Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Next summer

Maybe. We have to walk that particular line where we can attract players in, knowing that we will let them go, but at the same time, that we won't lie down and be trampled all over. I thought Morgan might have shown that already, but seemingly the players and (especially) press seem to have forgotten that and they all think that we are sops

Is anyone else getting a little peeved with this ongoing saga.

the press, the radio, the papers all seem to so much about our business and players.

has any of the below actually happened or is it pure speculation

VVD publicly stated that hew wanted to go to Liverpool

VVD publicly stated that he wants to leave

VVD publicly stated how angry and upset he was that the deal was supposedly stopped

Have Saints publicly stated that they want to sell him

what happened to he had just had his house in Winchester finished and did not want to uproot his wife and family

the only time that we can be absolutely sure that VVD is going is when Lies Greed comes out and says that he is definitely going to stay

I thought that the purpose of signing all our decent players to long contracts was so that we could keep them an extra couple of years and actually build a successful team.

when their contracts have run down a little and the requirement is to sell because that is the clubs business model Saints should absolutely make it clear that we will never do business with Liverpool again, they will not get their thieving grubby little hands on any of our players ever again.

the press, the radio, the papers all seem to so much about our business and players.

VVD publicly stated how angry and upset he was that the deal was supposedly stopped

what happened to he had just had his house in Winchester finished and did not want to uproot his wife and family

the only time that we can be absolutely sure that VVD is going is when Lies Greed comes out and says that he is definitely going to stay

I thought that the purpose of signing all our decent players to long contracts was so that we could keep them an extra couple of years and actually build a successful team.

when their contracts have run down a little and the requirement is to sell because that is the clubs business model Saints should absolutely make it clear that we will never do business with Liverpool again, they will not get their thieving grubby little hands on any of our players ever again.

Pretty good summary but why you felt you need to write the highlighted bit is beyond me or are you related to Heisnb olloks

A player or club doesn't need to publicly state something for it to be true - There have been many reliable sources on here, not606 and in the press that have confirmed VVD wants to go and his social media activity a few weeks ago when the tapping up saga came about confirms that.

Watch when he is back from holiday. His agent already has instructed him to put in a transfer request.
Well I suspect his agent will be in the dock as well as Liverpool.

Do you have any good claims lawyers? you must know one. I want to make a claim against Liverpool FC as their tapping up has made me unwell and stressed, I got whiplash as I keep banging my head on the desk as Im so upset, which has in turn damaged the designer desk. Liverpool have admitted they have done wrong so its just a case of agreeing the compensation. I reckon £1m will be a fair starter.

It would be quite staggering to sell a player for £75 million.

It would be when you put that value in relation to the amount the club would cost to buy.

Perhaps the club are relaxed about a late bid coming in, with the the knowledge that we survived without him for the 2nd half of last season.

Jesus wept. Thanks for the transfer request Virgil - but you're going nowhere. See contract for further information. Whether he stays or goes is 100% up to the club unless there are clauses in his contract that are met. Just telll him and the dole queuers that he's not for sale.

I cannot see the club selling Van Dijk. Let alone put a price tag on him.

If the club were to do that the club would be in breach on themselves so would Van Dijk, because when Virgil took over as captain it was written into his contract he cannot leave for at least

2 years at any price or at any bid to any club.

In laymans terms: It's virtually f**** impossible to sign him.

Straight out of the mouth of "a" tier 4/5 employee. (Tier 7 is Reed / Liebherr herself.)

That's why SFC reacted the way they did when Liverpool tapped him up.

And don't forget he was already tied into a 6 year deal when Fonte was still here anyway.

So the earliest he can leave is when that clause expires and if he does go before that they've buckled and/or made a right mess of it and it would be a world record fee

... at least (Rock bottom LEAST) the £75M Ericb has said above. If that is true then good work getting that info out of them.

I'd say it would be closer to £100M. Just my opinion.

No way would it be less than £75M which rules out liverpool especially if they are in for Mbappe as reported and my main man Ox Chambo.

Liverpool would be outlaying at least (or the best) part of £200M this window on 3 F*** players. Can't see that.

They would financially implode.

Despite all that, I already know they aren't willing to sell to Liverpool. (At least not Van Dijk).

As if we'll sell him to Liverpool. We are dealing with the elite here, and they come nowhere near.

FWIW, I'd sell him for £75 million, absolutely ridiculous money for a CB, even if he is the best one in the world.

Happy that we finally appear to be getting tougher on it all, seems a bit of a win-win.

If the club were to do that the club would be in breach on themselves so would Van Dijk, because when Virgil took over as captain it was written into his contract he cannot leave for at least

Straight out of the mouth of "a" tier 4/5 employee. (Tier 7 is Reed / Liebherr herself.)

And don't forget he was already tied into a 6 year deal when Fonte was still here anyway.

So the earliest he can leave is when that clause expires and if he does go before that they've buckled and/or made a right mess of it and it would be a world record fee

... at least (Rock bottom LEAST) the £75M Ericb has said above. If that is true then good work getting that info out of them.

No way would it be less than £75M which rules out liverpool especially if they are in for Mbappe as reported and my main man Ox Chambo.

Liverpool would be outlaying at least (or the best) part of £200M this window on 3 F*** players. Can't see that.

Despite all that, I already know they aren't willing to sell to Liverpool. (At least not Van Dijk).

Thanks for that. I doubt the club want the info about his contract to come out as then they cant tell us that they had no choice.

I suspect they will accept the £75 or thereabouts as they love to go and sell and buy another player at a lower price to see if they can sell him on again.

I would be amzed if we then bought another CB to displace Stevens as that would mean we are blocking the route to our acadamy and Reed will not want that.

As if we'll sell him to Liverpool. We are dealing with the elite here, and they come nowhere near.

FWIW, I'd sell him for £75 million, absolutely ridiculous money for a CB, even if he is the best one in the world.

Happy that we finally appear to be getting tougher on it all, seems a bit of a win-win.

Obviously VVD feels they are the elite as he seems to have expressed an interest to go there

Thanks for that.

van Dijk signed his contract in May 2016, he became captain in January 2017.

Fonte hadn't thrown a strop in May 2016 when van Dijk signed his new contract, so seems extremely odd to a) include such a preemptive clause b) van Dijk & his agent agree to such a restrictive clause.

That's a nonsense clause though. It can be varied if the club receive an offer they want to accept and Virgil wants to leave. Complete waste of ink. You should tell your tier 4/5 mate.

If his contract is as stated, it makes me wonder if he is furious with his previous agent for tying him up with a restrictive deal. I'm pretty sure that he switched sometime after he signed the new contract.

If his contract is as stated, it makes me wonder if he is furious with his previous agent for tying him up with a restrictive deal. I'm pretty sure that he switched sometime after he signed the new contract.

It's not a restrictive deal at all though.

Whether that clause is in the contract or not (I suspect not, given the source) makes absolutely no difference.

Clause or no clause, we are not compelled to accept any offer for him. Clause or no clause, we can accept any offer for him if we want and he can then decide whether to go or not.

Contracts can be broken if both sides want to, regardless of what is written into them.

Difference with us, while nice but at the same time not great, is that we don't air our laundry (be it dirty or otherwise) in public. Liverpool, West Ham are the worst.

Fonte hadn't thrown a strop in May 2016 when van Dijk signed his new contract, so seems extremely odd to a) include such a preemptive clause b) van Dijk & his agent agree to such a restrictive clause.

More made up stuff from AR10 :lol:

Fonte left because VvD was to become captain, that was pretty clear and why VvD captained the EL teams an José didn't play. Vigils contract and Fonte leaving were all part of the same issue. Why Virgil or his agent would be upset at being paid more money in return for agreeing to stay as captain would be a mystery.

Fonte left because VvD was to become captain, that was pretty clear and why VvD captained the EL teams an José didn't play. Vigils contract and Fonte leaving were all part of the same issue. Why Virgil or his agent would be upset at being paid more money in return for agreeing to stay as captain would be a mystery.

I subscribe to the he got greedy after the Euros and rumoured Pool and United interest turned his head theory personally.

More made up stuff from AR10 :lol:

I'll take it from anyone else, it's water of a ducks back. I'm not bothered. I don't know them they don'ty me. No ****s given. Believe me.

But you on the other hand:

Jose Fonte has signed a new contract on his kitchen table

and Van Dijk has already agreed to join liverpool with a fee agreed.

Both of which you directly attacked me on, how much ******** I was talking because you knew different. And threw down the gauntlet to me.

Yeah on the Internet.

^ You having a go at me talking sh** aren't your stones to throw mate.

Whether that clause is in the contract or not (I suspect not, given the source) makes absolutely no difference.

Clause or no clause, we are not compelled to accept any offer for him. Clause or no clause, we can accept any offer for him if we want and he can then decide whether to go or not.

I certainly agree that it comes down to the club. I'm actually starting to think that we may keep him this season mainly because Liverpool have dirtied the waters for other teams. They are the only team desperate enough to pay the stated price, and Saints are unwilling to sell to them.

but if they have release clauses, which Im surprised is not the case. A agent worth his salt would/should put one in

Re: the outlay of 200m: Liverpool's coffers will be significantly helped by what they get for Coutinho from Barca (£79m?). So probably not outlandish

png_base64928726088b0f43f7.png

hqdefault.jpg

Say What You See...

Pretty good summary but why you felt you need to write the highlighted bit is beyond me or are you related to Heisnb olloks

just cant help myself mate.

this guy has told us soooo many lies over the years and we have been suckered in by him.

Clyne is on the verge of signing a new contract to stay at Saints within a week he joined Liverpool

Morgan the same but off to Man U

llalana had signed a contract and we still got rid

I know it is very difficult to keep an unhappy player at the club.........but at some point a club has got to make a stand.

let the player hand in a transfer request and we reject it

the player goes on strike saying that he is never going to play for the club again

sue that player for breach of contract make a big long drawn out court case

I know its not the best scenario but for gods sake do something to stop this continual raping of our club

I don't believe for 1 sec that he has a clause in his contract inserted when he became captain, stating he can't be sold for 2 years. If true, his agent must be the biggest ****ing idiot in football. Supporters get hung up with captaincy, particularly British ones. My personal opinion is Claude gave the best man the on field captaincy & it had nothing to do with what type of contract he signed. I just don't buy this " if you stay, we will make you skipper" line.

I could just about buy these things being taken into account regarding club captain, but team captain , no ****ing way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take it from anyone else, it's water of a ducks back. I'm not bothered. I don't know them they don'ty me. No ****s given. Believe me.

Both of which you directly attacked me on, how much ******** I was talking because you knew different. And threw down the gauntlet to me.

Yeah on the Internet.

Mate, even the inaccurate stuff i pass on is closer than the ITK stuff you post. But ha, who cares... it's the internet.

#welcomePellegrini

Curious to know about this 'tier 1/2/3...7' stuff though. I wonder what tier my 'friend' is on....

Yeah on the Internet.

Mate, even the inaccurate stuff i pass on is closer than the ITK stuff you post. But ha, who cares... it's the internet.

#welcomePellegrini

Curious to know about this 'tier 1/2/3...7' stuff though. I wonder what tier my 'friend' is on....

He`s right you do post some shi te so can hardly call him out tbh

It isn't remotely interesting if it is bullsh!t. The stuff AR-10 tries to pass off as him being "ITK" is flawed nonsense.

I don't like to slag someone off for posting potentially interesting info, but if it is indeed total nonsense as some claim (and I must admit, I've yet to see anything unusual come to fruition), it does make you wonder - why do it?!

#welcomePellegrini

****-swinging contests between two bull****ters.

Good stuff Saintsweb, good stuff.

Agree with this. And to be fair it's mental money as long as we spend it well in replacements.

Problem is 60m probably means we will see just 30-35m after agents, player, celtic ect ect take a cut.

2x £12m players + wages and the VVD money has gone.