Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I agree with you. Reacting every time something comes out in the media shows a willingness to get involved in games. At best we retort through trusted media sources by simply saying our stance has not changed and that is that. Whether or not it has changed privately it doesn't make sense to publicly state so either.

For what it is worth I think losing Coutinho gives Liverpool the financial muscle to make us an offer for VVD that would test our resolve, but that is just pure speculation on my part. However, if the fact they get him is because they lost their best player it somewhat contradicts the reasons VVD wants to leave (well, the public ones - privately the reason is to triple his salary or whatever it is).

....and his agents

Lol....just on SSN that Coutinho has just handed in a transfer request.........

What's he doing? This can't be right. Liverpool are not a selling club. I reckon the players been tapped up. They should report Barcelona for an illegal approach. They might even get an apology.

Cue all the ex Liverpool hanger on players telling him they must let him go................. :lol: As if

Did you listen to Brazil on radio this morning on about Danny Rose "will he pass a medical though..." Double VD hasn't played for 8 months yet him and his cronies have been tabling that transfer all summer!

I agree with you. Reacting every time something comes out in the media shows a willingness to get involved in games. At best we retort through trusted media sources by simply saying our stance has not changed and that is that. Whether or not it has changed privately it doesn't make sense to publicly state so either.

For what it is worth I think losing Coutinho gives Liverpool the financial muscle to make us an offer for VVD that would test our resolve, but that is just pure speculation on my part. However, if the fact they get him is because they lost their best player it somewhat contradicts the reasons VVD wants to leave (well, the public ones - privately the reason is to triple his salary or whatever it is).

The cannot as they have sent the letter of apology to us stating they withdraw their interest

Good post on F365 today: http://www.football365.com/news/mails-does-coutinho-to-barcelona-actually-make-any-sense

There is also following article on the subject: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/neymar-psg-transfer-naby-keita-alexis-sanchez-virgil-van-dijk-liverpool-arsenal-manchester-city-a7875636.html

Will be interesting to see what the fallout will be from clubs starting to take a hardline stance on holding players to their contract and calling players and their agents' bluff to see if "player power" really is all that powerful as they and the media would have us believe.

Good article, thanks for adding Cartman. I hope that the power of agents is gradually brought back to a realistic heel. I don't think anyone wants the return of the pre-minimum wage days but the 'short career and playing in the CL' cards in order to gain their agents yet another fat pay day on fans' backs is really tired and had it's day. I hope Saints hold out - and that Liverpool are learning their lesson with Coutinho and Kieta. I'd also like to see the likes of Wasserman eliminated from the game - and there are others like him. Danny Rose has just had to apologise and suspect he repeated in public what a puffed up agent in a bubble had probably convinced him of. At least he's had a little bit of brain to pull it back back in the real world.

I'd be proud of Saints if we were to play a small part in this. Even VVD going to Chelsea or City would be a minor victory of sorts although I fully support the club's current stance.

Players will still move and have agents - Shaw, Mane and Morgan still did and the former two with the minimum of fuss.

Well if they get the Coutinho money Double VD then we add another 20m on surely? 95m to them - 65 to Chelsea or Man City

Did you listen to Brazil on radio this morning on about Danny Rose "will he pass a medical though..." Double VD hasn't played for 8 months yet him and his cronies have been tabling that transfer all summer!

Nope, would not listen to that bell end at any price.....

Couldn't agree more. There has been a whole lot of debating and articles in the media relating to this whole sorry saga, but whats very noticeable is that not a lot of it actually comes from us, the club. We have merely acknowledged the problem, stated our stance with VvD and nothing much further, we have stuck to our original stance.

The longer this goes on, and we continue to stand strong the better. I really do hope that we do not sell him, because as far as I am concerned I think the more important thing is the principle now. I honestly think we are doing the right thing with regard to maintaining professional standards of conduct within football. Personally, I couldn't give two shytes about VvD now, not interested in him at all, but feel quite good about how the club have handled the situation.

Of course, you are correct, if the dippers do have to sell Coutinho, then they could temp us with a large wad, and I wouldn't blame the club if they took it, but hopefully it won't pan out like that, and if he goes then it's to Chelsea or somewhere else.

I'm up in Liverpool today and just popped into the Sandon for a bite to eat.

Ive just been listening to two scousers at the bar arguing:

Scouse 1: 'Well I reckon the club should let him go, he wants the move, he's put in a transfer request, he's got a mystery illness stopping him from playing. It's fing wrong that the manager and the club wont let him go.'

Scouse 2: 'Nah, your wrong, kid. He should stay and honour his contract. The club are right to keep him, he has only just signed and contract, has years to go still, and should fing STAY'.

Scouse 1: 'Don't be a nob. How can you force a player to stay when he is looking to move away to a bigger and better club.'

Scouse 2: 'Thats ******. Why should the team be weakened just to please a selfish tossbag.'

After 5 minutes of this back and forth and they getting angrier and squaring up for a punch up, I had a word with the barman.

Barman: Oi, what are you two arguing about? Van Dijk or Coutinho?

Both of the scousers looked at him and said, simultaneously, 'Don't rightly know'

Edited by Secret Site Agent

All Liverpool do is copy us.

First they want our players

Then they deny their player is for sale

NOW he's handed in a transfer requiest.

All we need now is a statement from Coutinho in the press, and him to be training along.

It's like ****ing groundhog day.

I just hope against hope he goes whilst VVD stays here. Quality Comedy Gold.

All Liverpool do is copy us.

First they want our players

Then they deny their player is for sale

NOW he's handed in a transfer requiest.

All we need now is a statement from Coutinho in the press, and him to be training along.

It's like ****ing groundhog day.

I just hope against hope he goes whilst VVD stays here. Quality Comedy Gold.

They are even copying and pasting some of the comments from this thread on RAWK - Just swapping the words VVD for Coutinho :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if that is true that's exactly how Koeman got caught. Club strang him along for quite a while.

Allegedly. Libel LOL. So yeah...allegedly. But almost positively true.

Also last I got on the sale was the sale to Lander is now almost dead in the water and that it's true they are having issues getting the money out of the country and for that reason kats team thinks they are too dodgy.

Bit she still wants to sell.

Please crawl back under your stone. Thanks.

I really don't think it comes down to cash with VvD going to Liverpool. They can already afford it purely in terms of amount of money.

Agreed - I'm hoping that the club are taking the principled view with regard to all of this. I'm not suggesting that they should cut off their nose to spite their face, but after having played it so well up to now, I really want them to stand firm.

Right now i would like every Saints fan at St Marys tomorrow to stand up and applaud our board for the way they have conducted themselves and stood firm.

I am ****ing myself with delight that Phil has stuck in a transfer request because he realises his career is short and wants to win things.....welcome to Barca Phil and P*** off you bunch of victims.

In all honesty i hope both Saints and Liverpool stand firm on both players and fine them every week they dont train / play - player power + agents are totally ruining the game and time the clubs stood up to it as the leagues and FIFA/UEFA obviously wont

Save one or two the bin dippers hypocrisy on RAWK is stunning mind you !

Agreed - I'm hoping that the club are taking the principled view with regard to all of this. I'm not suggesting that they should cut off their nose to spite their face, but after having played it so well up to now, I really want them to stand firm.

I don't know, if they come back with £100million i'd take it, everyone would say we've played it perfectly if that happens.

I don't know, if they come back with £100million i'd take it, everyone would say we've played it perfectly if that happens.

Agreed - that's what I'm saying, but whatever happens now it does so on our terms, not theirs (or anyone else's for that matter). Up to now - our board have played this very well as far as I am concerned.

Looks like he told the media before he told them. Dear oh dear...

Simply fantastic, although Coutinho has no yet achieved full VVD. I imagine that the folks in Leipzig are having a laugh as well.

A great Liverpudlian once wrote a song called "Instant Karma". It is now stuck in my head. Can't see it leaving anytime soon.

Any lawyers on here?

If, in theory, VVD or Coutinho took legal action against the clubs, how would it likely go down? It looks like a basic contract law issue to me

Legal action on what ground? Sticking to the terms of an agreed contract?

Simply fantastic, although Coutinho has no yet achieved full VVD. I imagine that the folks in Leipzig are having a laugh as well.

A great Liverpudlian once wrote a song called "Instant Karma". It is now stuck in my head. Can't see it leaving anytime soon.

seconded :)

Potentially using the fines as a form of unfair application of the employment contract. Who knows where an ego and an expensive lawyer will get you?

What fines? His statement said that there was the intention to fine him 2 weeks wages. Intention to means that it hasn't happened. You'd have to see his contract to see whether he has grounds but the club would not be so foolish as to not have this area covered. It wouldn't be a reason for breaking the contract, if a sporting tribunal heard it and ruled against the club.

The board should be looking at this situation as a heaven sent opportunity to totally change the club's reputation as a selling club and get our supporters onside. Carry on stonewalling VVD and gobsmack all the gobby, knowall ex LFC pundits. If VVD is still here after September the supporters will be delighted that LFC have been royally stuffed. If VVD never plays again until 2018/19 I wouldn't think too many would care less. If he apologises, climbs down and gives his all, fair play to him and I'm sure everybody outside Liverpool will be delighted.