Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Ha.

Still expect him to sign for them, just with an extra 10m added to the price.

After all, they cannot afford to alienate the 'scouting network.'

Still, wonderful to get some humility from those perennial self-righteous entitled victims.

Edited by Colinjb

Southampton have absolutely no obligation to accept any transfer request handed to them.

Worst case scenario is he strikes or feigns injury, surely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From RAWK - the delusion is strong with this one.

I'm not sure whether this is just a negotiating strategy.

We register interest in him.

He says he wants to join us

They put a ridiculous price tag on him and get in a huff with us.

We have no interest at that price point so say we're sorry and say we're moving on.

Then one of two things happen:

1) They crap themselves because they were playing hard ball and it backfires, they have a player on their hands who wants to join us, so other teams will likely be less interested now as they don't want to be someone's 2nd choice. So they rekindle our interest in him.

2) They genuinely are wanting £60-70M and were being honest, not playing hardball and in which case we don't get him. Quite right too.

We cannot lose in this situation. I think it's actually pretty smart.

:lol:

Apparently Katherina has been evading tax.

No she hasn't but there is a question mark over her Father's country of residence when he died. This could mean there is a tax liability for inheritance tax in Germany. Although the tax authorities in Germany have stated she has done nothing wrong. However if IHT is found to be due it won't be anything like the figures quoted as that's based upon Saints current valuation of £200m and in reality it will be based upon Saints value at the time of Markus' death.

Nah, still there.

Several of our crew saw that it was missing but reinstated a few mins later. We haven't seen the last of this for sure.

Moral victory for us if he goes to anywhere but Liverpool I guess, but the damage has been done. Best we can hope is a season a la Morgan and Vic which is pretty much what most of us had expected.

But is his heart in it, dream move denied, lack of trust from the top, captaincy likely to be taken away.

I really hate Closed season weeks ... they bring more grief and heartache than any weekend defeats!!

The guy on RAWK is right when he says their club is run by a bunch of amateurs. From their perspective, this situation was completely avoidable if only they weren't so ****ing desperate to be seen to be doing these deals. Saints would have been none the wiser if Liverpool hadn't leaked some pretty extraordinary details of the contact to their mates in the press, and every single one of them released the details publicly at the same time, so it was clearly a co-ordinated effort on their part.

Now they've been backed into a corner, they've ****ed themselves. Whether he would actually have gone there or not, who knows, but they've no chance now.

I don't see why any Premier League investigation wouldn't continue, the statement is effectively an admission of guilt, and considering they already have a transfer ban for similar conduct regarding academy players, that should be extended to senior players. That would be just punishment for them. Everyone knows that tapping up goes on all the time, but everyone else manages to do it quietly.

All L-Pool fans at work that has been laughing and saying we did it again and you know this feeder club bull - all of a sudden it's not so fun any more - probably wear my Saints shirt to work tomorrow just to show who's got the last laught : )

Still think they should be investigated, an apology shouldn't excuse you from breaking the rules, 'sorry officer I sped' 'on you go son, no fine for you today'.

Giving them a freaking transfer ban, it's hardly like this is the first time, they did this with Dempsey and they were found out tapping up youth kids from other clubs as well. Ban them, give the rest of a premier league a laugh and a stark warning this crap has to end.

I hope at the very least it means they have a transfer ban from us.

This is funny stuff and RAWK is a good read at present, but it's also a huge statement towards clubs that feel they can bully smaller teams. We've dug our feet in, slapped a £70 million tag on his head, effectively grown a pair of testicles from previous summers (as we're in a better position to do with players on longer contracts) and Liverpool have effectively used underhand tactics to get what they want.

Makes you wonder why they've made a statement though, effectively admitting guilt. Surely it'd be wiser just to keep quiet?

Anyway I still think VVD will go, perhaps even to 'Pool (especially if that's actually his preferred destination), but surely we'll get most of the money we're looking for now.

Other clubs that like to be vocal in the media (West Ham looking at you) will be a bit worried tonight...