Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Southampton ‘ITK’ says VVD to Liverpool is ‘Done’

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/07/28/southampton-itk-says-vvd-to-liverpool-is-done/

:lol:

In that "article" they write

A respected user of a Southampton fan forum known as ‘Monk’, who correctly told fans about van Dijk going on strike before the papers did, has claimed this afternoon that ‘the deal is done’.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that wasn't Monk was it?

A respected user of a Southampton fan forum known as ‘Monk’, who correctly told fans about van Dijk going on strike before the papers did, has claimed this afternoon that ‘the deal is done’.

You are correct. It was not Monk.

No it wasn't. The freaks on RAWK are going through Monk's history to establish his ITK credentials. I thought only Trousers aka Mr Bump did that.

Has Tom28 said anything at all on the subject of late ? Probably been gagged.

To be fair if Monk is right that's one hell of a turnaround to everything i've been told in the last few weeks, because not even a week ago the noise coming out of the club was that we wouldn't sell to Liverpool under any circumstances.

One hundred percent not me...

It's not leaving that is the issue most of us expected that. It's the complaining about the tapping up and then selling him him to the club that tapped him up that is the issue the club have made themselves look ridiculous by going through this whole charade. Sell him to someone else for 60 million plus and it's the same old same old no drama. It's selling him to Liverpool that's the problem not the act of selling him.

we have history in this. Remember when Les threatened legal action against Atletico Madrid.....

that died off quickly

basically, we manage people out of the club well, this time it is out of our hands it seems and we have failed to 'manage' the press as we have done previously

To be fair if Monk is right that's one hell of a turnaround to everything i've been told in the last few weeks, because not even a week ago the noise coming out of the club was that we wouldn't sell to Liverpool under any circumstances.

Which would be a sensible approach and would appease all parties other than the victims.

We cannot sell to Liverpool given the whole history of this transfer saga. If we do, Les' position will become untenable and I honestly believe a large number of fans will turn on the board.

18,000 visitors to my page :mcinnes:

Steps to take this to next level for guaranteed followers:

1. Post here that you are creating a new twitter account just for insider rumours

3. Tweet the snippets you've already posted on Saints web

2. ???

3. Profit

Anyone else just in disbelief that we are selling Virgil and are seemingly replacing him with Kevin Wimmer, a player crucified by Spurs fans a matter of days ago for being total sh!te. Crazy.

Well yes, I don't believe that we've sold him yet if that's what you mean. I'll believe it when I see him in a Liverpool shirt.

Just had a quick look at RAWK. God their fans are full of themselves, the fact they behave the way they do yet haven't won the Premier League title in over 25 years is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

I do wonder if the club (hierarchy) are aware of the animosity towards any VVD to Liverpool deal. How would they even gauge that though? I'd like to think that they don't spend their time sifting through twitter feeds :lol:

Perhaps, and I'm just putting this out there, we need the money, I've no idea why that would be. Perhaps the takeover has stalled definitively or something. One thing's for sure, Liverpool would be likely to pay more than anyone else.

Genuinely was told today by somebody who's around the club once a week but doesn't work there that it's all done. No reason to believe him and no reason not to believe him; yet didn't expect the total mongboard reaction from the red lot.

Anyone else just in disbelief that we are selling Virgil and are seemingly replacing him with Kevin Wimmer, a player crucified by Spurs fans a matter of days ago for being total sh!te. Crazy.

Wimmer definitely isn't total sh!te - when he had a run in the spurs team when Vertonghen was injured he showed he was a decent player. Of course I want us to keep Virgil, but think that Wimmer would be a decent replacement.

Genuinely was told today by somebody who's around the club once a week but doesn't work there that it's all done. No reason to believe him and no reason not to believe him; yet didn't expect the total mongboard reaction from the red lot.

Do they still have those ladies who come and clean yer telephone? We had one at Winfrith, gorgeous dolly who's tits always nearly fell out when she bent over to pick up the telephone which had deliberately been place on a low table.

Perhaps, and I'm just putting this out there, we need the money, I've no idea why that would be. Perhaps the takeover has stalled definitively or something. One thing's for sure, Liverpool would be likely to pay more than anyone else.

You might be right, but it would be a sorry state of affairs for a club that preaches how well run it is, how sustainable it is etc, if we had to sell off the Crown Jewels to stay afloat during the summer when the money pouring into the division dwarfs any season before it.

I don't think this is happening. SFC are going to look completely stupid. They stated yet again to Sky Sports News in midweek that he wasn't for sale. Pellegrino is going to look stupid as is Les Reed as both have gone public. £75m is a big fee but the history and the club's awareness of the fans antipathy to LFC could well stymie a deal.

Wimmer definitely isn't total sh!te - when he had a run in the spurs team when Vertonghen was injured he showed he was a decent player. Of course I want us to keep Virgil, but think that Wimmer would be a decent replacement.

My concern would be Levy taking the club to the cleaners on the transfer fee. I was hoping we'd take a crack at Davinson Sanchez from Ajax.

What all 4 and a half games that he played for them you mean. I'd not doubt that Dier played more games at CB for them than Wimmer did.

You might be right, but it would be a sorry state of affairs for a club that preaches how well run it is, how sustainable it is etc, if we had to sell off the Crown Jewels to stay afloat during the summer when the money pouring into the division dwarfs any season before it.

It may not just be about the club, it may be about the owner as well. I'd think the delay in the sale of the club may have hit her hard for some reason or other, may just simply need to cash in. It's pure speculation, otherwise I don't see why we'd sell VvD to Liverpool under any circumstance unless some contractual clause says we have to eventually. Anyway until something is confirmed it's just speculation and gossip.

What all 4 and a half games that he played for them you mean. I'd not doubt that Dier played more games at CB for them than Wimmer did.

Yeah that was last season, but in his first season at spurs a couple of years ago he had a good run of 10 games starting in which they only lost once.