought they were in the same boat as the Daily Mail for odiousness, but actually I think it's just that their stories are embarrassingly low quality.

The Express must have the least talented group of "journalists" out there. I've always thought they were in the same boat as the Daily Mail for odiousness, but actually I think it's just that their stories are embarrassingly low quality.

It's an impressive feat to make the Mail look Shakespearean in quality, but that is what the Express does. (Well it doesn't really as the Mail is **** as well, just not as **** as the Express)

whats any of this got to do with VVD ?
Yeah, sorry. He was supposed to be playing in this game which I'm at. He isn't but don't think there's a match thread so I started putting updates here. Will start a thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry. He was supposed to be playing in this game which I'm at. He isn't but don't think there's a match thread so I started putting updates here. Will start a thread.

All those scousehampton fans will be well confused when they come on for their daily update.. Lol

Chelsea have made it clear to Southampton they remain interested in signing £60m-rated Van Dijk, but have also agreed to respect the stance of the St Mary’s club until any point that it changes.0

It is hoped that by taking a soft approach that Chelsea will put themselves first in line to potentially land Van Dijk if and when Southampton’s stance changes, whether that is before the end of this window, in January or even next summer.

Liverpool FC, take note. That's how you behave as a football club and when you do you are more likely to earn respect and potentially your patience may be rewarded.

Act like scum, get treated like scum.

Following Tom28 around a bit. That's very funny! :lol:

I get bits and pieces from a couple of different places. To be fair, I've only just really started posting but I do get some news here and there and if I can post it I will, much like the Berty info which is correct. He would like a move and hoped for one this window but isn't having a hissy fit and just cracking on. Saturday was an off game and he wasn't 100% after the Swansea game.

Virgil info is harder to come by, the club are being tight lipped but I will say I wouldn't expect him to just start playing when sept 1st comes and he's still here. He's not a happy bunny.

He has literally just left the stadium. Not sure why.

Hopefully a decent bid comes in from any club other than Liverpool.

All this bluster coming from the club is bollix,just trying to save face.

We've backed ourselves into a corner unless VVD blames his agent and makes peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've backed ourselves into a corner unless VVD blames his agent and makes peace.

Don't you feel embarrassed posting rubbish like that?

No. We've stood our ground, with good reason. Virgil's the one in a corner.

The updates I have on most stuff is already out in the press. Hoedt is signing. Being signed as a starter.

Clasie and Gazzaniga both off (posted about that a couple of weeks ago though). One more to go too apparently. Unlikely to be Long I'm told. MP likes him.

On VVD, there is an offer. It's close to valuation but will be rejected, even if its increased. Three other clubs have enquired; all EPL. Doesn't look like any will get close to valuation. May change as window closes. Stalemate still...club refusing to sell, player refusing to play. Something went on today relating to a fine. Not sure what. Club seemingly prepared to keep him in the knowledge he may continue to refuse to play.

One more player to come in. Attacking player.

I have more info on some of these things but can't share I'm afraid.

The updates I have on most stuff is already out in the press. Hoedt is signing. Being signed as a starter.

Clasie and Gazzaniga both off (posted about that a couple of weeks ago though). One more to go too apparently. Unlikely to be Long I'm told. MP likes him.

On VVD, there is an offer. It's close to valuation but will be rejected, even if its increased. Three other clubs have enquired; all EPL. Doesn't look like any will get close to valuation. May change as window closes. Stalemate still...club refusing to sell, player refusing to play. Something went on today relating to a fine. Not sure what. Club seemingly prepared to keep him in the knowledge he may continue to refuse to play.

cheers dude

interesting on the one more to go and maybe not long (outside of the VvD saga)....who could that be? Gardos??? or one of the younger lads on loan?

Cedric/Bertrand?

Cheers. Interested about the bid close to valuation. I read that as being a bid from Liverpool, hence why it won't be accepted even if increased?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

cheers dude

interesting on the one more to go and maybe not long (outside of the VvD saga)....who could that be? Gardos??? or one of the younger lads on loan?

Cedric/Bertrand?

I would have thought Cedric/Bertrand came under the same heading as Van Dijk - won't sell unless we want to, and we don't.

:suspicious:

I wonder if the extra one leaving a squad player? Or a biggie? (Cedric or Berty)

This is the one I'm curious about. Any clue on if it's a Striker or Winger?

Edited by SuperSAINT

cheers dude

Cedric/Bertrand?

Won't be Cedric or RB either. If the club has any chance of reconciling with VVD after the window closes, both of those players will still need to be here.

Interesting that Barca are planning to sue Neymar

Barcelona take legal action against Neymar for not fulfilling his contract

Barca's complaint relates to Neymar having signed a fresh deal until 2021 in October last year, with the club hoping to recoup his "renewal premium" as well as €8.5m (£7.8m) in damages and a further 10 per cent in arrears.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/barcelona-take-legal-action-against-neymar-for-not-fulfilling-his-contract/ar-AAqxMII?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

Won't be Cedric or RB either. If the club has any chance of reconciling with VVD after the window closes, both of those players will still need to be here.

Gardos the obvious pick. Can't think of anyone else really who could realistically leave.

(If Long / Cedric / Bertrand aren't candidates)

Thanks. Think you said some time ago that if any of those three were allowed to leave, there would be big problems with the other two.

And, is the signing of a Dutch CB in any way likely to make VVD happier? I recall it being suggested he could be open to staying if there is ambition and investment in players.

Would suggest liverpool made an unwanted bid however I thought they wouldn't make a move unless we gave them the green light? Not sure why we would reject a bid close to valuation otherwise though.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Would suggest liverpool made an unwanted bid however I thought they wouldn't make a move unless we gave them the green light? Not sure why we would reject a bid close to valuation otherwise though.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Can't see it being LFC as they ended all interest. We rejected imho as we want to keep him.