Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

This just about takes the biscuit for me, of all the player departures we've had in the past few years, this is the worst.

To recap:

- Signs new six year contract a year ago

- Gets made captain, which he calls an honour

- Injured immediately for the rest of the season

- While Saints are busy helping him recover from injury, he's busy meeting Liverpool to discuss a summer move

- Despite no bid being made, he tries to force the club's hand by saying he's not right mentally to play

And now the club are in the wrong...? Right

What a genuine t**ser

This! He's a genuine ass hat, surely other clubs will be wary of him doing the same to them the moment he doesn't like things?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

(In reply to suggestion that if we agree to sell, he can choose where he goes - sorry, lost quote)

No. He doesn't have a buy-out clause, so we're not obliged to accept any offer, no matter how big, unless we want to, and want to sell to the bidding club.

There is nothing to stop us refusing £70m from the Scousers, then accepting £60m from Chelsea.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

I suspect the fine has provoked this reaction because he's panicking that, presumably, he can be fined again and again for refusing to play. He didn't expect Saints to be so firm in their resistance, and I really hope they hold firm. I want to see him squirm.

And if he does go, as he has stated that the only place he wants is Liverpool, make sure it's anywhere else.

I'd rather sell him to Huddersfield after we've received no acceptable offers.

He could end up at West Ham if he plays his cards right.

It is a ****ing funny statement tbh. He has put in a transfer request because the club intend to fine him 2 weeks wages. Did he really write that?? As it is, it is an intention - far better to wait until it has actually happened. His agent, who obviously wrote it, comes across as being as thick as a typical football player, which if I was VVD, I would be a wee bit concerned about.

Clearly written by his agent / PR Rep / lawyer and not Virgil. Not that it matters as he will have given it his approval. Quite an abrasive statement to say the least. What a noob.

Smacks of desperation clearly he thought the club would just roll over and with the transfer window rapidly coming towards it's end it looks like he might not be going anywhere he needs to up the stakes to try and force a move.

No. He doesn't have a buy-out clause, so we're not obliged to accept any offer, no matter how big, unless we want to, and want to sell to the bidding club.

There is nothing to stop us refusing £70m from the Scousers, then accepting £60m from Chelsea.

It's all about business at the end of the day. I can't see SFC cutting off their nose to spite their face by giving up £10m.. As nice an idea as it is I can't see that happening.

Frankly if we're selling after his antics, we've lost half the battle, whether practically or symbolically. Selling to Liverpool would look only marginally worse in the grand scheme of things. For that, I'd rather take the extra cash.

That's an incredible statement really. He's obviously now desperate and after seeking all avenues to get out of here and not having any luck, has decided to go down this route, and is seemingly trying to drag the clubs name through the mud in an effort to make us budge. I don't understand the complete lack of respect he's shown us, in fact I'm pretty gobsmacked. He's worse than any of the previous 'defecting' lot we've had.

We took a gamble on him when no one else wanted to, we put him on the stage and then rewarded him a year ago (yep, just a year ago...) with 6 years additional security and what was - i'm sure - a very, very healthy salary, associated signing on fee's and of course the club captaincy. If he was this ambitious and this keen to move to a top club, you have to question why on earth he signed a 6 year contract really.

See, I'd take the ambitious part seriously if it was Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG we were talking about - but it's Liverpool. They're a yesterday team, you're not guaranteed top European football with them every year. This is the most blatant result of tapping up you'll ever see and it's why rules and sanctions are in place - they're there to protect the clubs and remove the prospect of unsettling. Well, they've not done anything in this instance.

This has made me even more adamant that we should drag Liverpool through the mud here, send every bit of evidence we have to the PL and let them deal with this self pittying sess-pit of a city. And going by that statement, he's already a Liverpudlian with his victim stance.

Shambles.

I would really like to bump into this clown and tell him what 95% of the fans think of him. It's time for a club to make a stand against players like VVD hold them to their contact even if it costs a few bob, let them train on their own and as they are not playing it will ruin their career.

The same thing probably happens behind closed doors at a lot of clubs but with us every player and manager sale involves a kitchen sink drama played out in the press as Old Les's PR team and the player's agent sling mud at each other for several weeks before the sale finally takes place. Things could be handled better.

(In reply to suggestion that if we agree to sell, he can choose where he goes - sorry, lost quote)

Interesting point. What if we accepted the Chelsea bid but he refused to go? I assume and indeed hope the **** would rot in the U23's now that would be funny

That's an incredible statement really. He's obviously now desperate and after seeking all avenues to get out of here and not having any luck, has decided to go down this route, and is seemingly trying to drag the clubs name through the mud in an effort to make us budge. I don't understand the complete lack of respect he's shown us, in fact I'm pretty gobsmacked. He's worse than any of the previous 'defecting' lot we've had.

We took a gamble on him when no one else wanted to, we put him on the stage and then rewarded him a year ago (yep, just a year ago...) with 6 years additional security and what was - i'm sure - a very, very healthy salary, associated signing on fee's and of course the club captaincy. If he was this ambitious and this keen to move to a top club, you have to question why on earth he signed a 6 year contract really.

See, I'd take the ambitious part seriously if it was Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG we were talking about - but it's Liverpool. They're a yesterday team, you're not guaranteed top European football with them every year. This is the most blatant result of tapping up you'll ever see and it's why rules and sanctions are in place - they're there to protect the clubs and remove the prospect of unsettling. Well, they've not done anything in this instance.

This has made me even more adamant that we should drag Liverpool through the mud here, send every bit of evidence we have to the PL and let them deal with this self pittying sess-pit of a city. And going by that statement, he's already a Liverpudlian with his victim stance.

Shambles.

Aye, if we've got anything at all we should be going for Liverpool's tapping up with everything we've got now.

He spent six months wracked with anguish, turmoil and a burning ambition. A desire to return, rejuvenated, refreshed and at a top club. Rarely has humanity witnessed the desire, the passion, the untempered, raw flame of a triumph yet to be realised...

But put in a transfer request when he got fined two weeks wages.

He spent six months wracked with anguish, turmoil and a burning ambition. A desire to return, rejuvenated, refreshed and at a top club. Rarely has humanity witnessed the desire, the passion, the untempered, bright flame of a triumph yet to be realised...

But put in a transfer request when he got fined two weeks wages.

You have to wonder if anyone actually read that statement back before it was put out.

Tough Sh it Van Djik..... you didnt have sign the new deal... money grabbing pric k

Fuk him tell him he stays and gets on with it but what ever transpires now DO NOT SELL THE **** TO THE SCOUSE ****S

I predict some "issues" if we do..

I'm still hanging on to the notion that's he's absolutely, definitely not going anywhere as you have repeatedly stated all summer. In Always we trust.

Assuming he goes after this, wonder what that leaves Cedric and Bertrand thinking?
It's been suggested that they're happier with the new manager having initially wanted out, but they are following the VVD saga closely and will not be happy if he gets his way.

The bit that makes me laugh (laugh = fill with rage) is the accusation of personal conversations being "leaked to the press". Because there has been no press speculation touting or encouraging his move away :lol:

I don't think we need to feel 'aggrieved' at helping him regain his fitness, it is our responsibility as his employer, and it's also protecting the value of our asset. But of course, as just about everyone has alluded to, to sign a 6 year contract is a bit silly/greedy if you have your heart set on leaving.

It has clearly been written by the agent, making sure they get all the right lingo in, such as 'disciplinary protocol'. I'm not sure who footballer's think they are kidding with their sob story of professional football being a short career. Yeah, a short career where you can earn more in a year than most earn in a lifetime, and guess what, when you retire from kicking a ball around for a few hours a week, you can always get another job for the next 20-30 years like everyone else if you're that hard up. Delusional self-entitled puppets, most of them.

Accepting a higher price from Liverpool could end up costing us more long-term by just looking like a walkover. It may make more economic sense to sell for a slightly lower price and just tell Liverpool to fck off. Good message to players that you can't always get your way and dictate everything.

We aren't owned by the Qatari royal family unfortunately. £10m is £10m. I can't see us giving that up. Ideologically yes. Realistically no.

The same thing probably happens behind closed doors at a lot of clubs but with us every player and manager sale involves a kitchen sink drama played out in the press as Old Les's PR team and the player's agent sling mud at each other for several weeks before the sale finally takes place. Things could be handled better.

You do talk some horse shyt are you a relation of the tw at

The transfers i think you are talking rubbish about are Lallana, Lovren, wanyama and they did not drag on for weeks ... # clueless

It was these types of legalities that I was unsure of. Is it absolutely the case that we can sell him to a club that he doesn't want to play for?

But in another lighter vein, I wonder whether when he is sold, we will see the full page message in the Echo thanking we fans for our support. Will he be advised by Nivea Boy on how to go about this, the huge photo of him and the two line message?

It was these types of legalities that I was unsure of. Is it absolutely the case that we can sell him to a club that he doesn't want to play for?

But in another lighter vein, I wonder whether when he is sold, we will see the full page message in the Echo thanking we fans for our support. Will he be advised by Nivea Boy on how to go about this, the huge photo of him and the two line message?

No, of course we can't sell him to a club he doesn't want to play for. The point is that this makes no difference when it comes to our ability to refuse offers.

Accepting a higher price from Liverpool could end up costing us more long-term by just looking like a walkover. It may make more economic sense to sell for a slightly lower price and just tell Liverpool to fck off. Good message to players that you can't always get your way and dictate everything.

Economic sense? Adrianna- stay off the sangrias and G&Ts. You've been ratársèd today.

It's been suggested that they're happier with the new manager having initially wanted out, but they are following the VVD saga closely and will not be happy if he gets his way.

Pretty much what I heard. Club in a situation that if vvd leaves, they would potentially force moves...

Must be said though, that they are much happier than they were last season under puel..

I see they're getting desperate for their Southampton player fix and looking at Oxlade-Chamberlain now.

It'll be Steve Moran next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;j5-ZPTbRAGg]

It took just 6 months from extending and improving his already lucrative contract to suddenly deciding he wanted even more and then the next 6 with his feet up. He should start by paying back the extra 12 months salary he cheated from us. Greedy b'stard.

I'm still hanging on to the notion that's he's absolutely, definitely not going anywhere as you have repeatedly stated all summer. In Always we trust.

Everybody, including Old Les, knew van Dijk was going to be sold this summer, the same as when Lallana, Koeman and Fonte went. Do we really need several weeks of leaks about what terrible people they are before they are sold? I guess it is supposed to make us fans happier to acept the sales. Personally, I wish we would handle transfers more professionally and discretely. Consistently tarring players and managers who leave as greedy, unpopular with the other players, lazy, threatening to go on strike etc is going to come back to haunt us. I expect there are some arguments between Les Reed and the managers and players as he does seem to rub them up the wrong way but these things should be kept private.

[video=youtube;j5-ZPTbRAGg]

It took just 6 months from extending and improving his already lucrative contract to suddenly deciding he wanted even more and then the next 6 with his feet up. He should start by paying back the extra 12 months salary he cheated from us. Greedy b'stard.

Lallana did the same thing, I've got absolutely no doubt whatsoever he was tapped up by Liverpool too.

And of course Sky are all over this now, lapping up his statement as proof of how awful Saints have been, and implying that he has to move now.

Hopefully the club will put out a statement to put their side of the story soon

Klopp says 4 CBs are enough, then suddenly the transfer request/ statement.

Proof that the communication / tapping up has continued.

We need to pursue this to the PL / FA with all the might and resources of the club.

Praying that Chelsea still make a 60m bid, but I guess this has just knocked 10m off

The six months rings true with what I heard is that he was angling for a move back in January.

We should have taken away all of our facilities and let him recuperate in a local gym out of his own pocket then.

I don't think we're alone in how we're thinking here, quick browse on Utd forums and they're all on our side in the sense of calling him a spoiled brat, ****** etc. I'll say again. Ambition. Liverpool. Ambition my arse.

You could have had your pick Virgil, but I reckon this is a huge OG on his career. We all saw what happend with Sadio at WBA, started crying like a baby, WBA stood firm - fair play to them, and he wasted 2 years of his career. He then ended up moving to Stoke, still for a decent fee...but he still hasn't scored a goal for them, so on the back of his hissy fit...he ruined his career. He needs to hope that Chelsea or City are prepared to offer what we want for him, otherwise he's cut his nose off here.

I'm so ****ed off with this saga now, why he doesn't just knuckle down is beyond me.