Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

If the club management is speaking to Van Dijk today, I'd like to think that it is to reiterate the club's position and to discuss the terms on which he will be allowed to train with the first team.

If he is still saying he wants to go, the club may not want him with the squad while the transfer window is still open because of the potentially disruptive influence. It would be nice to imagine Les Reed putting the contract on the desk and pointing out to VD that it covers the prime years of his playing career. Those are the years that he is putting in jeopardy. The strength of the squad at CB suggests the club can afford to wait, all season if necessary, and should Hoedt be signed its position would be even stronger.

Because Pellegrino has emphasised that his playing model requires a strong team spirit with 100% commitment, Van Dijk may be faced with having to persuade the club of his total commitment and not just offer empty words. If this is settled this week, all to the good but I wouldn't rule out Van Dijk being sidelined for months if it takes that long for the reality of his contract to sink in.

I wonder how many fans would like to see the back of van Dijk now?

as long as it's not to LFC, and as long as we get a replacement in time..

At the beginning of this saga, I doubt if many would stand for him going under any circumstances. Now, has he burned his bridges as far as we fans are concerned?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/835320/Sadio-Mane-Inter-Milan-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona

Even Karma wouldn't be this gracious would she?

Imagine them starting the season with them both on strike....lol

It's very bizarre that the journalist addresses the fact that they paid around £35m for Mane and then continues to talk about Inter preparing a £35m bid as if it's a serious consideration for both them and Liverpool.

I wonder how many fans would like to see the back of van Dijk now?

as long as it's not to LFC, and as long as we get a replacement in time..

At the beginning of this saga, I doubt if many would stand for him going under any circumstances. Now, has he burned his bridges as far as we fans are concerned?

I expected him to go this summer, I just don't think anyone will be happy if he goes to Liverpool.

They should use Opera with it's inbuilt VPN. Works pretty well. Unless I am mistaken, I am according to my IP address, apparently in Singapore at the moment.
Interesting about the Opera thing. I read somewhere about a scam that the people trick you to go into your computer regarding there being a virus on it. Nobody at that time could fathom why they sked to install Opera on to the computer whilst they looked for the bogus virus. It seems reading that it made it nye impossible for them to be traced when the fraud had been done

Because we may start the season with two substandard CB's ?

That certainly hurts us more than it hurts Virgil

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Whether Virgil leaves or sits out his sulk by himself, we will still be with two what you consider to be substandard CBs. Ideally, we will sign Hoedt and then presumably only be without one CB that qualifies as being decent in your opinion, whether that would be Stephens, Yoshida, Bednarek or Gardos alongside him. Of course, it might be that Pellegrino looks at having three CBs, one of whom could be Bertrand, so that allows other options. And then again, there is still some time to get other signings across the line to address situations that might arise before the transfer window closes.

If Virgil stays and we sign somebody like Hoedt to partner him, that looks a good situation. If we sign Hoedt but lose Virgil, I wouldn't be that concerned with either Yoshida or Stephens alongside him, or Bednarek or Gardos if either prove themselves to Pellegrino. Both Yoshida and Stephens were improving with matches under their belt last season. Bednarek is raw, but might prove to be an astute signing for the future. Gardos doesn't look to be a good enough prospect, but who knows?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/835320/Sadio-Mane-Inter-Milan-Liverpool-Transfer-News-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona

Even Karma wouldn't be this gracious would she?

Imagine them starting the season with them both on strike....lol

Inter isn't a step up from Liverpool, Barca is.

Unless they double or triple his wages, Mane is not going to go anywhere. And really, if I was a black player, would I really want to put up with the racism that is still so prevalent in Italian football??

Inter isn't a step up from Liverpool, Barca is.

Unless they double or triple his wages, Mane is not going to go anywhere. And really, if I was a black player, would I really want to put up with the racism that is still so prevalent in Italian football??

Would you rather live in Milan or Liverpool? I would say historically its a step sideways club size wise - with new Chinese owners at Inter doubt thats a goer anyway going by reports of money issues.

How about this? VVD not for sale. End of. He's still in a strop. So until he sorts his head out we are down a CB good enough to start. What better replacement Hoedt, than a young DUTCH international to bring in. £12m is relatively small fry anyway, but maybe he's on our list as a long term replacement for VVD. So Virgil can either get back training and play in a good EPL defence next to his international team mate, forge a good relationship with him in a WC year, or continue to sulk. And watch his compatriot take his place at Saints and Holland.

Watching Hoedt he looks very good, as good as VVD. And can score too. Buy him first, then sell VVD for an overall profit. NOT the other way round.

Let the profit at Liverpool's expense (again) be our reward.

Onwards we march.

Cant see Liverpool selling Mane for less than what they paid for him, when he has so much potential and time to improve. Never going to happen.

But, if Mane sulked and forced a move for less than what Klopp paid - and after Klopp gloating how cheap he got Mane from us - that would be very sweet.

Won't happen but I like the idea of Liverpool fans sweating.

Just a thought: Pellegrino might be quite happy selling VVD for £70m and being able to sign 3 or 4 players to improve the first XI, especially given our current business completed.
Ha ha behave.3 or 4 to improve the first team?Struggling to think of any other player in the last two years that has improved us other than Gabbi.

Just a thought: Pellegrino might be quite happy selling VVD for £70m and being able to sign 3 or 4 players to improve the first XI, especially given our current business completed.

A bit worrying and reminds me of the time before our relegation when we had acquired a surplus of medium quality players that weren't even good enough in the Championship.

Whether Virgil leaves or sits out his sulk by himself, we will still be with two what you consider to be substandard CBs. Ideally, we will sign Hoedt and then presumably only be without one CB that qualifies as being decent in your opinion, whether that would be Stephens, Yoshida, Bednarek or Gardos alongside him. Of course, it might be that Pellegrino looks at having three CBs, one of whom could be Bertrand, so that allows other options. And then again, there is still some time to get other signings across the line to address situations that might arise before the transfer window closes.

If Virgil stays and we sign somebody like Hoedt to partner him, that looks a good situation. If we sign Hoedt but lose Virgil, I wouldn't be that concerned with either Yoshida or Stephens alongside him, or Bednarek or Gardos if either prove themselves to Pellegrino. Both Yoshida and Stephens were improving with matches under their belt last season. Bednarek is raw, but might prove to be an astute signing for the future. Gardos doesn't look to be a good enough prospect, but who knows?

Said at the end of last season that , the two CB,s that finished the season would start the next. Nothing has changed my mind since.

Prediction for VvD...

We make him stay but he refuses to play until sept 1st. He misses the first 6/7 games due to having to have some squad time/trading and match practice first. Plays 3/4 games, doesn't cover himself in glory then 'injures' himself and misses 2/3 months. He plays the last 10/12 games of the season and gets big money move he wants. Is it all worth it?!

70m could get you

Betrand

Cedric

Romeu

Mane

But could equally get you

Juanmi, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Mayuka, Forren, Gardos, Clasie, Cuco, Gazzaniga, Pied (Possibly Hojberg/Boufal too)

Id prefer to stick not twist,.... Our recruitment under Reed and Wilson has been meh

And some news for you all....

Virgil refused to do the BT and Sky video clips today with the squad. Looks like he's going to be fined.

Do you have a source for that, or are you just regurgitating the crap that's was started on twitter by AnfieldExpress?

Prediction for VvD...

Plays 3/4 games, doesn't cover himself in glory then 'injures' himself and misses 2/3 months. He plays the last 10/12 games of the season and gets big money move he wants. Is it all worth it?!

Maybe more of an average money move at that point, if the PL circus has rolled on.

Personally want him out now, can't see myself cheering him on again. Sell to anyone for any value north of 50 as long as they pay off Celtic.

Just to make things more interesting, now it is rumoured that Koeman's Everton are after Hoedt too. This will have the poor red Scouse plastics going into meltdown, as they are convinced that if we sign Hoedt, that would be to replace Virgil when he goes to them and that there would be more pressure on us to keep him if Hoedt falls through. It must be even more galling to them that it is their deadly rivals alleged to be making waves. Although there is an attraction for Hoedt to play for team that has a fellow countryman as its manager, there is also the possibility of him playing alongside a compatriot with us if Virgil stays.

Just means we have to wait longer until he gets his head around the fact he isn't going anywhere. Check again next week, he will break after the transfer window shuts at the latest.

Only thing I'd say is the Dutch can be quite determined, or stubborn if you will.

70m could get you

Betrand

Cedric

Romeu

Mane

But could equally get you

Juanmi, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Mayuka, Forren, Gardos, Clasie, Cuco, Gazzaniga, Pied (Possibly Hojberg/Boufal too)

Id prefer to stick not twist,.... Our recruitment under Reed and Wilson has been meh

:mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Are you aware Wilson was at the club for van Dijk, Cedric and Romeu signing? Plus for example Gabbiadini?

I know some of them would have been scouted before Wilson arrived, but he was still involved in the decision making process of which scouted players to sign.

Plus, you know Les Reed has had a key role in signings since summer 2010? Cortese hired Reed to advise him on football matters, Cortese wasn't a football man... that is why he hired Reed.

Maybe more of an average money move at that point, if the PL circus has rolled on.

Personally want him out now, can't see myself cheering him on again. Sell to anyone for any value north of 50 as long as they pay off Celtic.

People said the same about Morgan and Victor. If the window closes and he is still at saints he will buckle down and play, just like they did, and people will quickly forgot all this crap if he plays well.

:mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Are you aware Wilson was at the club for van Dijk, Cedric and Romeu signing? Plus for example Gabbiadini?

I know some of them would have been scouted before Wilson arrived, but he was still involved in the decision making process of which scouted players to sign.

Plus, you know Les Reed has had a key role in signings since summer 2010? Cortese hired Reed to advise him on football matters, Cortese wasn't a football man... that is why he hired Reed.

So 4 successful signings out of?

People said the same about Morgan and Victor. If the window closes and he is still at saints he will buckle down and play, just like they did, and people will quickly forgot all this crap if he plays well.

I won't.

A disloyal **** is a disloyal ****. There's absolutely no difference between Morgan & Lallana's lack of respect for the club & us supporters. The difference was Les Reeds behaviour. Why should VvD, Morgan & Vic get a pass just because we wouldn't sell them when they wanted. They're just as big ****s as Lallana & Lovren in my eyes

It's also the reason I was glad to see the back of JRod, he's in the same bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a source for that, or are you just regurgitating the crap that's was started on twitter by AnfieldExpress?
VvD isn't in the clip the club just published of the video shoot session. That said, I wouldn't expect the club to show footage of VvD even if he did take part...

VvD isn't in the clip the club just published of the video shoot session. That said, I wouldn't expect the club to show footage of VvD even if he did take part...

Tom already told us that he wasn't going to be at the club today, so this isn't exactly shocking.

I still haven't seen anyone definitively say that he is "on strike". VVD is being left out by the club.

Tom already told us that he wasn't going to be at the club today, so this isn't exactly shocking.

I still haven't seen anyone definitively say that he is "on strike". VVD is being left out by the club.

Yes, but I'm sure he's not being left out because he's Mr Happy & wants to stay now.

The Telegraph piece on Friday was very nice & hopeful, but it was just merely what we 'hoped' would happen rather than what 'would' happen.

You'd like to think he would. It would basically be similar to the position Ronald was in when he joined, only we'd have a better squad than we had then.

Running out of time though. Lets be honest, the Virgil situation is going to drag on towards the end of the month.

Yeah, realise that, more aimed at the claim it was due to refusal by VvD and him being fined bit.

I'm skeptical about that to be honest.

Cant see Liverpool selling Mane for less than what they paid for him, when he has so much potential and time to improve. Never going to happen.

And why would he go to Inter? Italian football is terrible. No way could they attract someone from the top of the Premier League.

I would consider this to be the main point of discussion with Virgil.

However, would Madrid/Barca see taking a player from a club of our stature in comparison to clubs like Liverpool as a gamble?

They'd be ****ing stupid to, given the success of Mane, Wanyama and Alderweireld.

Prediction for VvD...

We make him stay but he refuses to play until sept 1st. He misses the first 6/7 games due to having to have some squad time/trading and match practice first. Plays 3/4 games, doesn't cover himself in glory then 'injures' himself and misses 2/3 months. He plays the last 10/12 games of the season and gets big money move he wants. Is it all worth it?!

In short, yes. Next summer he will still have... 4? years on his contract left, so still no obligation to sell unless we receive good money. No different to this year. Except we would have had those 10-12 games from him, and more importantly we wouldn't have been cowed by player, agent, club and media pressure. And will have made Liverpool relatively weaker by not selling to them.