Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

They are apologising as they have acted wrong so should they not face a proper punishment? Otherwise what good are the premier league rules.

If you have a look at the link above, it seems as if this has played out exactly as the Demspey 'move' did. We agreed to withdraw our complaint to PL as long as they ended interest and put a grovelling apology on their official channels. That's my take on it anyway.

If you have a look at the link above, it seems as if this has played out exactly as the Demspey 'move' did. We agreed to withdraw our complaint to PL as long as they ended interest and put a grovelling apology on their official channels. That's my take on it anyway.

As far as I can tell, we've done no such thing. They've put out a grovelling apology as a way to try to draw a line under it...

We should continue to pursue this to the end, IMO.

As far as I can tell, we've done no such thing. They've put out a grovelling apology as a way to try to draw a line under it...

PL have apparently come out and said that this apology is the end of the matter as far as they're concerned.

Surely the Premier League can (should?) act on the evidence in front of them once they become aware of it, regardless of whether the complaint is withdrawn or not? Either Liverpool have broken league rules or they haven't. Or are the PL saying that they are happy to turn a blind eye to teams breaking rules?

Surely the Premier League can (should?) act on the evidence in front of them once they become aware of it, regardless of whether the complaint is withdrawn or not? Either Liverpool have broken league rules or they haven't. Or are the PL saying that they are happy to turn a blind eye to teams breaking rules?

Probably the latter. We all know that they wouldn't want to punish one of their favorites. Golden child of the league and all that.

''The Premier League subsequently confirmed it was looking into the matter, but Sky sources understand that, as far as the league is concerned, the apology is the end of the matter and they are unlikely to take any further action.''

As long as your say sorry, it's fine.

Probably the latter. We all know that they wouldn't want to punish one of their favorites. Golden child of the league and all that.

''The Premier League subsequently confirmed it was looking into the matter, but Sky sources understand that, as far as the league is concerned, the apology is the end of the matter and they are unlikely to take any further action.''

that is like being caught with your hand in the till and still allowed to keep what you have in your hand

For the benefit of all smaller clubs like us, WBA, WHU etc etc we should most certainly push through with things and not drop it. If we do drop it, then what really changes? Nothing. The big boys will continue to trample on us. Might put the PL in a tricky position though, as they are keen to support the big boys.

has vvd ever actually said he wants to move,either to the bin dippers or anybody else,or are you all just believing the media ****** about this?

the club for a change hold all the aces here and if vvd wants to sulk he can or he can do a morgan and get on with it.

personally I believe we will get another season out of him and his value may even go up.

lastly,ha ****ing ha to the bin dippers

has vvd ever actually said he wants to move,either to the bin dippers or anybody else,or are you all just believing the media ****** about this?

the club for a change hold all the aces here and if vvd wants to sulk he can or he can do a morgan and get on with it.

personally I believe we will get another season out of him and his value may even go up.

lastly,ha ****ing ha to the bin dippers

So you don't believe VVD wants to go to Liverpool but then go on to talk about him sulking and you start laughing at Liverpool?

If it is all "media *****" that you don't believe then what is VVD going to be sulking about and what are you laughing at Liverpool for?

Les possibly confronted Virgil and got his evidence. Very difficult to cover up flight histories, passenger names because of security, a trail that would be very easy to follow.

I suspect the apology is an attempt at damage control after the panic reaction of being caught whilst having already been banned for tapping kids for the academy. I doubt Saints asked for an apology as they are looking to make a point. Lambert admitted regular contact with Gerrard before he Lallana and Lovren left leaving a nasty taste. Then Clyne and Mane. I know we got good money but it was the way it was done at the time. VVD has over five years left on his contract and Bertrand over four years giving the club the decision.

Liverpool may well now get charged. It's time they got their comeuppance. A few more need a lesson. The Sky money to everybody is a game changer.

I accept that discussions between players and interest clubs happen all the time.

I accept VVD is still likely to leave this summer.

But how delicious is it that a club exists in this world who is stupid enough to brief the media by their own doing and admit to acting against Premier League rules and then **** themselves so much they issue an apology like a 10 year old :lol:

Liverpool Football Club :lol:

Just an idle fantasy for us to enjoy....

....what if it was a case of "Agent Virgil" all along? Perhaps as our loyal and astute Captain he agreed with Ralph and Les to let Liverpool THINK he was interested in going to Anfield, and then set about gathering all the evidence necessary to humiliate Liverpool as revenge for the years of pain we have suffered at their hands?

High Level meeting today... Liverpool Chairman to Les " You don't have any evidence of this. It's an outrage."

Les, "Actually, I'm sitting here with Virgil our team Captain, and he has handed me his smart phone and pointed out 372 soliciting texts from one J Klopp. Oh and he has several recordings of their 'secret' conversations in Blackpool which came from the wire we provided him with. Over to you...."

agree with you,wheres he said anything,all started by some scouse **** reporter and now they/ve been rumbled for tapping up

Southampton reported Liverpool to the FA and they issued a grovelling, humilating apology for something that hasn't happened? You really sure about that?

So you don't believe VVD wants to go to Liverpool but then go on to talk about him sulking and you start laughing at Liverpool?

If it is all "media *****" that you don't believe then what is VVD going to be sulking about and what are you laughing at Liverpool

I'm laughing at Liverpool for getting caught as its been said with their hand in the cookie jar,that ok by you?

It's like me agreeing a deal to buy a house with an estate agent and not telling the owner of said house...it's no deal at all

Theoretically speaking and as absurd as it sounds, yes. But footballs a bit different... players do agree terms before the clubs agree terms themselves all the time

I did and I stand by it... the problem was between the clubs, not between the player and Liverpool evidently

Clearly the story here is that a deal isn't agreed if we haven't agreed to it - or even been approached.

This will stand us in good stead for many years to come.

Clearly the story here is that a deal isn't agreed if we haven't agreed to it - or even been approached.

This will stand us in good stead for many years to come.

I hope so... will certainlyhelp is be perceived as a bit more ambitious by those in the squad also wanting to jump ship

just looked and whilst the profile pic has changed the word Southampton still very much exists in his profile. Why do people make this crap up ?

Probably was but Morgan and Victor both threw hissy fits when we said no to them it hopefully won't last long if he knows we won't sell him (he could of course still be sold to someone else yet) and he will just knuckle down and get on with it. TBH he must have surely considered the possibility he might have to stay at saints longer when he signed a new contract?

If you can be bothered, it's probably worth revisiting my posts

You really are one. With your hit rate for ITK stuff, its safe to say we can typically take the exact opposite of what you say as the actual truth.

No idea how something can be a done deal when the club who holds the contract have not even been spoken to.

just looked and whilst the profile pic has changed the word Southampton still very much exists in his profile. Why do people make this crap up ?

I'm not making anything up - just posting a link. If you read the article it states he changed his profile pic from Saints colours to his Dutch immediately after the apology broke. Which appears to be true. It also states that he deleted the saints thing but it was later re-instated. That also appears to be true. It's possible to conclude that he's having a bit of a sulk or it's just one big coincidence.