Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Lallana did the same thing, I've got absolutely no doubt whatsoever he was tapped up by Liverpool too.

The rumour is that was the case - and this is why this summer stance is so strong, as a club we're f***ed off with Liverpool as they're doing it every year - we've seemingly said enough is enough, but they've already caused the damage.

I know clubs tap up players, it happens - but Liverpool take it to another level, they always have done. It's no coincidence that they've been slapped for this twice before.

VVD: Sell me Saints, here's my transfer request. I'm bigger than you.

Saints: Fine, you disruptive A Hole, but only for the price we see fit.

Chelsea: Hey Saints, just wondering if we could bid £50 million for Virgil?

Saints: Sorry guys, he's not for sale for that price.

Liverpool: We also bid £50 million!

Saints: Sod off Liverpool, nobody is talking to you.

Chelsea: OK,OK, I see you like a haggle. How about £60 million and if we win the league we'll give you an extra £5million?

Saints: Nope, if we were to let him go, it'd be for £75 million or nah.

Liverpool: We also bid £60 million and an extra £5 million if we win the league!

Saints: You're embarrassing yourself now Liverpool.

Liverpool: Well if you accept a bid from Chelsea, you HAVE to accept a bid from us. We can wait.

Chelsea: Fine. £75 million. We can afford it.

Saints: We reluctantly accept.

Liverpool: We also bid £75 million! He's ours for sure!

Saints: We reject your offer, and are handing evidence against you over to the Premier League. Enjoy playing Milner alongside Lovren at centre back *****ez!

VVD joins Chelsea.

Would be nice for us to put out a statement along the lines of:

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that they have received a formal transfer request from Virgil van Dijk. While the club understand his desire to seek a new challenge away from the club, it should also be noted that he is currently under contract for 5 years, having agreed to a contract extension less than a year ago, and that such a contract was offered to him with the understanding and vision that he would continue to lead the team and club as captain for many years to come.

We have made it clear to Virgil, and to any clubs with the intention of signing him, that we will consider any offers that meet with our valuation of a player we consider to be of an exceptional standard. We have also made it clear that not just for the interests of Southampton FC, but also as a matter of principle that will no doubt be shared by many clubs throughout the divisions, that we will not be pressured into making a sale by any outside forces, no matter what tactics they attempt to deploy, unless our criteria are met.

We appreciate the good work Virgil has done in previous seasons and look forward to him continuing his excellent form into this year if he remains a Southampton player come September."

And to have his agent's licence suspended.

But his agent is President of the Agents association or something along those lines. Unfortunately, as much as I would love to see the c*nt suspended (preferably from a rope) I doubt whether it will happen. But I have said before that it would be lovely if the club refused to deal with him or any players on his books in any other future transfers.

It's all about business at the end of the day. I can't see SFC cutting off their nose to spite their face by giving up £10m.. As nice an idea as it is I can't see that happening.

It's not really cutting off your nose to spite your face - holding firm and not selling to Liverpool will send a message that we're not going to fall victim to these kinds of tactics anymore, meaning that anyone trying to buy our players in the future (or any players wanting out) will be more respectful and do things the proper way.

Everybody, including Old Les, knew van Dijk was going to be sold this summer, the same as when Lallana, Koeman and Fonte went. Do we really need several weeks of leaks about what terrible people they are before they are sold? I guess it is supposed to make us fans happier to acept the sales. Personally, I wish we would handle transfers more professionally and discretely. Consistently tarring players and managers who leave as greedy, unpopular with the other players, lazy, threatening to go on strike etc is going to come back to haunt us. I expect there are some arguments between Les Reed and the managers and players as he does seem to rub them up the wrong way but these things should be kept private.

Strange Posr

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that they have received a formal transfer request from Virgil van Dijk. While the club understand his desire to seek a new challenge away from the club, it should also be noted that he is currently under contract for 5 years, having agreed to a contract extension less than a year ago, and that such a contract was offered to him with the understanding and vision that he would continue to lead the team and club as captain for many years to come.

We have made it clear to Virgil, and to any clubs with the intention of signing him, that we will consider any offers that meet with our valuation of a player we consider to be of an exceptional standard. We have also made it clear that not just for the interests of Southampton FC, but also as a matter of principle that will no doubt be shared by many clubs throughout the divisions, that we will not be pressured into making a sale by any outside forces, no matter what tactics they attempt to deploy, unless our criteria are met.

We appreciate the good work Virgil has done in previous seasons and look forward to him continuing his excellent form into this year if he remains a Southampton player come September."

Like it except we don`t sell him for any price, we cannot give in to this

Everybody, including Old Les, knew van Dijk was going to be sold this summer, the same as when Lallana, Koeman and Fonte went. Do we really need several weeks of leaks about what terrible people they are before they are sold? I guess it is supposed to make us fans happier to acept the sales. Personally, I wish we would handle transfers more professionally and discretely. Consistently tarring players and managers who leave as greedy, unpopular with the other players, lazy, threatening to go on strike etc is going to come back to haunt us. I expect there are some arguments between Les Reed and the managers and players as he does seem to rub them up the wrong way but these things should be kept private.

troll

BIG decision time for the club now, sell to Liverpool and **** off the majority of the support and possibly undermine any future negotiations you have with other clubs around sales, sell to another club for less money or force the player to stay and possibly upset the balance of the squad.

In my opinion this is the hardest decision the board have had to make since we got promoted.

I still don't think van Dijk would have a problem playing for us in September. Everything in football now is dictated by agents. They're desperate for him to move, so are advising him to do all this. Yeah, I'm sure if VVD could just turn up and play for anyone, it wouldn't be us, and he probably is feeling a little gutted about how things are going, but not to the extent that is being played out here. Ultimately, IF he was still here in September, his agent is going to realise him being in the reserves isn't good for anyone, and will instruct him to get back in the team.

I wonder how long it will be until VVD realises that this has made no difference?

And then we'll get the ''Someone hacked my account, it wasn't me who posted that! LOL!'' fullback comments.

"My agent's copy of Microsoft Office was hacked and it typed up that statement by itself, honest!"

BIG decision time for the club now, sell to Liverpool and **** off the majority of the support and possibly undermine any future negotiations you have with other clubs around sales, sell to another club for less money or force the player to stay and possibly upset the balance of the squad.

In my opinion this is the hardest decision the board have had to make since we got promoted.

It is a hard decision only if we need money. If we don't need the money, then to me it's not hard. It's out of principle. He signed a 5 year contract, we're not holding him to ransom - he agreed and signed that contract. If we don't want to sell him, we don't have to. If he wants to sulk and ruin his career, then fair enough. More fool him than us.

A sad state of affairs, but really was inevitable. I would've loved for him to agree to stay another year, but the reality is that he's going to forsake a move this summer if he agrees to play etc.

I look at the Coutinho situation today and saw the news that he wouldn't "rock the boat" at all. A somewhat rare & classy move by today's standards.

If a club doesn't want to sell, and the player doesn't kick-off, then chances are that player will stay.

Virgil knows the only way to increase his chances are to kick-off and make enough noise as he possibly can. The club are the bad-guys - They always are with the players that want to leave.

Liverpool's tapping up & subsequent apology somewhat complicates things as they now feel they can't bid, so I suppose it gives Virgil all the more reason to spit his dummy out of the pram.

It's not really cutting off your nose to spite your face - holding firm and not selling to Liverpool will send a message that we're not going to fall victim to these kinds of tactics anymore, meaning that anyone trying to buy our players in the future (or any players wanting out) will be more respectful and do things the proper way.

It's not a unique situation. It happens all the time. I don't doubt we are also guilty of it. Should Celtic stop selling to us after we keep taking their players? Not giving away £10m will soften the blow of him leaving even if it is to Liverpool. I agree with your sentiment I just don't think it will happen in the real world. If he's going to go then we neeed to maximise our return. After all Kat has made it clear she is unable to sufficiently fund the club to move forward and external investment also seems some way off just now.

Sam Wallace‏Verified account @SamWallaceTel: Southampton ambivalent about Van Dijk statement & position unchanged: he's not for sale. VVD been in training ground every day & no issues

Sam - look up ambivalent.

Like it except we don`t sell him for any price, we cannot give in to this

Except if Chelsea were to offer £75m, we would accept it. I agree to 'not selling to Liverpool for any price', but we could hardly put that in a statement. But to be honest, if Liverpool gave us £100m, not sure we would be a "laughing stock", more that we did a number on them. It's only embarrassing if we let him go to Liverpool on their terms.

That being said, I really hope he doesn't go there, no matter what!

It is a hard decision only if we need money. If we don't need the money, then to me it's not hard. It's out of principle. He signed a 5 year contract, we're not holding him to ransom - he agreed and signed that contract. If we don't want to sell him, we don't have to. If he wants to sulk and ruin his career, then fair enough. More fool him than us.

Yep. He's been out for 7 months and people still want him, he'll still be a valuable asset next summer with zero playing time (if it comes to that, which I don't think it will), and it will send out a message - we are a club that is prepared to sell our players, but don't f*** with us!

Dear Virgil Van Dijk

So, you've finally come out and shown your true colours in public then (although judging by the wording of the statement, I seriously doubt you wrote it yourself).

Of course, you are just the innocent victim in all this, aren't you. I mean, what sort of awful employer would reward your good work with an improved and extended contract, with a handsome signing fee, and giving you the captaincy. what absolute assholes Saints FC must be to do that.

So you've been in pain and anguish over this horrible treatment, while getting paid an already ridiculous salary while not having to do any work at all for the last six months. Oh what a crying shame. really, my heart bleeds for you. I mean, you earn far more money than most of us fans will ever dream of. The money that exists in football now means that you and your fellow PL pros live in a completely different universe from the rest of us. All because you have a bit of talent for kicking a leather ball around.

But apparently that's not good enough for you now. You are so sad and desperate to leave us for greener pastures, despite the fact that the club have not received a single bid for you from another employer as yet. I wonder how that could have happened? You broke the rules of the league when you decide to go and meet with another potential suitor. Now you may not have realised that it was against the rules, in which case you're an idiot. Or perhaps you did know, but didn't care, in which case you're just a c*nt.

When you signed that contract last year, you waived certain rights, such as the right to demand whatever move away you wanted. You may have a bloated sense of your own importance, but you are in actual fact just an asset of Southampton FC, and with the number of years remaining on your contract that you were very happy to sign, that means the club holds all the aces here. If you think your little sob story and transfer request changes anything then you are seriously mistaken. If the club do not received a bid from another club that matches it's valuation of your services, then they don't have to agree to anything. I'm so very sorry if you don't like that.

As a longtime fan of Saints, through thick and thin, may I express to you what most of our fans are now thinking - that you please just F*** off and stick your self pity up your a*se, you greedy, self-important pr*ck.

Greedy Virgil; captain Saints for another couple of years and you'd be angling for a move to Barcelona, but it's all about wanting money now. Or, at least that's what your agent is thinking. Two potential moves are better than one. As Southampton supporters you'd expect more from someone who's consistently shown such class. One word: disgraceful.

Rather much this though I would like an unofficial caveat that we will not be entertaining bids from Liverpool due to illegal approaches. If somebody else stumps up the right money then get shot of course but, until then, we pay his substantial wages on a contract he was only too happy to sign a matter of months ago and to continue to pocket while recovering from injury with the help and support of the club.

Frankly don't think option 2 is much better than option 1 in the grand scheme of things - VVD has ultimately succeeded in forcing through a transfer and has left the club against our wishes. That's it to a club other than Liverpool is a minor consolation and certainly not worth foregoing a higher fee if we were to sell to Liverpool. Only Option 3 is genuinely different and easier to justify taking the high ground over.

Let's be honest, he'll play if we don't sell him. He won't have typed up that statement himself, his agent will have. He isn't at the training ground kicking down doors, he's probably still chatting to everybody like normal, this is just part of the game to get the move that he wants. He isn't sat at home hyperventilating at the idea he might not play for Liverpool next season, he's just trying to get what he wants. Let's not go all crazy over how 'disgraceful' it is, it's part of the game. This doesn't force us to do anything, Everton rejected John Stones' transfer request to go to Chelsea, not sure why everyone thinks these things are so important.

Let's be honest, he'll play if we don't sell him. He won't have typed up that statement himself, his agent will have. He isn't at the training ground kicking down doors, he's probably still chatting to everybody like normal, this is just part of the game to get the move that he wants. He isn't sat at home hyperventilating at the idea he might not play for Liverpool next season, he's just trying to get what he wants. Let's not go all crazy over how 'disgraceful' it is, it's part of the game. This doesn't force us to do anything, Everton rejected John Stones' transfer request to go to Chelsea, not sure why everyone thinks these things are so important.

tend to agree with that! Doesn't say much about the modern game though

Greedy Virgil; captain Saints for another couple of years and you'd be angling for a move to Barcelona, but it's all about wanting money now. Or, at least that's what your agent is thinking. Two potential moves are better than one. As Southampton supporters you'd expect more from someone who's consistently shown such class. One word: disgraceful.

We'll never be a stepping stone to a club like Barca. Now Liverpool, that's a different story...

Ha, virtually what I have written in a post on the previous page. I am disappointed in Virgil himself, but the influence of agents in this day and age is really the thing I despise. Parasites.

Just been having a laugh on RAWK (they're still banned from talking about us). They're talking as if he's now 'done his bit' ''good lad'' etc. and now it's up to 'Liverpool' to finish the work.

They also, quite hilariously said ''If Southampton only want to sell to Chelsea or City, Virgil should stand firm - he can make this happen''. Who in living gods name do they think they are?????

They also quite poorly said that Keita now needs to do the same if he really wants to move.

They really are a cesspit.

Just been having a laugh on RAWK (they're still banned from talking about us). They're talking as if he's now 'done his bit' ''good lad'' etc. and now it's up to 'Liverpool' to finish the work.

They also, quite hilariously said ''If Southampton only want to sell to Chelsea or City, Virgil should stand firm - he can make this happen''. Who in living gods name do they think they are?????

They also quite poorly said that Keita now needs to do the same if he really wants to move.

It's all in the name, it's a container for **** filters.

Agree. There is always a way back.

To be honest the statement feels like it comes from a position where he knows clubs aren't getting anywhere near our valuation, so he's trying to force it (because he's now sacrificed some dough to make it happen).

I still think it is possible we will still keep him.

If we do sell him I hope to god we sign the replacement first - we can do with another Fonte style shambles.

Ahh the old "I'm an ambitious player". Yeah you and half the world mate. Wanting to play for a bigger club doesn't make you ambitious, everyone wants Champions League and extra money. I hope he breaks both his legs.

Unnecessary mate, he's a knob but it's just footie.

Nothing has changed.....

VVD still wants to move.

We don't want to sell (well that's what we say publically, but realistically if someone bids our valuation he's gone).

We still don't want to and won't deal with the victims.

The only thing thats changed is we now get a couple of million (or whatever it is) of the scum bag, because he's finally plucked up the courage to put it in writing.

Who's won out of today's situation....? I'd say we have.

Ericb is right though, the board are in a very difficult situation as they don't want to look weak to other players.

Hold firm, Les. £75m and not to the victims or you rot, Virgil you snowflake.

Dear Virgil Van Dijk

So, you've finally come out and shown your true colours in public then (although judging by the wording of the statement, I seriously doubt you wrote it yourself).

Of course, you are just the innocent victim in all this, aren't you. I mean, what sort of awful employer would reward your good work with an improved and extended contract, with a handsome signing fee, and giving you the captaincy. what absolute assholes Saints FC must be to do that.

So you've been in pain and anguish over this horrible treatment, while getting paid an already ridiculous salary while not having to do any work at all for the last six months. Oh what a crying shame. really, my heart bleeds for you. I mean, you earn far more money than most of us fans will ever dream of. The money that exists in football now means that you and your fellow PL pros live in a completely different universe from the rest of us. All because you have a bit of talent for kicking a leather ball around.

But apparently that's not good enough for you now. You are so sad and desperate to leave us for greener pastures, despite the fact that the club have not received a single bid for you from another employer as yet. I wonder how that could have happened? You broke the rules of the league when you decide to go and meet with another potential suitor. Now you may not have realised that it was against the rules, in which case you're an idiot. Or perhaps you did know, but didn't care, in which case you're just a c*nt.

When you signed that contract last year, you waived certain rights, such as the right to demand whatever move away you wanted. You may have a bloated sense of your own importance, but you are in actual fact just an asset of Southampton FC, and with the number of years remaining on your contract that you were very happy to sign, that means the club holds all the aces here. If you think your little sob story and transfer request changes anything then you are seriously mistaken. If the club do not received a bid from another club that matches it's valuation of your services, then they don't have to agree to anything. I'm so very sorry if you don't like that.

As a longtime fan of Saints, through thick and thin, may I express to you what most of our fans are now thinking - that you please just F*** off and stick your self pity up your a*se, you greedy, self-important pr*ck.

Loving this post.....

How did such a self loving conceited footballer become our captain ???

Tough decision for the board but they must stick to their guns and sell for their valuation. Come January clubs will be queuing up to the Bargate to pay the full valuation. Meanwhile let him stew ... Double training at a the Veracity green every day should bring him down a peg or two!

Well I guess he's not going to get a leaving video when he eventually does leave now.

''Southampton Football Club can confirm that Virgil Van Dyk has joined Manchester City for an undisclosed world record transfer fee.

The club will use the funds to further strengthen our squad for the coming season''.

Nothing has changed.....

VVD still wants to move.

We don't want to sell (well that's what we say publically, but realistically if someone bids our valuation he's gone).

We still don't want to and won't deal with the victims.

The only thing thats changed is we now get a couple of million (or whatever it is) of the scum bag, because he's finally plucked up the courage to put it in writing.

Who's won out of today's situation....? I'd say we have.

Ericb is right though, the board are in a very difficult situation as they don't want to look weak to other players.

Hold firm, Les. £75m and not to the victims or you rot, Virgil you snowflake.

Dont keep putting this at Les Reed's door. He cannot make the decision on his own if at all.

Agree only to an extent - he's still been prepared to put the club in a position where he's training away from the first team and skip preseason matches (not talking about the u-23s) -crucial for someone who's been injured for six months. It's now the eve of a new season yet he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to back down. Assuming the best case scenario in which he comes in from the cold, I'd say it's at least a month before we see him in first team action. The club still needs to manage other egos in the squad and do what's right for the other CBs who have acted like professionals.

Edited by shurlock